• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

On 5/19/2017 at 4:26 PM, mlooney said:

I just looked it up.  It's a violation of my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th amendments rights to play as an Alpha clone Minmatar.

3rd? It involves quartering soldiers in your home?

12 hours ago, ijuin said:

3rd? It involves quartering soldiers in your home?

Well, it is a military member I'm playing as, and I am at home, so yeah.  Unlike a lot of video games, things go on with your character when you are not online.  So a member of a military doing things in my apartment even when I am asleep or out of the apartment?  That sounds like quartering soldiers to me.

23 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If you must quarter the soldiers, may you also draw the soldiers?

Nope, not in the BoR, and it's sorta down on that sort of thing anyway.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

In the more amusing aspect, it is now no longer illegal to practice witchcraft and sorcery. :)

Oh great, now the Death Eaters will form perfectly legal chapters up there and Voldemort will take over the world with an army of Quebecoise. Thanks, Canada.

1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:

Oh great, now the Death Eaters will form perfectly legal chapters up there and Voldemort will take over the world with an army of Quebecoise. Thanks, Canada.

Quebec's been known to do it's own thing for ages now, for the rest of Canada the worst that can happen would be a bunch of accidental transformations followed by profuse apologies.

Quebec's been known to do it's own thing for ages now, for the rest of Canada the worst that can happen would be a bunch of accidental transformations followed by profuse apologies.

You ever have problems with accidental Transformers? I mean, they didn't used to be so bad but ever since Michael Bay got involved with them you don't see them around without tons of insane explosions accompanying them.

9 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

You ever have problems with accidental Transformers? I mean, they didn't used to be so bad but ever since Michael Bay got involved with them you don't see them around without tons of insane explosions accompanying them.

I think of Transformers, I still hear them voiced by Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Christopher Collins, et al (plus Eric Idle, Leonard Nimoy, and Orson Wells), with a soundtrack featuring Spectre General and Stan Bush.  :-)

Yes, YouTube. I understand that you make money by ad revenue. Yes, I understand that the new Planet of the Apes movie is coming up. Yes, I understand that 15-second videos there's no point to being able to skip them since they're so short. No, I don't want to watch the exact same unskippable commercial for LITERALLY EVERY VIDEO I WATCH!

15 minutes ago, Zorua said:

Yes, YouTube. I understand that you make money by ad revenue. Yes, I understand that the new Planet of the Apes movie is coming up. Yes, I understand that 15-second videos there's no point to being able to skip them since they're so short. No, I don't want to watch the exact same unskippable commercial for LITERALLY EVERY VIDEO I WATCH!

This is why I am grateful for the Mute button on my keyboard. At least I can shield my sanity from repetition of the same inane jingles, screams, howls and cries.

20 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Can I get a mute button for the rest of reality?

Surely. Just stick an obelisk in each ear and you're set. Or maybe Set. I might have read The Book of Coming Forth by Day wrong.

17 hours ago, Zorua said:

YouTube has ads?  Never noticed.  

Word of advice: If you need to buy a vacuum cleaner, don't buy the Dirt Devil Power Max Pet. The belt comes off alarmingly frequently.

6 hours ago, Zorua said:

Word of advice: If you need to buy a vacuum cleaner, don't buy the Dirt Devil Power Max Pet. The belt comes off alarmingly frequently.

I think we have one of those as well, though after our cat died we didn't use it as much and because our apartment has mainly hardwood, vinyl or ceramic tile floors the powerhead doesn't get used much either, there's just 1 bedroom that's carpeted and an area rug plus a couple floor matts. Oddly enough this past Saturday the motor burned out for the powerhead when Dad was going over the area rug with it so it's getting repaired.

going over the area rug

Area Rug always seemed like an odd name.  After all, every rug has length and width.  And anything with length and width has area.  Whoever was setting up the standard adjectives for Rugs really seems rather lazy in retrospect.  We already have Persian rugs?  Why not name other rugs for Empires, with the Empire's name indicating the relative size and durability of the floor covering as well as where it should be used.

You need something on the floor that's really big but won't last long?  Get a Napoleonic Rug.

Something for sandy area?  Buy a Mali.

A huge carpet that will last for quite a while, then splits in two?  One side crumbles quickly and the other side endures longer, but shrinks and fades to irrelevance?  That's a Roman.

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Area Rug always seemed like an odd name.  After all, every rug has length and width.  And anything with length and width has area.  Whoever was setting up the standard adjectives for Rugs really seems rather lazy in retrospect.  We already have Persian rugs?  Why not name other rugs for Empires, with the Empire's name indicating the relative size and durability of the floor covering as well as where it should be used.

You need something on the floor that's really big but won't last long?  Get a Napoleonic Rug.

Something for sandy area?  Buy a Mali.

A huge carpet that will last for quite a while, then splits in two?  One side crumbles quickly and the other side endures longer, but shrinks and fades to irrelevance?  That's a Roman.

Soooo, we should get something Chinese then if we want it to last a long time?

Just now, Scotty said:

we should get something Chinese then if we want it to last a long time?

That's a tough call.  The overall culture lasted a long time.  But the individual empires and dynasties lasted no longer than their European counterparts.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That's a tough call.  The overall culture lasted a long time.  But the individual empires and dynasties lasted no longer than their European counterparts.

True.

Microsoft. Literally no sooner did I get my music system active and updated after several months of downtime than it decided to a] put updates on my machine in the background, b] prep my system for the Creators Update, and c] offer the Creators Update to me. For a musician, item c] is an annoying thing, since we have to deal with copy protection and machine-based authorization. The Creators Update changes certain machine codes–just enough to make some of my more useful plugins think that they've been moved to a different machine, according to reports I've seen on the programs' forums on Facebook. There are supposedly fixes to these issues, but I'd rather have a backup of my working, updated system as it is now before giving in to the Dark Side.

So, once again, for the second time this week, out comes the 8 TB external HD and the latest copy of Clonezilla. I'm backing up all four internal drives (two 1 TB SSDs, two 2 TB HDDs) to images on the external drive. The 8 TB was a good investment, or so it seems so far. Backup #1 took up just a tad over 1 TB thanks to Parallel GZIP compression, and it did it quickly thanks to a fast Haswell processor and 32 GB of DDR4 RAM.

Once I'm done, and once G.DATA finishes its scan, then have at thee, Creators Update! Do your worst. I'll be backed up and ready to take you on.

Breaking Tablets.  At least this time I didn't step on it.  RCA makes great tablets, other than their glass is way to easy to break.