• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Ugh, another duckface. Suddenly I can't take Voltaire as seriously anymore.

Anyway, I bet his plan is to lure Sirleck into attacking Raven so Pandora will get pissed off and kill Sirleck. That's one loose end tied up. Next Volty will just have to find a way to kill Elliot before Magus can take possession of his body. I could be wrong, of course, but I'm pretty sure that no matter what happens, Sirleck will be the first one to kick the bucket and no one will miss him.

1 hour ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Ugh, another duckface. Suddenly I can't take Voltaire as seriously anymore.

Anyway, I bet his plan is to lure Sirleck into attacking Raven so Pandora will get pissed off and kill Sirleck. That's one loose end tied up. Next Volty will just have to find a way to kill Elliot before Magus can take possession of his body. I could be wrong, of course, but I'm pretty sure that no matter what happens, Sirleck will be the first one to kick the bucket and no one will miss him.

First, after getting Sirleck killed, killing Elliot may not be necessary ; Marcus seemed desperate when contacting Sirleck, he may not have other option.

Second, talking about Marcus being desperate, MARCUS may miss Sirleck.

50 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

First, after getting Sirleck killed, killing Elliot may not be necessary ; Marcus seemed desperate when contacting Sirleck, he may not have other option.

Wait wait wait.....

Who's Marcus?

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Wait wait wait.....

Who's Marcus?

... ok, I must admit I meant Magus and not Marcus.

(Interesting. Not first time I got those two mixed up, although usually I correct myself before posting.)

(BTW, still don't know who's Sara. Sarah doesn't make sense in context.)

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(BTW, still don't know who's Sara. Sarah doesn't make sense in context.)

I would have guessed a misspelling of Sarah if it weren't for the masculine pronouns used immediately after...

maybe someone's just really really confused?

11 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

I would have guessed a misspelling of Sarah if it weren't for the masculine pronouns used immediately after...

maybe someone's just really really confused?

Confusion seems to be a normal state of being for those of us trying to figure out where Dan's going with all of this.

Also: Good to see the forums are back up, though slightly annoyed I had to completely re-register my account. <_<

9 hours ago, Ranma_2k8 said:

Confusion seems to be a normal state of being for those of us trying to figure out where Dan's going with all of this.

There are more confusing comics around. Although, in most of those, readers simply stopped trying.

9 hours ago, Ranma_2k8 said:

Good to see the forums are back up, though slightly annoyed I had to completely re-register my account.

I'm more annoyed that all my posts and all posts I was replying to before the crash disappeared.

... I'm surprised there are people who still didn't noticed the forum is back online. It's been two months ... How many are still missing?

Sorry I meant Sarah. It's so hard to keep track (Since I know IRL Sara's >>)

Yeah, they did CHOOSE those things, but if magic has its own will and set of powers...Why couldn't concepts like Order and Chaos have them as well? I mean, it's perfectly within the means for the immortals to choose how they spend their time but it could also be possible that even they can fall under influences like that. Also it stands to reason that any immortal like Pandora would eventually reach her state of mind, considering what Jerry told the girls. If immortals do not reset, they become extremely powerful and unpredictable. But its also possible that they could be influence by such concepts.

And yup, that's what I was going with for Voltaire. Just because he wants to put back the status quo doesn't mean he's any better than Pandora (He's perfectly willing to throw Raven in harms way, even though Raven has done nothing wrong.)

Also my guess is Sirleck really HATES elves. I bet a lot of aberrations do; Elves are essentially a slap in the face to them; THEY used to be human, they wanted power and immortality and here comes this kid who just happens to get a lot of that handed to them?

2 minutes ago, FolksyFox said:

Sorry I meant Sarah. It's so hard to keep track (Since I know IRL Sara's >>)

Sarah is she and we already know how her spell works.

4 minutes ago, FolksyFox said:

Why couldn't concepts like Order and Chaos have them as well?

Occam's razor. Sure, there may be such concepts (and there are in lot of other comics, or in The Chronicles of Amber for example), but there is nothing which would suggest that in EGS.

7 minutes ago, FolksyFox said:

Also my guess is Sirleck really HATES elves. I bet a lot of aberrations do; Elves are essentially a slap in the face to them; THEY used to be human, they wanted power and immortality and here comes this kid who just happens to get a lot of that handed to them?

While jealously may lead to hate, they may just as easily be jealous of immortals themselves. Elves never were human. Of course, they lack any possibility to harm immortals, but they may be able to harm elves, so ...

