• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sweveham

Story Friday May 13, 2016

Diane seriously needs to learn Nerd is not a thing to be ashamed of, especially in this day and age.

D'aww, I think this would be Elliot and Ashley's first kiss as boy/girl.

Strange thing is, even though Sirleck is a detestable parasite, feel like that last panel makes me far more disgusted with this creature now more than ever. 

First panel, looks like Nanase's filled in Diane on the plan to talk to Edward about Susan. Doesn't seem like Diane will be there in person to hear anything though.

Third panel, Diane must have apologized about her outburst in the car on the way to the bell tower, and all has been forgiven.

Fifth panel, did Elliot already take Ashley home or are they still at Charlotte's apartment? I know Elliot doesn't have to worry about getting Ellen home because Diane brought her and Nanase out and can taken them back, but I kinda expected a bit more interaction before they went their separate ways for the night. Still, awwwwww. :)

Panels 2,4 and 6, I don't think Sirleck's going to find the most important bit of info in that background check, Magus would be the only to ask before Sirleck acted on anything, and if he doesn't, I'm sure Pandora will make it known at some point.

3 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I believe this installment makes it clear that Sirleck wasn't aware of Raven prior to Voltaire's phone call.

I don't think Sirleck has left Chicago since he took that host so he likely doesn't know the residents of Moperville.

Hmm. Researching him to find out what he's done... IIRC, there was some discussion of maybe Sirleck wants to take over Mr. Raven instead of Magus... I find myself very afraid that those theories are right.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

First panel, looks like Nanase's filled in Diane on the plan to talk to Edward about Susan. Doesn't seem like Diane will be there in person to hear anything though.

Well, might not be safe to show her where Tedd lives.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Third panel, Diane must have apologized about her outburst in the car on the way to the bell tower, and all has been forgiven.

I think THIS is her attempt to apologize. But in this case it's the though that counts.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Fifth panel, did Elliot already take Ashley home or are they still at Charlotte's apartment?

I think they are still IN FRONT OF Charlotte's apartment but don't care.

2 hours ago, ChaosSepher said:

... hmmm, likely yes.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Panels 2,4 and 6, I don't think Sirleck's going to find the most important bit of info in that background check, Magus would be the only to ask before Sirleck acted on anything, and if he doesn't, I'm sure Pandora will make it known at some point.

I don't think Raven is that bad in hiding what he is. More like he don't really care, because authorities (DGB) know anyway.

Panels 1, 3, 5: I kind of agree with Diane that what Edward Verres can find out may be a bit disturbing. I am amused by Charlotte's reaction to Diane's apparent apology, and Awwww! <3 And yeah, I'm pretty sure that's their first kiss as boy/girl (nothing wrong with this, of course).

Panels 2, 4, 6:  *blink-blink* Just what database is Sirleck accessing right now? O_o Basic Google, or something more government-involved? Also, panel 6 really drives home the spider-vampire's mention of "giving up empathy," doesn't it? >_>

25 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think Raven is that bad in hiding what he is. More like he don't really care, because authorities (DGB) know anyway.

I'm not entirely sure that DGB know's who Adrian's mother is, I mean they know he's half Immortal, but they probably don't know Pandora is his mother. If Edward knew the creepy girl in the forest was Pandora, he'd have gone to Adrian right away asking if he'd know anything despite the fact that the two of them aren't on good terms.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

I'm not entirely sure that DGB know's who Adrian's mother is, I mean they know he's half Immortal, but they probably don't know Pandora is his mother. If Edward knew the creepy girl in the forest was Pandora, he'd have gone to Adrian right away asking if he'd know anything despite the fact that the two of them aren't on good terms.

Think in terms of what makes for a good comic.

"Your mother was sighted in this forest over here. {Recap.} Do you have any idea what she's up to?"

"I haven't talked to her in over 80 years. Sorry, no, I can't help you. If she does show up I'll let you know, but don't hold your breath."

... no, even if it's true, it wouldn't show up in the comic.

2 hours ago, weirdee said:

I think grandpa monster here is gonna bite off a bit more than he can chew if he thinks he can brainjack a halfimmortal

I doubt he'll try: To my understanding, Sirleck has preference for people with few attachments and little past history. Which makes sense as such things make it harder for others to ping to the fact that somethings different.

I'm guessing that Raven is too well known for that. This strikes me as him surveying a potential threat: Raven has a much broader authority to act when Magic is involved and the brain-jacking vampire likely counts.

47 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

Panels 2, 4, 6:  *blink-blink* Just what database is Sirleck accessing right now? O_o Basic Google, or something more government-involved? Also, panel 6 really drives home the spider-vampire's mention of "giving up empathy," doesn't it? >_>

Aye. Personally I'm aghast. Really, the greatest part of living 500 years is to see the effect you have on the world as the years turn.

2 hours ago, ChaosSepher said:

Diane seriously needs to learn Nerd is not a thing to be ashamed of, especially in this day and age.

Strange thing is, even though Sirleck is a detestable parasite, feel like that last panel makes me far more disgusted with this creature now more than ever. 

That's because he's deriding charitable work. It shows that people really do become the worst of the worst when they become an abberation. No person with any amount of empathy could possibly deride charity in terms of the concept, though some may question the effectiveness of specific acts.

21 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

"Your mother was sighted in this forest over here. {Recap.} Do you have any idea what she's up to?"

"I haven't talked to her in over 80 years. Sorry, no, I can't help you. If she does show up I'll let you know, but don't hold your breath."

Actually, last we saw they met, Adrian said they hadn't met in 13 years.

57 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

Panels 1, 3, 5: I kind of agree with Diane that what Edward Verres can find out may be a bit disturbing.

