• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

The College Football National Championship Game.

Between their cable, radio, and on-line outlets, ESPN is broadcasting this game on 14 different networks.

This takes me back to the early days of DVD, with each multi angle view and commentary track getting its own channel.

I just finished Netflix' "7 Deadly Sins."  It wasn't bad, wasn't great.  The sort of thing I watch once, liked enough to watch season 2 if they do one, liked enough to pay some attention to if it's on someone else's screen, but don't feel the need to own a copy on disk or watch it through a second time.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The College Football National Championship Game.

Between their cable, radio, and on-line outlets, ESPN is broadcasting this game on 14 different networks.

This takes me back to the early days of DVD, with each multi angle view and commentary track getting its own channel.

Quite a finish to that game. It was no UT-USC / Vince Young quality game, but it was good nonetheless.

Neighbours episode #4292 and 4293. I'm rewatching Dee's death to prepare myself for Monday's episode, in which they'll be retconning her back somehow.

18 minutes ago, Tobyc said:

Neighbours episode #4292 and 4293. I'm rewatching Dee's death to prepare myself for Monday's episode, in which they'll be retconning her back somehow.

Sounds like a situation where you'd be better off watching MST3K and reciting their Mantra.

On 22 January 2017 at 4:38 AM, mlooney said:

I've been watching way to much "WTF is wrong with you"

Love that show, though I fell behind on it a while ago. I still send him stories occasionally though.

Right this second, Family Feud, and Fast Money tonight and last night have been spectacular: both times the first contestant has gotten at least 150 points and the second has managed to get to 200 despite missing one question.

Last night Neighbours explained where Dee has been for the last thirteen years, and I'm pretty okay with it. Certainly less contrived than when they brought back Harold in the 90s. Even aside from that, the episode was fantastic, with a great mix of reactions to her return. Watching the follow up now.

3 hours ago, Tobyc said:

Last night Neighbours explained where Dee has been for the last thirteen years, and I'm pretty okay with it. Certainly less contrived than when they brought back Harold in the 90s. Even aside from that, the episode was fantastic, with a great mix of reactions to her return. Watching the follow up now.

I still remember this show where a character at one point declared that he had to go to the loo. He left and was never seen again. In fact, he was never even spoken of again. I really wonder about how toilets work in that universe.

59 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I still remember this show where a character at one point declared that he had to go to the loo. He left and was never seen again. In fact, he was never even spoken of again.

Otherwise known as Chuck Cunningham Syndrome. Which doesn't apply to Dee because until recently we assumed she had drowned, after the car she and her husband were in went over a cliff thanks in part to faulty brakes. http://perfectblend.net/magic/2003/4292.htm Of course, they never found a body.

Let me guess.  She had amnesia, and only just remembered who she is and that she loves him.

It's almost always amnesia, because that seems to be the only reason anyone has come up with for someone to disappear for years and then show up again, without making the character into the jerk of all jerks for not telling their loved ones they were alive.  The only other plausible reason is that they were kidnapped and held against their will, and even the cheesiest shows seem to realize that being held captive for years might just change a person, likely not for the better, and most don't want to deal with that.

Well, not quite. There was amnesia involved, but she mostly recovered from that a long time ago (though there still seem to be gaps in her memory). Emily, the woman who found her, was on the run from an abusive partner and thought she was in a similar situation because of her injuries from the accident, and she wasn't in any condition to correct her at first. So it turns out she'd planned to come back in 2004, only to find out Toadie had moved on, while her parents (who were never regular characters) had died offscreen in an unrelated car accident (not sure what happened to her sister yet, but that should be coming up tonight). So she went back to Perth with Emily.

I should probably note that the show is doing a lot to keep us guessing whether this really is Dee or just a ridiculously well-informed imposter, but I'm leaning towards the former.