• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
wanderingmagus

Story Comic for Tuesday, May 3, 2016

15 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

and knows how unlikely it would be for Nanase of all people to invoke them in some sort of deception or scam.

Speaking about deception ... if Susan would see Diane WITHOUT any warning, what do you think she will say?

Susan: "Hello Grace"

Diane: "I'm not Grace"

Susan: (with Hammer) "Tedd?"

... seriously. She KNOWS backups of her form exists and SAW how they look (on Nanase). When seeing Diane, she would first suspect her form was used.

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I would wonder if Diane asked if her adopted parents knew if she had siblings that may have ended up elsewhere. I would imagine if they did know, they probably don't know where. but it's entirely possible they don't know.

She can still ask NOW. She has phone, don't she?

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, but I think it's likely she already has, she's had 2 previous opportunities to do so, the first being when she was told she was adopted, and the second when she got that message from Susan.

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:
48 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, but I think it's likely she already has, she's had 2 previous opportunities to do so, the first being when she was told she was adopted, and the second when she got that message from Susan.

Good point. Realizing she has a sister would be good time to ask parents for confirmation.

I’ve gotta admit, if Satan shows up or flooding happens, there could be delays.

Wouldn't it depend on what Satan would DO? I mean, if he would just visit some law company for help with some detail regarding contracts ... or visit some concert ...

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

If them being sisters was supposed to be a big secret, Diane and Susan should have been sent to families on opposite sides of the US to really minimize the chances of them meeting, even if either family moved around a bit, the chances of them ending up in the same area would still be low.

Low, but nonzero. And fiction in general is full of unlikely coincidences.

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Low, but nonzero. And fiction in general is full of unlikely coincidences.

Especially when the drive hits infinite improbability...

8 hours ago, Purple Smart said:

So they're both adopted? Interesting.

As far as Diane and Rhea know. 

Though I am really curious how this will turn out, especially considering some of the tweets from the last week  like this : 

Although it doesn't mean the scenario is impossible. Poor young couple can't support twins, give up one, then later have a huge unexpected inheritance (or otherwise strike it rich)...

It's possible.

I'd bet against it, though.

Susan being Mr. Pompons' daughter by his mistress (and Mrs. P being unaware of that fact) is one among many scenarios that are far more likely.

On 5/4/2016 at 9:50 AM, HarJIT said:

I think Dan reblogged on Tumblr at some point someone juxtaposing http://www.egscomics.com/?id=871 and http://www.egscomics.com/?id=1587 regarding Susan and family, and asking something like "so what is the truth?" ... I might be misremembering, of course.

Well, maybe there was a reality quake. GURPS players will probably know what I mean, but in case some of you aren't obsessed with this venerable role-playing game which Fallout stole much of its original game mechanics from, it means the past being changed in some way, leaving behind mysterious "reality shards" which don't jibe with what is now "real" history.

Or maybe Dan will "remember" that:

• Susan's cousins are boys (ugh!), or
  • Susan's cousins are much too young to be mistaken for her (#1587 would support that), or
  • One or more of Susan's cousins are girls more or less her own age who can be mistaken for her and act in ways that are embarrassing to Susan, so she told a white lie to Ellen, since her cousin(s) can't be who Ellen is talking about because they live far away and Susan .knows her cousins, like herself, would be in school in that far-enough-away city that her mother had to travel to giving time and opportunity for her dad to make a monumentally stupid move by bringing another woman into their home, and Susan didn't want to talk any more about the subject.

24 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Well, maybe there was a reality quake. GURPS players will probably know what I mean, but in case some of you aren't obsessed with this venerable role-playing game which Fallout stole much of its original game mechanics from, it means the past being changed in some way, leaving behind mysterious "reality shards" which don't jibe with what is now "real" history.

Or maybe Dan will "remember" that:

• Susan's cousins are boys (ugh!), or
  • Susan's cousins are much too young to be mistaken for her (#1587 would support that), or
  • One or more of Susan's cousins are girls more or less her own age who can be mistaken for her and act in ways that are embarrassing to Susan, so she told a white lie to Ellen, since her cousin(s) can't be who Ellen is talking about because they live far away and Susan .knows her cousins, like herself, would be in school in that far-enough-away city that her mother had to travel to giving time and opportunity for her dad to make a monumentally stupid move by bringing another woman into their home, and Susan didn't want to talk any more about the subject.

Another possibility I've seen raised is that Susan didn't really know her cousins at the time of the text messages, but either through coincidence or being inspired by Ellen's text to ask her mother, Susan and her mother got back in touch with her cousins and their family.  I certainly had cousins growing up who lived far enough away we only saw them on holidays, so an invitation to join them for Christmas Day dinner and cartoons would certainly be reasonable.

12 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Another possibility I've seen raised is that Susan didn't really know her cousins at the time of the text messages, but either through coincidence or being inspired by Ellen's text to ask her mother, Susan and her mother got back in touch with her cousins and their family.  I certainly had cousins growing up who lived far enough away we only saw them on holidays, so an invitation to join them for Christmas Day dinner and cartoons would certainly be reasonable.

Quite. Since my father was a bigamist, I probably have cousins I don't know about all over the place.

Whether The Shive made a mistake in #1587 or a retcon because he decided he wanted to have those cousins available later on, who knows? Maybe around #3000 or #4000 we'll finally meet them. Or some of us will. I'm not all that sure I'll live that long.

I think the most natural situation would be that Susan's cousins are the children of that sister her Ma was away visiting when The Woman With Susan's Face showed up. Maybe the sister is a lot younger and has younger kids than Susan. Maybe about the same age as Akiko?

The Moderator: Please don't revive old threads that have been inactive for around two weeks or more. If you wish to debate a thought related to a matter here, start a new thread in the General forum, or possibly add a comment in the 'Noticed upon Reread' thread. Thank you.

~tOH.