• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

20 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Watching the Dallas Stars play the Chicago Black Hawks. (Blackhawks? I can never remember ...)

Is that the sportsball game that has weird clubs, sharp foot ware, a disk shaped ball and should not be played south of the Dakotas? 

I think it's the one word version, but that's just through osmosis via repeated exposure.

I went to see Dr. Strange in 3D today, with a group of Mensans.  We went to a Chinese restaurant afterwards.  Movie was very good, effects were amazing but the script was a match to them.  Food and conversation after were both good, too. :-)

C-SPAN

The President attending the Veterans Day Ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery.

I am so grateful that this date ALWAY comes after election day.  A photo op where the candidates attempt to publicly pay their humble respects more prominently than their opponents is something I do not need to see.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

C-SPAN

The President attending the Veterans Day Ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery.

I am so grateful that this date ALWAY comes after election day.  A photo op where the candidates attempt to publicly pay their humble respects more prominently than their opponents is something I do not need to see.

We don't need another 9/11 commemoration...

On 11/6/2016 at 0:36 AM, CritterKeeper said:

I went to see Dr. Strange in 3D today, with a group of Mensans.  We went to a Chinese restaurant afterwards.  Movie was very good, effects were amazing but the script was a match to them.  Food and conversation after were both good, too. :-)

I think the movie jumped into the magic Inception stuff too fast, and consequently didn't spend enough time on Dr. Strange before the accident or during recovery before learning about magic. I might be comparing the movie to the animated one from some years back, where they followed Strange's post-accident-pre-magic depression in more detail.

I liked it, though. The Cape of Levitation was funny. The way the bad guy was stopped was clever. That casual drop of continuity was like, "Wait, what?" Doctor Strange learned to think with portals, which rapidly became funny. The final fight was fairly inventive. The first after-credits scene was fairly good.

Moreover I like that we finally have actual magic here now. Not just Mad Science or Sufficiently Advanced Aliens, but actual, real magic. They did a fairly good job of bringing that into the MCU. Now it remains to be seen what they do with it.

On another note, I'm comparing the final fight between Strange and the Big Bad with the final battle in an Undertale neutral run.

This particular moment in time, うどんの国の金色毛鞠 | Udon no Kuni no Kin'iro Kemari | Poco's Udon World.

In general, the current season of anime.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Watching the Texas vs. Kansas football game. Texas is up 7-0.

Consider the joke with the punch line of "hand egg" done for this year...

I'm gonna be following YouTuber TheJWittz for a while as he plays Pokemon Sun. I mean I already subscribed a while ago, but still.

I'm also going through Achievement Hunter's various Worms let's plays. I'm dying half the time, it's so funny.

20 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

...the Horns stunk up the joint yesterday. Can you say, "New coach in 2017"?

If you coach at a smaller school (or coach at a larger school with a relatively small salary) and win, your employment at that university also tends to be brief.  Whether you were lured out with a carrot or driven out with the stick is the only difference.  And the future of the players you recruited and coached up to that point is left to the discretion of a complete stranger.  Either way, it's just business.

But if the player wants to:

• transfer and play for a different coach
  • sit out games to protect his health
  • earn or accept anything of tangible value

then the player is bringing down the integrity of the game and being disloyal to the team.  Never mind that the coach can bench, or cut a player at any time and athletic scholarships are only awarded one year at a time.

Watching Major League Soccer earlier tonight.  Toronto FC at Montréal Impact.

The start of the game was delayed 40 minutes because the grounds crew at Montréal's Olympic Stadium painted the lines around the penalty box in the wrong place.

I suspect the mistake was due to a translation error.
French to English?  US Customary to Metric?  CAD to USD?  ESPN to TSN?

53 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Watching Major League Soccer earlier tonight.  Toronto FC at Montréal Impact.

The start of the game was delayed 40 minutes because the grounds crew at Montréal's Olympic Stadium painted the lines around the penalty box in the wrong place.

I suspect the mistake was due to a translation error.
French to English?  US Customary to Metric?  CAD to USD?  ESPN to TSN?

No, no. Clearly the lines were off side.