• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

10 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I have a cold.  At least, I hope it's just a cold.  Several people at work have had a cold recently, but one receptionist also had the fever and body aches that make me think flu instead of cold.

My sister had a kidney transplant, so she's vulnerable to infection, and I worry about exposing her if it's a flu.

There's also snow sceduled for this weekend, when I'm supposed to be driving down to visit my family.  I'm starting to wonder if someone's trying to tell me something....

I sympathize I've been fight something upper respiratory for a bit and people have been avoiding me like I have the plague though I don't blame them, don't wanna get them sick, and just kinda wanna be left alone.

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

ETA: Huh.  A line of text I did a cut-and-paste on while composing the post is showing up with a white background instead of lavendar, making it appear highlighted in the post and invisible in edit mode.

Well, this would be why it's showing like that, in terms of HTML/CSS...

As for why it might have gone like that: notice that the lavender in the current (unshimmed) GUI is not an inline style.  Presumably the editor script or something assumed the automatic non-overriden background to be white, when trying to copy/paste with formatting?  Of note, it specifies the font size for that line inline also.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

No saké here.  But bad sushi can have similar effects.

I made sushi once that used about 25% sake in the vinegar water mix you add to the rice.  Quite tasty.

Being lectured on things kinky.  Granted in a forum where I haven't given my history on the subject, but still annoying.  That and people not only not reading the comments before theirs but not even reading the who's who for that page.

Grunt, snarl, snap, etc.

34 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I hope I'm not a part of that particular annoyance.

My expertise on kinks does not extend beyond the garden hose.

People who aren't kinky don't bother me.  It's being talked down to by people that are about details.

My post here was actually two posts, the second being a continuation of an older post.

I really should just let things on the Grrl Power forum go, it seems to have a very different culture than here.

I've rejoined Facebook.
I haven't had a hard crash of Firefox, complete with the error reporter kicking on in several months.  About the time I've been off Facebook.  10 minutes on face book and boom  Firefox crashes.  I call that a sign. 

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

I've rejoined Facebook.
I haven't had a hard crash of Firefox, complete with the error reporter kicking on in several months.  About the time I've been off Facebook.  10 minutes on face book and boom  Firefox crashes.  I call that a sign. 

I consider Facebook to be a wretched hive of viruses and malware. My parents use Facebook all the time and are constantly complaining about their computers being slow and every time I do virus scans on them, there's always infected files found. I don't use Facebook and whenever I scan my computer, it comes up clean.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I consider Facebook to be a wretched hive of viruses and malware.

While OS X isn't 100% virus free, it is to close approximation.  Add in the fact that I don't go any where on the net with out uBlocker running, I'm fairly sure that's not the issue.  What is the issue is the jscript on Facebook and the massive number of off site elements it sucks in.

I had plotted to do even less than normal today.  Not feel guilty about laying under warm covers and not doing squat.

That was before they started working on the roof.  At least it's only work noises, mainly hammers with a rare power saw, no "music" going on.  However, even on the ground floor in a two story apartment box some one hammering on the roof isn't pleasant.  I really feel sorry for the people upstairs.  Even if they do make a lot of trips up and down the stairwell around 11:00 at night.

[edit]

I think they just finished my roof.  Heard what sounded like a foreman saying "lunch after we finish this one", a few more minutes of bang-bang and now it's quiet.  Going to fall back on plan A for the day.  In theory I'm doing research, but I suspect I'll fall back asleep...

Adobe means dried mud.

A full, registered copy of Adobe Acrobat, not just the reader, does not seem to have a way of deleting a page from a PDF.  So I am converting the PDF to a .docx file.  I think I'll take a nap while that goes on.  The PDF is almost 6000 pages long and it's making my machine run as slow as a slow thing.

[Edit Primas]
What does "Preformating page recognition" mean?

[Edit Secundus]
Now doing "Preprocessing File for export"

[Edit:General note]
Why does it bother me that the first word in each of the status methods isn't in the Firefox dictionary?

[Edit:General Note #2]
This is really making me reconsider this plan.  This is the first of 3 big arsed files I need to tweak.  Need to go looking at other PDF editors for OS X.  I've got a command line tool that will split in to individual pages, but with 6000 pages to deal with I'd rather be able to see what I'm doing vs looking at the starting pdf to get page numbers.

[Edit Tertius]
Disregard all above.  Found the delete page option.  Of course Google shows the Windows way of doing it, but it did give me enough bread crumbs to find the OS X way of doing it.  Still not real fast.

Non liturgical Christians arguing that Christmas is just a one day event and the 12 days is a pagan thing.  My eye literally twitched when I read that as a reply to my yearly Christmastide Social Media Rant. (™ J. Michael Looney)

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Non liturgical Christians arguing that Christmas is just a one day event and the 12 days is a pagan thing.  My eye literally twitched when I read that as a reply to my yearly Christmastide Social Media Rant. (™ J. Michael Looney)

As an evangelical Agnostic, I resent it when someone not in my own splinter faith informs me that I am doing my own interpretation wrong. So you have my complete understanding as well as my sympathies and my cooperative annoyance.