• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

There are a lot of species that do all look alike, nothing saying that not being able to tell them apart is in and of itself racist.

The human eye is very good at pattern and facial recognition. However, it is easy to posit various alien species where we cannot readily tell individuals apart. Insectoids are one such category, protoplasmic blobs are another popular example, floating fields of energy that constantly shift in size, shape and colour would be a third. (And how about Vorlons who actually project specific appearances to individual species?)

Movie aliens that look alike because of budget reasons aside...

Some Undertale Let's Plays, reactions, and compilations. I particularly like the comic dub for when Papyrus meets a mugger.

Just finished watching the DVRed version of what there was of the 2nd attempt to run the Firestone 600 IndyCar Race from Texas Motor Speedway. They only got 71 of 240+ laps in before red flagging it due to heavy rain. It's been rescheduled to the evening of August 27th, the week after the Pocono race.

Last night's trip out to TMS was horrid. They never even brought out the cars from the garage areas. We sat for more than 3 hours waiting for them to dry the track after the first rainstorm that hit the track. Finally got told to go home.

At least TMS is going to accept tickets from last night for the 8/27 race. We might yet get to see it, although they're going to restart the race on lap 71. Bummer on that part.

Reading this forum got me thinking about Pronouns  Again.

I wonder if the School House Rock people can make a colorful music video addressing the question of personal pronouns in an era of increased gender identity and orientation awareness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koZFca8AkT0

This exact moment, the minutes tick by.

Earlier I finished season two of The Asterisk War and /the second to last episode of Kiznaiver.

Tomorrow I'll probably do several episode of Mayoiga (AKA The Lost Village).

Finally got to see last Sunday's episode of Game of Thrones, so now I'm trying to catch up on the video reviews and podcasts I usually watch before the last new episode of the season airs this Sunday.

Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki (Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine)

Currently on Episode 4 of 12

Might take a quick break after this episode to watch the newest, and last, episode of Kiznaiver and episode 11 of Flying Witch after episode 8.

As I mentioned in another thread, we watched the original Ghostbusters, inspired by the upcoming reboot.  It held up fairly well, although the effects were noticably bad by today's standards in several spots, there was some sexist stuff they couldn't get away with today, and it was quite jarring how much smoking there was.

The next day we went to see Finding Dory, which was great!  The new character Hank was amazing to watch, and I'll say no more so I won't spoil it for others who have yet to watch it.  The obligatory Pixar short beforehand, "Piper," was wonderfully lifelike.

Planning on getting Amazon Prime, which is apparently where the Doctor Who episodes Netflix used to have escaped to, so that may be next on my list.  Or maybe I'll just read a book instead. ;-)

On 7/9/2016 at 8:17 AM, partner555 said:

Ash's Greninja beating Wulfric's Mega Abomasnow up, down and sideways, but it finished with up.

Twitch plays pokemon again? ;)