Well, Voltaire did sort of imply (but didn't actually say) that Raven is the child of one of the two French immortals.

And Sirleck is also aware of Pandora, but has no reason to specifically think that Raven is Pandora's child.

Now I'm wondering if Voltaire is aware of Raven's actual parentage. If not, the can of worms he's trying to open might turn out to be a supertanker...

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Now I'm wondering if Voltaire is aware of Raven's actual parentage. If not, the can of worms he's trying to open might turn out to be a supertanker...

Hmm, you're right, while he's referred to "pawn of Chaos" as if he knows that's a name she's known by, I can't recall any time he's used either of her other names.  Maybe this *isn't* directed at Pandora Chaos Raven, maybe he doesn't know that she uses the name Raven.

Personally, I've come to suspect Raven was the name of Adrian's father, which Pandora adopted when she was with him.  If Voltaire knew her from before then (I can definitely see a long-term rivalry surviving through multiple resets; just look at how quickly college students develop lifelong team loyalties....) then he might not know she's adopted that name.

Occam's Razor says he knows Adrian Raven is Pandora Chaos Raven's son, but this particular razor is a bit blunt/dull....

On May 8, 2016 at 6:13 PM, hkmaly said:

Funny, but I meant Adrian is implied to be kid of ONE of them. Note that we don't even know if immortals are capable of having child between themselves.

... also, incest in family is necessary part of most mythologies, because of limited starting point. Zeus and Hera are siblings and have several kids together, including Ares and Hebe. And Hebe married Heracles, another son of Zeus ... something more about topic ... even more (warning, tvtropes) ...

We are more likely to like the results than Pandora :) - Dan isn't the kind of author who likes to torture his readers.

Oh, I'm well aware of all the shenanigans the gods got in to. :) Seems to have been a sport for them, no matter the culture (*coughNorsecough*). XD 

---

I have to wonder - Adrian mentioned to Grace (during Death Sentence) that he normally only needs a fraction of his power. So, does his aura look different depending on how he looks? If that's the case, and if Sirleck can see auras, is it possible that he'll think Adrian is the mortal parent and Noah (whose aura apparently resembles Grace's) is the half-immortal? I don't like where that scenario could lead... :S 

45 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

(*coughNorsecough*)

... as far as I know, Greek and Roman gods at least stayed the same sex. Loki, on the other hand ...

47 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

If that's the case, and if Sirleck can see auras, is it possible that he'll think Adrian is the mortal parent and Noah (whose aura apparently resembles Grace's) is the half-immortal

I don't think Sirleck would be as inexperienced as Luke in reading auras. Sure, he might not know about uryuom, but he would know how aura of elves could look. Also, he was given name ; he will likely use it to find out how Adrian looks.

(Also, Grace probably have bigger aura than Noah. She has less experience and training, but better genealogy.)

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... as far as I know, Greek and Roman gods at least stayed the same sex. Loki, on the other hand ...

I don't think Sirleck would be as inexperienced as Luke in reading auras. Sure, he might not know about uryuom, but he would know how aura of elves could look. Also, he was given name ; he will likely use it to find out how Adrian looks.

(Also, Grace probably have bigger aura than Noah. She has less experience and training, but better genealogy.)

And Loki was exactly who I had in mind. n__n When you have a moment, check out either satwcomic.com or humoncomics.com - I think it's the latter that Humon has posted about Scandinavian Gods and mythological critters. :)

Why would we know for sure that Grace has a bigger aura than Noah based on parentage? All we know about Noak's parents is that they're dead, because Damien killed them. :/

The assumption is that the size/intensity of one's aura is indicative of one's power level. Grace is established as having the highest base power of any known non-Immortal humanoid in the EGS cast. Adrian Raven was downright intimidated by seeing her full power, thinking that she could easily kill a dozen Damiens, whereas he had not believed Noah to be capable of battling Damien. In Adrian's opinion, then, Grace is much more powerful in combat terms than Noah.

6 hours ago, ijuin said:

The assumption is that the size/intensity of one's aura is indicative of one's power level. Grace is established as having the highest base power of any known non-Immortal humanoid in the EGS cast. Adrian Raven was downright intimidated by seeing her full power, thinking that she could easily kill a dozen Damiens, whereas he had not believed Noah to be capable of battling Damien. In Adrian's opinion, then, Grace is much more powerful in combat terms than Noah.

Exactly. Although she was in legion form then - and we know her power level vary with form, which may be true for aura as well.

... I suppose Edward wouldn't like Luke to look at Grace changing forms so we won't really see more ...