• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Just now, mlooney said:

About 10 years of so I was legit unemployed1 and the state of Oklahoma had me attend a "new to the workforce" training session.  When the first question was "have any of you had a job other than fast food or at a gas station" the "teacher" didn't know how to handle the 3 of us (out of 30 some odd) that raised our hands.  He let us go after an hour or so, but still pain in the butt.

This seminar isn't so much for people just getting into careers and such, but more of a "We need to check that people who are collecting EI are actually looking for a job" because the notice that I got also had a form to fill out with places that I've applied to and whether or not I've been offered anything. I haven't been applying for other jobs because I'm expecting things to pick up at my current job soon. Now that it's Spring, I'll be getting into the landscaping at the hotel shortly and I'll be getting more hours in.

While it might feel like MacDinking, making sure that all your '&' marks are in nice vertical line in LaTeX document's tabular environment will prevent you from screaming at your poor little laptop.  Both the Fox and the Civets1 give me a bad look when I do that.

1Wall papers for the laptop screen and the external monitor, respectably.

I have to worst kind of writers block.  I have a ton of things that need to go in this section but I am at a loss as to how to start.  I am thinking that a cup of tea and just start putting stuff down in the now empty file ena.tex in the way to go.  Still am less than gruntled at my brain right now.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I am thinking that a cup of tea

Make that Yet Another Cuppa Tea.  Or in geek speak YACT.

Writers block partially removed, but I need to go through both my class files and monster files to decide which ones I am really going to use and mark them as to what type of Extra Natural Activity they are.

Still less than gruntled by my brain right now.   Also need to eat something.

@ProfessorTomoe is allowed, no even encouraged, to point and laugh at me.

I have a tickle in the back of my throat that is my normal warning of a sore throat coming on.  I'm going to take a dose of NyQuil and go to bed.  Knowing what the Q does to me, I expect to wake up around 10 AM.

47 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I would never do such a thing. Misery does not love company.

48 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I have a tickle in the back of my throat that is my normal warning of a sore throat coming on.  I'm going to take a dose of NyQuil and go to bed.  Knowing what the Q does to me, I expect to wake up around 10 AM.

Take care of yourself. Cream of mushroom soup with garlic comes recommended, with the caveat that Mrs. Prof did not like it.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Take care of yourself. Cream of mushroom soup with garlic comes recommended, with the caveat that Mrs. Prof did not like it.

Obviously it didn't have enough garlic. ;)

I like garlic.

7 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Noted for next meal.

13 hours ago, mlooney said:

Heh.  I've avoided complaining about the cold I've had for the last several days, especially the annoying tickle/scratchiness that hits when I talk too long, or go too long between drinks of water, or sleep with my mouth open (which I have to do to breathe).  I get that feeling, I have a couple of seconds to grab a paper towel, tissue, or jacket lapel to cover my mouth with before a strong cough or three hits.  That, and a persistent sniffle are really getting annoying, but when I think about what my friends here go through, it doesn't seem so bad.

I think the part I find most annoying is actually the breathing through my mouth while asleep, because it means I wake up with my mouth paper-dry several times a night.  >:P

58 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Heh.  I've avoided complaining about the cold I've had for the last several days, especially the annoying tickle/scratchiness that hits when I talk too long, or go too long between drinks of water, or sleep with my mouth open (which I have to do to breathe).  I get that feeling, I have a couple of seconds to grab a paper towel, tissue, or jacket lapel to cover my mouth with before a strong cough or three hits.  That, and a persistent sniffle are really getting annoying, but when I think about what my friends here go through, it doesn't seem so bad.

I think the part I find most annoying is actually the breathing through my mouth while asleep, because it means I wake up with my mouth paper-dry several times a night.  >:P

Yeah I just went through a sinus cold that started with a slight scratchiness in the throat a week ago but went up into the nose and stayed there for a couple days. Was taking Tylenol Cold & Sinus during the roughest part and still woke up in the middle of the night with the dry mouth and sinuses feeling like someone shoved a nail into them. By Monday, the pain was gone but my nose still wants to fill up with guck that's still annoying despite being easy to clear without feeling like you're going to pop your eyes out of their sockets.

On 4/7/2017 at 10:16 AM, mlooney said:

I have to worst kind of writers block.  I have a ton of things that need to go in this section but I am at a loss as to how to start.

I am two and a half years behind in updating my Powers story. I wish I had your kind of writer's block. 

On 4/7/2017 at 8:16 AM, mlooney said:

I have to worst kind of writers block.  I have a ton of things that need to go in this section but I am at a loss as to how to start.

Isn't "so many ideas that you can't make order out of the chaos" pretty much the definition of Writer's Sphere?

14 hours ago, Zorua said:

I am two and a half years behind in updating my Powers story. I wish I had your kind of writer's block. 

If you have a major tendency towards a panic and avoid if confronted by too much stuff it is a bit of a problem.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Isn't "so many ideas that you can't make order out of the chaos" pretty much the definition of Writer's Sphere?

Yes, that would be the case.

I'm having trouble making a choice on which path to take, so I'm going to ask, with out explaining what they mean.

Old school or New school?

Reskin or Whole cloth?

The are doing - something - out side that needs loud motors and kicks up a lot of dust.  There seems to be something in the dust here that I get stuffed up from.  Taken a pair of pseudoephedrine and am waiting on them to kick in.  I am less than fully gruntled.

57 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The are doing - something - out side that needs loud motors and kicks up a lot of dust.

The good news is they have stopped doing that.  The bad news is that the reason why is a thunderstorm.  I'm now waiting on the power flicker and for Cox "Stability, what the hell is that" local hub to freak out and die.

30 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The bad news is that the reason why is a thunderstorm

And another tree or the river it's self took a lightning strike.  Flash to bang time of under 1 second.  The fact I noticed a strike to the west of me light flash when I don't have a west facing window says something about range.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

And another tree or the river it's self took a lightning strike.  Flash to bang time of under 1 second.  The fact I noticed a strike to the west of me light flash when I don't have a west facing window says something about range.

I imagine you had very good training on situational awareness in the military, needing to know where any sound is coming from seems like an important skill to have.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

You better keep a sharp eye on that dishwasher. Maybe it is trying for elder gods that can call thunderstorms.

Uploading 15G to a secure server in New Zealand takes more time than I want it to.  I'm not looking forward to what DropBox does with those new files.

#geekproblems.