• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
wanderingmagus

Story Comic for Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Oy, Rhea. How long has it been?

Lemme guess. The redhead is either the parent/s or another adopted sibling.

25 minutes ago, Stature said:

Oy, Rhea. How long has it been?

Lemme guess. The redhead is either the parent/s or another adopted sibling.

Redhead?  What redhead?  If you mean the sketchbook that isn't Rhea in there.  That is FV5 Justin and HOLY CARP Rhea looks like female Greg!  O_o

This should be pretty interesting. Another complication for Diane to make contact with Susan. I still think it is more likely Susan and don't really understand why they think she would be, but I can definitely understand how this would make Diane feel difficult about confronting her. I actually really like the idea of Nanase and Diane being in this boat together right now :P

1 hour ago, ChaosSepher said:

Redhead?  What redhead?  If you mean the sketchbook that isn't Rhea in there.  That is FV5 Justin and HOLY CARP Rhea looks like female Greg!  O_o

Blonde (Diane), brunette (Rhea), redhead is the only thing missing.

Shorter female Greg. Wild theorrrryyyy!!!!

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:

You need to fix that link, it has part of the forum address in it.

Fixed it soon enough. Seems like the forum misread the (no-http) link as its own.

3 hours ago, ChaosSepher said:

It is the curly hair and skin color. 

With the amount of detail in the art, there is very little to cause 2 characters to look different, mostly eyes, skin color and hair. There is just not enough finer detail to avoid characters looking alike. This is part of why hair is so varied and colourful in Anime/Manga.

Perhaps the next step would be for Nanase and Diane to confront Mrs Pompoms sometime when Susan will be out of the house.

Does Elliot still have Susan's work schedule?

Or, Susan promised Diane that she and Elliot would review any movie of her choice.  Just pick an obscenely long flick and then go to Mrs Pompoms while Susan and Elliot are distracted.

3 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

It is the curly hair and skin color. 

With the amount of detail in the art, there is very little to cause 2 characters to look different, mostly eyes, skin color and hair. There is just not enough finer detail to avoid characters looking alike. This is part of why hair is so varied and colourful in Anime/Manga.

Well it's not just that, as seen here they both also have that wide optimistic smile.

The sadistic side of me wants to see how Diane reacts to finding out how rich Susan is. Bonus points if it turns out that only Diane was adopted. To be fair she would have every right to be upset. Point is; the arc where they meet is gonna feel like a soap opera.

59 minutes ago, Scrapyard_Dragon said:

The sadistic side of me wants to see how Diane reacts to finding out how rich Susan is. Bonus points if it turns out that only Diane was adopted. To be fair she would have every right to be upset. Point is; the arc where they meet is gonna feel like a soap opera.

Yeah, she might be upset, at least until she learns more about Susan's past and all the trauma therein.

Susan got to grow up in wealth, while Diane got to grow up with a more complete and loving family.

Edited by Drasvin

14 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

Yeah, she might be upset, at least until she learns more about Susan's past and all the trauma therein.

Susan got to grow up in wealth, while Diane got to grow up with a more complete and loving family.

Depending on how much Diane still cares about farming her boyfriends for free stuff that could be a rather ironic situation.

Good, the "Susan may totally know about being adopted and just didn't bothered to tell them" point is being mentioned.

3 hours ago, Drasvin said:
4 hours ago, Scrapyard_Dragon said:

I wouldn't expect teenager to see it this way. At least not right away. Also, how much do we really know about Diane's parents?

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Perhaps the next step would be for Nanase and Diane to confront Mrs Pompoms sometime when Susan will be out of the house.

Does Elliot still have Susan's work schedule?

Or, Susan promised Diane that she and Elliot would review any movie of her choice.  Just pick an obscenely long flick and then go to Mrs Pompoms while Susan and Elliot are distracted.

... how long do you think they need for that confrontation? Just checking that Susan is in the store and then heading to her house would suffice.

15 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Would going behind Susan's back really be a wise idea?

Compared to telling her they need to talk with her mother about how she can be adopted? Frankly, I see both options as problematic, but don't see any other - unless Edward will come with something.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Also, how much do we really know about Diane's parents?

... just realized ... we don't even know what ethnicity they are. Do they match Diane, Rhea or neither?

12 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Well, effectively, either route is potentially going behind someone's back. Either go behind Susan and ask her mother, or go behind her mother and ask Susan.

20 minutes ago, Drasvin said:
37 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Well, effectively, either route is potentially going behind someone's back. Either go behind Susan and ask her mother, or go behind her mother and ask Susan.

... except if you put it this way, I think Susan is more scary. Although ...

Which is worse?  Going behind Susan's back to her mom, or bringing the idea to her

"We think Diane may be your sister and here's why", then come back a bit later and say, "Guess what?  Diane's adopted."  Or even let Diane spill those beans.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Which is worse?  Going behind Susan's back to her mom, or bringing the idea to her

"We think Diane may be your sister and here's why", then come back a bit later and say, "Guess what?  Diane's adopted."  Or even let Diane spill those beans.

Nanase and Ellen had already discussed that if anyone should tell Susan she was adopted, it should be Mrs Pompoms, and they were even going to talk to her about it first to give her that chance, because Susan hearing her mom say she's adopted would be better than hearing it from Ellen and Nanase, yeah it will likely hurt either way, but it could be worse if Ellen and Nanase told Susan and then Mrs Pompoms denies it, even if Diane was there, it'd basically be their word against Mrs Pompoms and Susan might be more likely to believe her mother more.