• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

NP: Monday, March 7, 2016

Maybe I'm missing something, but with the naming structure mentioned in the previous comic I'm not seeing an issue with calling this MV-F. From the prior strip we have MV-E for Male Variant - Equal. So having a Male Variant - Feminine doesn't seem like a problem to me.

I'm not sure it'd go that far, I think those, while they might show a big difference when used on males, might not change a lot when used on females, at least above the shoulders. Like the MV2 and 4 examples look rather androgynous as is, but then it is using Susan as an example so those variants would likely have different results on a male. The feminine male variants would likely take whatever effect it'd have on females and apply it to males. Like if instead of Justin getting Elliot length hair for MV2, he'd get Susan length hair in M-FV2

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Waaait ... are they actually going to make form which makes woman look MORE feminine YET male? I think this will be worse than Tedd.

Maybe they should test it on Tedd. ;p

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Elliot, if he's still dealing with energy buildups, could use an FV-M form. Make himself female but look exactly the same in pants.

Unfortunately, Elliot is not Seyunolu and doesn't get new forms from TF gun, so designing some wouldn't help him. He would need to get such form as new spell, and he's not likely to.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Unfortunately, Elliot is not Seyunolu and doesn't get new forms from TF gun, so designing some wouldn't help him. He would need to get such form as new spell, and he's not likely to.

I think he could do it with his existing "any woman he can imagine" spell - he just needs the possibility pointed out to him, followed by maybe practicing it enough that he can easily get it right.

28 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

I think he could do it with his existing "any woman he can imagine" spell - he just needs the possibility pointed out to him, followed by maybe practicing it enough that he can easily get it right.

Enter the Disco Wizard: Now that's just cheating! Well lets see you deal with this...

And suddenly Elliot develops some new side effect. I can't imagine anything suitable, but I'm sure the Disco Wizard has a lot of experience trolling lazy magic users who tries to play the rules.

1 hour ago, Cpt. Obvious said:
2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Enter the Disco Wizard: Now that's just cheating! Well lets see you deal with this...

And suddenly Elliot develops some new side effect. I can't imagine anything suitable, but I'm sure the Disco Wizard has a lot of experience trolling lazy magic users who tries to play the rules.

Disco Wizard is heavily implied to be just a messenger for Magic itself, he doesn't make the rules or anything like that.

6 minutes ago, Matoyak said:

Disco Wizard is heavily implied to be just a messenger for Magic itself, he doesn't make the rules or anything like that.

Every single one is a messenger.

Of course, "do not shoot the messenger" lives on.

I am so conflicted with FM-Tensaided right now.

6 hours ago, Matoyak said:

OK. I read him as not being an actual person at all, just a manifestation in an image that met Grace's expectations of what an important messenger for Magic would look like. As magic doesn't really have a shape or form, and even less an actual physical presence I used the manifestation as it is the one image we've seen that comes the closest to represent Magic. Note that the only thing that implies that Magic might have any kind of personality as we know it is the claim that it prefers high drama, which doesn't really means there is any kind of intelligence involved.

Besides, that wasn't meant to be taken seriously, I just found the idea of the Disco Wizard trolling Elliot funny. It's a lot harder to make a joke about Magic trolling Elliot, as we don't have a face to focus on. Actually we don't know anything about how, or even if, Magic actually has anything we would recognize as thoughts...

9 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

OK. I read him as not being an actual person at all, just a manifestation in an image that met Grace's expectations of what an important messenger for Magic would look like. As magic doesn't really have a shape or form, and even less an actual physical presence I used the manifestation as it is the one image we've seen that comes the closest to represent Magic. Note that the only thing that implies that Magic might have any kind of personality as we know it is the claim that it prefers high drama, which doesn't really means there is any kind of intelligence involved.

Besides, that wasn't meant to be taken seriously, I just found the idea of the Disco Wizard trolling Elliot funny. It's a lot harder to make a joke about Magic trolling Elliot, as we don't have a face to focus on. Actually we don't know anything about how, or even if, Magic actually has anything we would recognize as thoughts...

Things like I'm only able to remember all the details of the message while using this means to contact you and I assume that's why suggests that he IS separate being having other life besides being magic emissary.