• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Posting a day late, but last night the original version of the movie of Annie was on (as opposed to the recent newer take).  I hadn't seen it in years.  There were a lot of details I'd forgotten, but the music is good, with lyrics I can still remember all these years later, and seeing it as both a look back at the Depression era and as a movie made in the 1980s was an interesting contrast.  Quite enjoyable!

Just saw The Last Jedi.  No spoilers, it was very good, some theories were proven true and some disproven, and I'm pleased but surprised certain surprises weren't spoiled ahead of time.  Go see it, unless you've never seen any of them, in which case, crawl out from under that rock and watch the amended Machete Order (Rogue One, then IV, V, II, III, VI, VII, VIII).  ;-)

8 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Rogue One, then VI, V, II, III, VI, VII, VIII).  ;-)

Did you mean IV before V?

How did the Roman Empire last so long when they depended on Roman Numerals for Maths?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Posted before I was finished writing

Saw The Last Jedi at at Sunday matinee at a Studio Movie Grill. I'll just say that the theater was awfully quiet for a Star Wars film. Either that, or the food was that good.

Currently watching live cricket from India on the Willow channel until my pain medicine kicks in.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Currently watching live cricket

I think I must be half asleep. I initially read that as 'live crickets' and wondered what made them that interesting to watch. My first impulse was that maybe you wanted something a little louder than that Star Wars showing.

Quiet could mean a well-behaved group and/or a theater known to kick out loud people, or people were so wrapped up in the story they weren't talking to each other, or everyone happened to be quiet watchers, or, as you said, mouths were too full.

Personally, I exclaimed a few times, but we went on a Sunday afternoon so the theater wasn't very full, so hard to judge if I was atypical.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Cow tipping is just wrong. They give lousy service.

You're gonna have to help me with the pickles, though. They won't fit on my bun.

Of course cows give bad service.  They spend more time on maternity leave than producing.

And instead of a bun, try serving your pickles on rye toast with assorted cheeses.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Give them a break. They are just tired of being milked for all they are worth.

Well, it's not like they work in a Cottage industry, and the wages in-curd can be small thanks to the butterfat-cats that churn the business and skim the profits.

22 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

In my experience, the typical person is atypical.

"You're one in a million!  That means there's eight of you in New York."

"Always remember you're a unique individual, just like everyone else."

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Of course cows give bad service.  They spend more time on maternity leave than producing.

Ah, but for milk cows, maternity leave is exactly when they are producing!

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Midnight Mass at the Vatican.

The First Noël in Latin is kind of spooky.

A friend of mine who studied at Cambridge once told me this story.

The choirmaster at the cathedral there amongst other things led Gregorian chants. But he was just a little depressed by the thought that probably no-one ever listened to the actual Latin so painstakingly performed. So one fine Sunday he replaced the chorus in one of the chants with "Barclayus Cardus Flexibus" repeated twice. When the choir started performing this at first no-one seemed to notice. But at the third repetition a distinguished professor in the audience broke down and howled with laughter. The choirmaster instantly stopped the performance and declared, "Thank God at least ONE of you were actually listening."

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

A friend of mine who studied at Cambridge once told me this story.

The choirmaster at the cathedral there amongst other things led Gregorian chants. But he was just a little depressed by the thought that probably no-one ever listened to the actual Latin so painstakingly performed. So one fine Sunday he replaced the chorus in one of the chants with "Barclayus Cardus Flexibus" repeated twice. When the choir started performing this at first no-one seemed to notice. But at the third repetition a distinguished professor in the audience broke down and howled with laughter. The choirmaster instantly stopped the performance and declared, "Thank God at least ONE of you were actually listening."

Hmm, Google Translate is failing me here.