Yes, it's definitely disturbing.

I'm pretty sure that's their first kiss as boy/girl (nothing wrong with this, of course).

Well, it totally happened too late, but better late than never :)

Panels 2, 4, 6:  *blink-blink* Just what database is Sirleck accessing right now? O_o Basic Google, or something more government-involved?

I think it's Google, then official web of the school. Hmmmm .... no Adrian Raven, but there is Arthur there - although not Arthur but Arthur Albright ...

25 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
29 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Actually, I think that this information would be shown ... but note that Pandora didn't exactly introduced herself, did she? So, even if they would know Adrian's mother name is Pandora (which might not even be same name she used 14 years ago), they wouldn't know it's the creepy girl.

(I also wanted to note that neither Edward nor Arthur talked with Raven for years, but that doesn't completely rule out someone else talking with him.)

Immortals are very diverse when it comes to their personalities and they all should accept it and leave it at that.

Wait, how would... Ooh, Q&A!! Been so long, huh? :demonicduck:

7 hours ago, The Phoenixian said:

I doubt he'll try: To my understanding, Sirleck has preference for people with few attachments and little past history. Which makes sense as such things make it harder for others to ping to the fact that somethings different.

I'm guessing that Raven is too well known for that. This strikes me as him surveying a potential threat: Raven has a much broader authority to act when Magic is involved and the brain-jacking vampire likely counts.

In that context, I guess the plan makes more sense: have the old, rich, significantly smarter aberration go after one of the larger threats to the sinister plot to cover for the dumber, less calculating aberrations that would be easily taken out once Raven is aware of them.

Raven is entirely comfortable with that gun of his, and his school lock down seemed quite practiced - I imagine that he's had a few adventures as a vampire hunter. 

Aberrations are weak to magic weapons. I wonder if Mophergirl counts as a magic weapon for purposes of overcoming their resistance? For that matter, would Ellen's beams be extraordinarily effective? Andrea and tara's talons seemed to do the job, but the griffin gals were powerful in their own right. 

Either way, I'm giving good odds to both Justin and Noah showing up next arc. 

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sirleck actually believes what he finds when searching for personal information on the internet?
Maybe he isn't as smart as we feared.

If it's Raven's profile on a school website, it could be considered largely reliable.

12 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, I think that this information would be shown ... but note that Pandora didn't exactly introduced herself, did she? So, even if they would know Adrian's mother name is Pandora (which might not even be same name she used 14 years ago), they wouldn't know it's the creepy girl.

(I also wanted to note that neither Edward nor Arthur talked with Raven for years, but that doesn't completely rule out someone else talking with him.)

Hmm, actually now that I think about it, it is strange that Adrian didn't bother to warn Edward about his mother planning to destroy the world, and yet he called Edward asking for help with the giant boar? I imagine Adrian would probably want to have more information himself about what exactly Pandora is trying to do, but giving Edward a heads up about her potentially causing trouble would go a long way.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Just because Adrian did not call Edward, does not prove he didn't pass word to someone else in the organization..

If Adrian tried to pass information to Arthur, and was brushed aside, that might have convinced him that going to "the proper authorities" would not accomplish anything and let the matter drop.  This could be part of the reason why he contacted Edward directly regarding the boar.

13 hours ago, Duke of Pretzels said:

Aberrations are weak to magic weapons. I wonder if Mophergirl counts as a magic weapon for purposes of overcoming their resistance? For that matter, would Ellen's beams be extraordinarily effective? Andrea and tara's talons seemed to do the job, but the griffin gals were powerful in their own right. 

Cheerleadra MIGHT count as magical, Guardian forms even more likely so, but I would leave all vampire killing for the ones who are best equipped for that: Susan and Diane. Ellen specially would be pretty badly equipped for it, unless she repeats the Guardian copy.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Hmm, actually now that I think about it, it is strange that Adrian didn't bother to warn Edward about his mother planning to destroy the world, and yet he called Edward asking for help with the giant boar? I imagine Adrian would probably want to have more information himself about what exactly Pandora is trying to do, but giving Edward a heads up about her potentially causing trouble would go a long way.

He was actually OFFERING help with the giant boar. And it was specific danger. He don't really have anything specific to say about what his mother plans to do, and most PRACTICAL informations he knows DGB already knows ... he may assume that there is no need for another non-specific warning after Pandora appeared ON LIVE TV.

Hmmm ... actually, only weird thing is that he didn't tried to tell him about marking people without consent despite not knowing Grace told Edward. I mean, I ASSUME that she told Edward and give him the pendant, but she wasn't specific when talking to Noah and Raven obviously didn't know she lives with Tedd before, so ...

... but after he realized she meant Edward when talking about "someone who might be able ...", he might easily assume there is nothing he can add to it.

1 hour ago, Sargon said:

Oh, yes, Sirleck, attack the son of an Immortal, there is no way this will end with a horribly cruel punishment beyond your scariest nightmares...

Well, it likely wouldn't. I predict it will end with him simply dead. I mean, Adrian will kill him quickly. Pandora MIGHT have other idea if he would actually DEFEAT Adrian of course ...

5 hours ago, Sargon said:

Oh, yes, Sirleck, attack the son of an Immortal, there is no way this will end with a horribly cruel punishment beyond your scariest nightmares...

I have no mouth

and I must

scream.

To be fair, Colonel Sanders specifically set Sirleck up to believe that Raven was the son of either Demetrius or Helena -- two young and improperly-reborn Immortals. He might consider them a manageable risk.

Pandora, of course, is many things. But a 'manageable risk' is not one of them.