• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Can Immortals harm each other in some way? I'm just wondering what it would look like if Pandora found out about Voltaire and unleashed her full rage upon him. She can be pretty scary (in her chaos form, scarier than anyone else in EGS except for maybe Vlad, IMO), but Voltaire is immortal too, and we don't know his age or power. All this assuming Voltaire really is working against Pandora, of course, and not together with her in some convoluted plot. But I think today's final smirk disproves that.

If Voltaire just wanted to kill Sirleck, there would be easier ways to do it.

Maneuvering the Aberration into Pandora's line of fire will only serve to make every thing around this story more confusing and chaotic.

Sill, Magus knows Pandora Chaos Raven's full, if self selected, name.  Would he be able to tell Sirleck that Adrian is not related to Les Immortels?

We actually have Voltaire's name now. Why does the thread tag still say Colonel Sanders? :P

And this seems like it might be unhealthy for Abner possibly.

1 hour ago, Howitzer said:

We actually have Voltaire's name now. Why does the thread tag still say Colonel Sanders? :P

Hack and I like the name Colonel Sanders. So shush.

Game voice. Imitating a voice is game voice? Show me your GAME FACES!!! GRRR!

Ok, so even though Sirleck knows about Pandora, although only by the name Chaos. He's most certainly not aware that she's Adrian's mother. So Voltaire just lied again and told him Adrian belonged to either Helena or Demetrius.

So...either Sirleck goes after Adrian hoping to pull Helena and Demetrius away from Elliot, but instead gets the wrath of Pandora (which honestly I wouldn't mind cus Sirleck's nasty, but it might also mean Magus will get wrathed upon as well). Or Sirleck let's Magus know first, Magus tells Sirleck that he was lied to, and Abner's believed to have lied about the whole bit about Helena and Demetrius being distracted by vampires and such.

The second option doesn't make much sense for Voltaire's "Plan CM" because it wouldn't be likely to fulfill his goal of killing Elliot, however the first option of incurring the wrath of Pandora might, she already had a temper tantrum when Abraham hurt Adrian and Magus refused to get Edward to kill him for it. If Adrian is attack again in connection to Magus' plans, Pandora might decide that Magus doesn't deserve to get his body back and try to kill Elliot herself? That would certainly fall under Complicated Mess wouldn't it?

Oh yeah, duckface. :D

Meh. I think the Colonel is busy outsmarting himself again. He has a very high opinion of his own ability as a manipulator, and as we've already seen, he might do well initially but his schemes may easily fall apart on him in the crunch.

2 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Meh. I think the Colonel is busy outsmarting himself again. He has a very high opinion of his own ability as a manipulator, and as we've already seen, he might do well initially but his schemes may easily fall apart on him in the crunch.

Yeah, his plan is destined to fail mainly because I don't think Dan would kill off a main character. The riots that ensue would rival those of hockey fans after their team either wins or loses the Stanley Cup.

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, his plan is destined to fail mainly because I don't think Dan would kill off a main character. The riots that ensue would rival those of hockey fans after their team either wins or loses the Stanley Cup.

i would love to be able to report back to you on the magnitude of the riots after the Dallas Stars win the cup again. :D

Holy crap!  The mental image of Adrian seeing that....thing....coming for him, or worse yet, not seeing it untl it's already surrounding him....

Let's hope there's a way to get a body-snatcher off their victim without hurting them, 'cos one of the few things we know about Sirleck is that his current host is brain-dead and he's hoping to possess a powerful wizard next.  A virtually immortal one, who can live hundreds of years without needing to reset, would be irresistable....

16 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

A virtually immortal one, who can live hundreds of years without needing to reset, would be irresistable....

Suddenly, I am very, very scared about what Sirleck is planning.

I hope we get to see someone punch Voltaire in his smug face. I'm not sure if it would solve anything, but it would be cathartic.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Holy crap!  The mental image of Adrian seeing that....thing....coming for him, or worse yet, not seeing it untl it's already surrounding him....

Let's hope there's a way to get a body-snatcher off their victim without hurting them, 'cos one of the few things we know about Sirleck is that his current host is brain-dead and he's hoping to possess a powerful wizard next.  A virtually immortal one, who can live hundreds of years without needing to reset, would be irresistable....

I doubt that Sirleck would be trying to possess Mr Raven. Magus isn't just a powerful wizard, but one that is virtually unknown to the world. While Raven might be a powerful wizard with an incredibly long life span (and there have been hints that elves can be killed and will stay dead if so), he also has a fairly integrated life as a teacher, both of history and of magic. Also I get the feeling that possessing a half-immortal would be unwise in general, because otherwise, why not seek out a half-immortal to take before now?

