• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

Story comic for Weds, May 11, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2189

So Nanase is suspicious?  Hmm, wonder whether jealousy could also be a factor?  I suppose I'd suspect that more if it was Ellen who was jealous of her attention to Nanase, or if Ashley had been paying attention to Ellen instead of Nanase, but jealousy works in odd ways sometimes, and we know Nanase was unhappy when she kept getting sneaky spells.  Maybe Nanase wishes she were more like Ashley.

Nanase's either jealous, or paranoid. I guess she has a right to be paranoid given her fears earlier about Diane's safety were justified. But there's no freaking way Ashley is evil. Jealousy is an odd one for Nanase to have considering, but she has been shown to be attracted to Elliot's female forms.

It's probably more likely that she cares about Elliot enough to worry about his well being. Probably much like Grace feeling like it's too soon for him to be dating again.

Ya know how a lot of us figured somebody would see Elliot transforming and he would use his new spell? well looks like we were wrong.

Regardless I have a bad feeling that Ashley is going to have to do something super important later but Nanase isn't gonna let her do it out of mistrust. Those sort of things always seem to happen. The followup would likely be either something causing trust to appear, or Ashley will get revealed as some sort of super evil somethingorother.

8 minutes ago, Scrapyard_Dragon said:

Ya know how a lot of us figured somebody would see Elliot transforming and he would use his new spell? well looks like we were wrong.

Regardless I have a bad feeling that Ashley is going to have to do something super important later but Nanase isn't gonna let her do it out of mistrust. Those sort of things always seem to happen. The followup would likely be either something causing trust to appear, or Ashley will get revealed as some sort of super evil somethingorother.

Ashley will for sure save Nanase's life at some point. :D

Being a little on the fence regarding Ashley myself, I really understand Nanase here. She's certainly endearing and almost certainly a good person, but yeah, a little too nice. It's hard to relate to characters whose only flaw is a slight shyness in some situations. But I'm sure we'll learn more about her soon. In fact, it seems like Ashley, Diane, and maybe some others are well on their way to having the same status as the Main Eight in the story.

12 minutes ago, Scrapyard_Dragon said:

Regardless I have a bad feeling that Ashley is going to have to do something super important later but Nanase isn't gonna let her do it out of mistrust.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Ashley will for sure save Nanase's life at some point. :D

One of these seems very likely. Nanase's comment probably isn't there for nothing. Although it really would be one helluva twist if Ashley did turn out to be evil in some way.

I'm at least 90% sure that Ashley is just that nice, and that Nanase is being too suspicious... or jealous.

45 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

...because being a dork is always suspicious...

Please be careful about saying things like that. You might bring the DorkCops down on us.

24 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

Please be careful about saying things like that. You might bring the DorkCops down on us.

I can handle them.  I have an Awkward Button.

Nice B5 reference, too.  :)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

It's probably more likely that she cares about Elliot enough to worry about his well being. Probably much like Grace feeling like it's too soon for him to be dating again.

I don't think so. Grace really thinks about time. Nanase is suspicious of WHO he is dating.

58 minutes ago, Scrapyard_Dragon said:

We are not SURE noone saw him ... but yes, seems we were wrong.

46 minutes ago, liontari said:

Being a little on the fence regarding Ashley myself, I really understand Nanase here. She's certainly endearing and almost certainly a good person, but yeah, a little too nice. It's hard to relate to characters whose only flaw is a slight shyness in some situations.

She also don't like labels. And gets stuck in book shops. And there may be other stuff we don't know about her yet. Speaking about knowing, Nanase don't know about the labels and book shops either ... she may like Ashley more when she gets to know her.

... or after she tries to spy on her and finds NOTHING.

48 minutes ago, liontari said:

In fact, it seems like Ashley, Diane, and maybe some others are well on their way to having the same status as the Main Eight in the story.

Charlotte definitely. She knows too much already. Later maybe Sam and/or Luke.

49 minutes ago, liontari said:

One of these seems very likely. Nanase's comment probably isn't there for nothing.

According to commentary, Dan didn't planned that ... he also didn't planed Susan to be clean-freak. But while Susan being clean-freak can be kept in background, this will need to be resolved eventually, so ...

Just now, ProfessorTomoe said:

I'm voting for the misinterpreted jealousy angle.

I have a hard time seeing it as jealousy. What exactly is there to be jealous of? If anything it's just paranoia, justified or not.

5 minutes ago, Scrapyard_Dragon said:

I have a hard time seeing it as jealousy. What exactly is there to be jealous of? If anything it's just paranoia, justified or not.

Nanase may have some residual feelings for Elliot, despite her relationship with Ellen. This could be related to Elliot's girly transformations. Note that Nanase had to "think about baseball" when Elliot morphed into Cheerleadra Mark II.

19 minutes ago, Scrapyard_Dragon said:
21 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I'm voting for the misinterpreted jealousy angle.

Jealousy is a feeling. It doesn't need to be logical. Ashley, especially in relationship with Elliot, might seem to her like something she wanted to be and failed.

On the other hand, the paranoia is certainly there as well.

12 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:
20 minutes ago, Scrapyard_Dragon said:

Nanase may have some residual feelings for Elliot, despite her relationship with Ellen. This could be related to Elliot's girly transformations. Note that Nanase had to "think about baseball" when Elliot morphed into Cheerleadra Mark II.

Nanase was first who acknowledged Ellen as separate person ... but I wouldn't be so sure her feelings accepted it too. Every time Elliot transforms to girl (which is all the time) he reminds her Ellen.

Ashley's so cute, I would date her in a heartbeat.

Elliot's so cute, I would date him in a heartbeat, too.

Their exuberance is incredibly endearing, and I think it's great that Ellen has an immediate good impression of Ashley. I really like this comic!

Low level reactions taken care of, on to the nitty gritty. Ashley's hair in panel one might be functioning as a propeller, Ashley seems to be once again a marshmellow, I'm curious at how suddenly well light the complex is, and it seems that now that Ashley is caught up in it all, she is indeed being told all of the things.

Probably of a secret robot subplot is up there with Elliot's cat form ever being relevant again.

Another thing to consider is the fact that Ashley's whole "Don't feel obligated to tell me everything" has possibly thrown off Nanase who expected Ashley to be asking all sorts of questions. The only time Ashley asked a question about magic was when Nanase was trying to use the fairy doll spell again to go to Elliot and it was a legitimate question that she was able to help with. Maybe it's the fact that Ashley was able to suggest why the spell wasn't working that threw Nanase off, like how could someone just recently introduced to the world of magic figure out something that a person who supposedly reads their spellbook several times a week.

If you're talking about during Abraham's attack, I think that can be explained by the fact that transforming her hair wasn't actually enough to make new dolls. She could only make the two because one was linked to Ellen, and the other to Grace. Adrian's barriers were also meant to block all manner of entry either physically or magically, though Abraham obviously had some way of getting through.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Remember guys, Good-Tom exists. :)

True, but that doesn't mean Evil-Ashley doesn't exist. Evil-Ashley merely needs to be introduced at some point.