• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

51 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

I wish Elliot would just use the darn alternate identities. They seem like they're going to waste.

While I get the reasoning for not using the identities, What I want to know is why he doesn't just use his "regular" girl mode spell as a disguise.

7 minutes ago, Scrapyard_Dragon said:

While I get the reasoning for not using the identities, What I want to know is why he doesn't just use his "regular" girl mode spell as a disguise.

He's stated before that he can either got from Cheerleadra to normal, or one of the secret ID's,  if he wanted to use a standard female morph, he'd have to go normal first.

8 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Goth Elliot has got to make an appearance – a real one, not just a cameo – at some point in a comic.

Ashley would love Goth Elliot, but I think he's right in thinking he shouldn't be in a mind altered state. While amusing for us, could be disastrous for Elliot.

16 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Elliot is forgetting he can break character if he wants.

He can, but he needs to actively break character, requiring focus and such. It doesn't take a lot of effort but it does require an effort. If he doesn't make that effort, the mind-affecting aspects can drive his actions, like when Mild-mannered Elliot would use mild, family-friendly cursing or Heidi would impulsively give Carol a kiss. The secret identities are very powerful and subtle magic that can change his thought processes, emotion, and personality, while leaving him with the knowledge that his thoughts are shifted and the ability to 'break character' if needed. Remember that when he was in his mild-mannered form, he was getting all flustered about Justin, even though he knew he had the capacity to break character.

Step 1: fly to ground.

Step 2: get in dark area

Step 3: crouch to ground, face to knees

Step 4: Morph to Elliot

Step 5: Morph to party girl-like non-mind-morphed girl

Step 6: Stand up and proceed normally

I'd expect Elliot could break character with the Mild Mannered form to get her to find where The Gang is at in a timely manner...

2 hours ago, Howitzer said:

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2188

I wish Elliot would just use the darn alternate identities. They seem like they're going to waste.

Quoted for truth.  We've seen this sort of reasoning before and it's just getting more annoying with repetition.  

Maybe he'll end up with other alternate ID's until he's happy with one?  That could get interesting...it's one thing for Elliot to like being a superheroine, but what happens if he starts to like being a normal girl with a slightly different personality?  Not to mention I'd love to see what other forms his spellbook would come up with while trying to find one he likes. :D

You guys do realize something is going to go down in the next page, right? I mean, an entire page focusing on the Cheerleadra landing and getting ready to transform into Elliot? I have a feeling we're going to find out what his spell does earlier than expected :3

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

He's stated before that he can either got from Cheerleadra to normal, or one of the secret ID's,  if he wanted to use a standard female morph, he'd have to go normal first.

Well he already decided that he would go normal anyway, so I don't see how this would be an issue.

47 minutes ago, Maplestrip said:

You guys do realize something is going to go down in the next page, right? I mean, an entire page focusing on the Cheerleadra landing and getting ready to transform into Elliot? I have a feeling we're going to find out what his spell does earlier than expected :3

... Oh, dear. Suddenly, I can't think of this as anything but ominous foreshadowing... thank you.

I absolutely love Diane's face in the fantasy panel. Now that I think of it, both Diane and Susan almost always manage to make me laugh due to their facial expressions alone.

We've already got 2 instances of Elliot foreshadowing, the first has already come true (Elliot introducing Ashley to Cheerleadra) and the second will likely happen in the next couple story arcs (things not being as simple as having Edward deal with the vampire issue and Diane), I've felt like this arc has been in wind-down mode since the spider vampire was killed, I'd rather not have something draw it out any longer. This arc is 12 pages from equaling the card tournament portion of Squirrel Prophet (20 pages if you include the Friday morning at school portion) which is funny because Dan promised this arc would be shorter:

An obvious joke, yes, but one I feel had to made. I guarantee the next storyline will be shorter. I know I'm a bad judge of such things, but it has SIGNIFICANTLY fewer subplots and will be way more focused.

Not criticizing though just found it funny. :P

1 hour ago, Aura Guardian said:

... Oh, dear. Suddenly, I can't think of this as anything but ominous foreshadowing... thank you.

I kinda realised immediately that with this setup, something was bound to happen.

All plot aside, panel 2 of Mophergirl crouching is possibly the coolest panel that Dan's drawn, and certainly my favorite in that action/noir style.

Story not aside, I am disappointed in lack of the alternate forms. I can understand Heidi not being called up, and Mild Mannered might not be appropriate, but frankly wandering around a dark apartment complex  talking about hunting vampires would be maybe the best possible scenario to introduce Goth form. I can't wait for Wednesday!

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, Scrapyard_Dragon said:

So what? It will STILL be safer than not transforming at all. Also, why don't he go to secret ID - the goth or party one - then go inside, then immediately before something can happen transform to normal?

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Goth Elliot has got to make an appearance – a real one, not just a cameo – at some point in a comic.

Ashley would love Goth Elliot, but I think he's right in thinking he shouldn't be in a mind altered state. While amusing for us, could be disastrous for Elliot.

Agree ... too many people around who have limited understanding of how secret identities works, which in this case is more dangerous than not knowing it's Elliot at all.

4 hours ago, Maplestrip said:

... either that or he will be spotted by someone unexpected.

BTW, regarding the lego combinations Dan talks about on twitter ... exponential might be optimistic estimate. I wouldn't rule out factorial (which is even bigger than exponential). Although proving it would be hard.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

BTW, regarding the lego combinations Dan talks about on twitter ... exponential might be optimistic estimate. I wouldn't rule out factorial (which is even bigger than exponential). Although proving it would be hard.

Exponential would be the ways you can stack a certain order of Legos on top of each other. Factorial would be the number of different orderings of those Legos. Got a feeling that the answer would be both of those multiplied together.

15 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Y=xx! Where X is the number of lego pieces?

That's considerably more than x!2x.

Wait. Someone was totally already solving this problem ... yup - seems it's just exponential after all.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wait. Someone totally already solved this problem ... yup - seems it's just exponential after all.

That calculation assumes that all the Lego bricks are the same piece (specifically, they're all 2x2x4).  In other words, that the order of them doesn't matter.

If you mix it up with different types of Lego bricks so the order DOES matter, that's when you get the factorial component added in. (Or multiplied in, rather.)

7 minutes ago, Howitzer said:
11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wait. Someone totally already solved this problem ... yup - seems it's just exponential after all.

That calculation assumes that all the Lego bricks are the same piece (specifically, they're all 2x2x4).  In other words, that the order of them doesn't matter.

If you mix it up with different types of Lego bricks so the order DOES matter, that's when you get the factorial component added in.

... just realized it myself. What's more, the 2x2x4 is pretty SIMPLE block. There are blocks which will complicate the structure much more - on the other hand, will it be asymptotically more?

7 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Elliot is forgetting he can break character if he wants.

Yeah I was like "...Elliot did you forget that you can break character from the personas those secret identities give you?" Then again he often forgets to read his spellbook for some reason. Is Nanase the ONLY one who keeps up with hers?

larger blocks, smaller blocks, hinge blocks, those blocks that have studs at an angle or on sideways, wing blocks and flat blocks can be propped up on their sides and wedged between studs, allowing other pieces to mount sideways or upsidedown, anything with a hole in it can have anything with a 'handle' stuck into it...