1 hour ago, Drasvin said:

otherwise, why not seek out a half-immortal to take before now?

Maybe because he didn't know of any?  They likely do not advertise their heritage.  Recall, in the confrontation with Abraham, Adrien took it as given that revealing he was "the bastard son of a human and an Immortal" would lead Abraham to want to destroy him as much as he wanted to kill Ellen.  It would probably make them targets for a lot of other stuff, too.

So Voltaire found out that Raven is half-immortal, but he doesn't seem to know that he's actually Pandora's son. I'm pretty sure Voltaire has at least heard about Pandora, so I wonder what will happen once Pandora finds out about all this.

Of the many miracles I have witnessed, this pay phone still existing is easily in the top ten.

Haha. Actually, here in my country you can still find a few payphones in train stations. I even see a few people use them from time to time. I guess they're mostly foreigners who don't want to use their cell phones because it can be quite expensive if you don't have the proper SIM card for that country. Roaming costs are no joke.

Professor Adrian Raven wants to fight, but can not under most circumstances.

If someone directly attacks Adrian, then he can defend himself freely

If an aberration directly and openly attacks Adrian, that could be a rule changer.

And as for pay phones?  The mart of walls near my home has one outside where the carts are stored.  One time when I forgot my cell, I called home on that pay phone to see if there was anything I needed to pick up.  Between the background noise and bad connection communication was impossible.  My dad didn't even know it was me on the phone until after I got home.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I dunno if this is meant to be a specific scheme. It seems more like he's stirring the pot so to speak. Promoting some chaos, setting people on a collision course to keep them off balance, which might yield something constructive for his goals but will also turn attentions away from him.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Maybe because he didn't know of any?  They likely do not advertise their heritage.  Recall, in the confrontation with Abraham, Adrien took it as given that revealing he was "the bastard son of a human and an Immortal" would lead Abraham to want to destroy him as much as he wanted to kill Ellen.  It would probably make them targets for a lot of other stuff, too.

True, elves likely don't advertise their heritage, but they can be sensed by mortal magic. So all it would take is to find a capable paranormal detective with loose morals and a lot of time to comb the country for one. Given, if they are targets for monster hunters or such, then that would make for unsavory hosts.

Also the immortal restrictions would likely still apply even with a vampire/aberration possessing the elf, so the body snatcher would have to really toe the line to avoid bringing a good portion of the immortal community down on his head.

20 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

True, elves likely don't advertise their heritage, but they can be sensed by mortal magic

Hmm, he can sense there's *something* there, but he was still surprised by Adrian being an elf later on.  So if you went looking for  an elf by such means, you might have to sort through who-knows-how-many other creatures of various sorts.

20 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

Also the immortal restrictions would likely still apply even with a vampire/aberration possessing the elf, so the body snatcher would have to really toe the line to avoid bringing a good portion of the immortal community down on his head.

That could be more of a problem.  However, I suspect Sirleck would think himself clever enough to avoid triggering such restrictions and still get what he wanted.

3 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, he can sense there's *something* there, but he was still surprised by Adrian being an elf later on.  So if you went looking for  an elf by such means, you might have to sort through who-knows-how-many other creatures of various sorts.

Specifically he sensed something that was highly unnatural. There are likely to be other beings that have such an unnatural signature, but it would surely help to narrow down potential targets. That with cross-referencing and other legwork would help confirm whether or not a given target is an elf. Not with 100% certainty without something like a direct confrontation or getting really lucky, but likely close enough to move forward in maneuvering. Elves are likely rare, so it would take a lot of money and time to find one to take, but if the body snatcher wants an extremely long-lived and powerful host, the cost would certainly be worth it.

9 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

That could be more of a problem.  However, I suspect Sirleck would think himself clever enough to avoid triggering such restrictions and still get what he wanted.

Sirleck certainly thinks himself clever, but he's also cautious and scared to death of immortals. There is also the fact that the elf's immortal parents might keep an eye on their progeny. Pandora certainly does, and while she's not the best example of normal immortal behavior, it shows that such an emotional attachment is possible. Maybe such an emotional attachment is the norm among immortals that make half-mortal children, and Sirleck hopes to use that to further distract Helena and Demetrius from Elliot to give Magus a chance to do the thing he needs to do so Sirleck can steal Magus's body.

We're not even sure if Sirleck can possess Adrian, his Immortal side could make him immune to possessions by bodysnatchers, either that or Adrian is able to sense aberrations nearby and has the same desire to destroy them as Immortals do and because Sirleck's an aberration, Adrian shouldn't be bound by his restrictions.