• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

There's enough information to piece together a rough idea of what Writer's Block was hired to do, how Celebrity Guest star wound up getting murdered, how the bartender tried to frame the dame, the bartender's motive, and what clues proved it was actually him.

The original case couldn't be killing the Celebrity Guest Star ... and there was that map ... was the Falcon originally hidden under the X but missing? Wait, what was in the package for mayor? The Falcon again? ... I think there isn't enough information.

I think there never was a case. the details were never written down because Writers Block prevented Dan from getting more than a vague idea... so he just drew the vague idea without most of the, normally necessary, coherent details and hoped we wouldn't notice. Block is the true villain.

Lipstick?!? *laughs* Then again, everybody is a suspect so trust no one. 

Even though the chief of police broke the fourth wall, still.

Very short storyline. This might have been the job of (actual) Writer's Block!

Alright, here's my take. 

A rich falconer died, splitting his will between the dame and the celebrity guest star. However, he left a cache of undeclared valuables on his old stomping grounds and the falconer's  falcon is the only one with the location. The dame complains about her perceived plight in the bar before hiring detective block to find the buried bullion, and the bartender kills celebrity guest star to steal the falcon and therefore the loot. 

Plausible? 

13 minutes ago, Duke of Pretzels said:

Alright, here's my take. 

A rich falconer died, splitting his will between the dame and the celebrity guest star. However, he left a cache of undeclared valuables on his old stomping grounds and the falconer's  falcon is the only one with the location. The dame complains about her perceived plight in the bar before hiring detective block to find the buried bullion, and the bartender kills celebrity guest star to steal the falcon and therefore the loot. 

Plausible?

It was actually the block himself who said it to bartender. Otherwise, yes.

Don't you see?  The Bartender was delusional and did the cover up even though he didn't actually commit the crime.  This is all a prelude to the sequel where Detective Block gets the bartender out of prison and together they uncover the real culprit.  Berkeley Breathed.

The bartender's character design is so similar to everyone's least favourite immortal, Voltaire, that it should have been a clear warning as to his true nature. Not that I figured it out in advance.

13 minutes ago, Sweveham said:

The bartender's character design is so similar to everyone's least favourite immortal, Voltaire, that it should have been a clear warning as to his true nature. Not that I figured it out in advance.

I didn't pick that up! The difference in hair colour threw me of!

On May 14, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Duke of Pretzels said:

Alright, here's my take. 

Plausible? 

Block was hired to find a guy who had a map leading to the secret hiding spot of the Maltese Falcon, although his client didn't tell him that of course because that wouldn't be mysterious.  But before he found the guy, said guy died.  The milkman who found the body searched around and also found the map and used it to find the falcon.  He stonewalled Block but the bartender, who found the milkman immediately afterward wasn't taking "no" for an answer.  He killed Celebrity Guest Star, the milk man and ineptly tried to frame the Dame, leading the police to conclude the murderer was a "man" who wore lipstick.