• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

On 22/04/2016 at 3:23 PM, partner555 said:

How do the first two movies compare to the anime series?

For a four-hour condensation of a 12-episode series, it's a pretty good effort I guess. But there are a number of moments that worked better for me in the format of a TV series. The end of episode 3, with the end credits music changing, for example. Or the extended flashback in episode 10 (which still ends with the opening title sequence in the movie, which seemed a little random).

I just finished watching Neighbours eipsode #7350, the highlight of which was the introduction of Madison Robinson, in a shot-for-shot recreation of the introduction of her mother Charlene (Kylie Minogue) thirty years ago.

I just finished watching Neighbours eipsode #7350, the highlight of which was the introduction of Madison Robinson, in a shot-for-shot recreation of the introduction of her mother Charlene (Kylie Minogue) thirty years ago.

Sounds rather like Degrassi, which granted had a gap between Degrassi Junior High/Degrassi High and the newer version, but made use of some of the same actors/characters in the revival as were in the original series, except in the role of parents and teachers decades later.

17 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Sounds rather like Degrassi, which granted had a gap between Degrassi Junior High/Degrassi High and the newer version, but made use of some of the same actors/characters in the revival as were in the original series, except in the role of parents and teachers decades later.

Yeah, I've seen enough of both shows to know what you mean. Neighbours does bring actors from decades past somewhat frequently (eg, for anniversary episodes), though it's doubtful we'll ever see Scott and Charlene played by Kylie and Jason again.

Continuing to watch Pokemon DP in sync with my replay of Platinum. Just past the Veilstone Gym battle.

Captain America: Civil War was a fantastic movie. I don't read a lot of their comics (with good reason, there hardly are any in Finland), but Marvel sure knows how to make some enjoyable blockbusters. One of my few complaints with the movie is how little screentime Spider-Man got, but I suppose it was to be expected and he was brilliant in his every scene nevertheless. I just don't understand why they absolutely had to make him a teenager. I could live with it, but come on, I wanted to see a grown-up Spidey for a change! The movie didn't make me laugh a lot, but all the drama and action more than made up for that and the after-credits scene made me leave the cinema with a smile on my face anyway.

Media Watch, tonight looking at several Australian media outlets which picked up a National Enquirer story about Prince dying of AIDS, among other things.

3 hours ago, Tobyc said:

Media Watch, tonight looking at several Australian media outlets which picked up a National Enquirer story about Prince dying of AIDS, among other things.

The poor sod will end up having died from more causes than the number of times JFK was shot. :(

On a slight tangent, I was reading a newspaper review of the
century a few nights ago which included a headline reading: "Kennedy
Slain By CIA, Mafia, Castro, LBJ, Teamsters, Freemasons. President
Shot 129 Times from 43 Different Angles."

4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Local news. A suburban city in my area is deliberately putting itself into the transgender bathroom controversy.

That have anything to do with Target making all their bathrooms gender neutral?

30 minutes ago, Scotty said:

That have anything to do with Target making all their bathrooms gender neutral?

Quite the opposite. The Mayor of the city of Rockwall, TX is going to propose a "birth certificate" bathroom law, similar to the one that's drawn so much criticism in North Carolina.

24 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Quite the opposite. The Mayor of the city of Rockwall, TX is going to propose a "birth certificate" bathroom law, similar to the one that's drawn so much criticism in North Carolina.

Well...how long will it be before people are defecating in public because they forgot to bring their birth certificate with them? I can totally see this inconveniencing everyone just to make sure a few conform to a stupid law.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The "bathroom ordinance" failed due to lack of support by the rest of the Rockwall, TX city council. Only the Mayor voted for it, and he's apparently the only one who had a problem.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind. Another outdated, intolerant and bigoted buffoon bites the dust.

My garden.  So far, I've grown grasses, flowers, bushes, and a tree, as well as attracting turtles, a bird, a deer, a snake, and some sort of ferret-like creature but with a skinnier neck.  And, for some reason, a desk with an owl sitting on it.

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

My garden.  So far, I've grown grasses, flowers, bushes, and a tree, as well as attracting turtles, a bird, a deer, a snake, and some sort of ferret-like creature but with a skinnier neck.  And, for some reason, a desk with an owl sitting on it.

How's that work, placed lights, but nothing is happening.

Nevermind, I guess it just takes a while, I apparently have what looks like a couple turtles now.

Home and Away, which in addition to copying Neighbours' recent explosion cliffhanger, has also just killed off their closest equivalent to Josh Willis (both in their late teens and both with a twin sister).

Also, it seems we're finally going to find out who killed Charlotte in the end of last season (the one Zac was exonerated for by his Facebook likes).

Aaand now both shows went on to kill off another member of the same family, in a delayed reaction to a blow to the head. Okay, this time it was his aunt rather than his grandfather, but nevertheless, wow.

Meanwhile, the murder mystery resolution managed to both a surprise and a beat-for-beat ripoff of the Josh West murder from 2006. Only this time the culprit was named Josh.