• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

5 hours ago, Tobyc said:

Neighbours, which tonight has moved on to a subplot about a kidnapped baby wombat.

That's just a madlibs plot.  That, or as the saying goes, word salad.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

That's just a madlibs plot.  That, or as the saying goes, word salad.

For context, he's the mascot of a newly opened backpacker hostel, leading the owner to suspect sabotage by the managers of two competing hotels. He was actually being held for ransom by another character who's seriously in debt for various reasons (some of them his fault). Also, the wombat is called Warnie, so people will keep getting him confused with cricketer Shane Warne.

Not the worst comedy story they've done, but not really what I was expecting the same week Dee returns from the dead.

Right now, rewatching The Day of the Doctor.

16 hours ago, Tobyc said:

Right now, rewatching The Day of the Doctor.

I recently listened to the Big Finish audio play Doctor Who - The War Doctor - "Only the Monstrous"

After that, I went to the library and checked out ALIEN and I, Claudius to see some of his early work.  I now have another reason to want to watch them, and am wondering how many requests the library has had for them in the past day or two.

Star Wars. You know that Rogue One movie that came out last year? The sequel's already out! 

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Old episodes of What's My Line

Kitty Carlisle or  Soupy Sales

Oops, you were talking about the 50s edition whilst I recall the 60s and 70s era of syndicated game shows. Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Relevant detail added

2 hours ago, Zorua said:

Star Wars. You know that Rogue One movie that came out last year? The sequel's already out! 

Been out for what, 40 years now?

I haven't yet watched the last episode of "The Grand Tour" for this season because, well it's the last one, and seeing it will make me a little sad, because I know there will not be another one for a while.

*Stop Press*  The great wiki says there will be one more after this one, so I'll watch it some time in the morning.  Or when ever I wake up.

I watched George XLI roll out to midfield for the coin toss at Super Bowl LI.

Then I flipped back and forth between the kitten bowl, the puppy bowl, and brain games.

I turned back to the NFL for the last five minutes of regulation and overtime.

I only regret missing the commercials.

So who won?  I caught some of it, but in a venue that was too loud to hear the commercials properly.  Free food made up for it somewhat.

Is it just me, or are Superbowl commercials not really a big deal anymore?  Used to be almost all of them were new, often made just for the occasion, impressive productions which only later would air in a shorter form.  Now, an awful lot of them were ones I'd already seen elsewhere before the game.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Dang, I was trying to see how long I could go without knowing who won and the final score.

I made it to well now with out knowing both times. And I not going to read this thread for at least 24 hours, don't waste time posting that information.

6 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I made it to well now with out knowing both times. And I not going to read this thread for at least 24 hours, don't waste time posting that information.

The where in the what in the which now sportsball contest?

16 hours ago, Tobyc said:

Media Watch, tonight looking at Alternative Facts and fake news.

9 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Alternative Facts, aka Made Up Facts.

aka Stuff That Isn't True, aka LIES.

I really wish people would call a spayed a spayed.  ;-)

Neighbours, currently doing its second gaslighting story focused on the same character in less than eighteen months.

Incidentally, that whole story with Dee coming back to life? She was an imposter after all.