• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Just finished watching the series finale of Downton Abbey.

Spoiler

What TV Tropes would refer to as Babies Ever After!  Quite satisfying, especially for Lady Edith. Now, we just need to find a nice boyfriend for Barrow....

Just finished the first season of The Expanse. It's a little cliffhangery, and unfortunately by splitting the first book in half (Leviathan Wakes), a lot of the really cool stuff is gonna get shunted to the second season, which thankfully has already begun production. But in all, it's probably the best sci fi on television right now so I can't complain.

7 hours ago, LivewareProblem said:

Just finished the first season of The Expanse. It's a little cliffhangery, and unfortunately by splitting the first book in half (Leviathan Wakes), a lot of the really cool stuff is gonna get shunted to the second season, which thankfully has already begun production. But in all, it's probably the best sci fi on television right now so I can't complain.

Hmm, I think that book was among the packet of Hugo nominees I got for Chicon 7, but I don't remember whether I got through it.  I think it just didn't draw me in enough given how much I had to read through (I wound up not voting on the novels that year).

On 3/9/2016 at 9:51 PM, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, I think that book was among the packet of Hugo nominees I got for Chicon 7, but I don't remember whether I got through it.  I think it just didn't draw me in enough given how much I had to read through (I wound up not voting on the novels that year).

It's a longish novel. I enjoy slowly unravelling a mystery, so that was the draw for me. In terms of pacing, the show is a bit slower than I'd like, but they grab your attention very quickly with the visuals. It really does look like the future.

Dan's Super Mario Maker level being played on Game Grumps. Just cause.

Slumber in Seattle, coming this summer. Rated PG.

Yeah I saw that, rather amusing how they reacted to his mii: "Whatever gender you are Dan, you're beautiful."

Judging by Dan's comment about that on Twitter, sounds like he was feeling like Tedd after learning the word "gender fluid"

1 hour ago, Stature said:

Dan's Super Mario Maker level being played on Game Grumps. Just cause.

Slumber in Seattle, coming this summer. Rated PG.

What's the name of the level?  Searching YouTube and Google for both "Game Grumps" and "Dan Shive" yielded no joy, only a link to a list of levels over 80 long, giving titles only, no creators.  I'm not ambitious enough or bored enough to click them all....

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Yeah I saw that, rather amusing how they reacted to his mii: "Whatever gender you are Dan, you're beautiful."

You actually know what Dan's mii reminds me of? Mary Cagle, aka Cube Watermelon

In their defense, Dan's mii looks wee girly. Plus, Not-So-Grump sports long-ish hair and is named Dan.

One of the writers for The Simpsons, Tim Long is from Exeter Ontario which isn't far from me, he's been writing for them for about 10 years and a fair amount of his inspiration is based on things that happened in and around Exeter, I thought that was rather cool.