• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Kansas Natural Gas is a "OneOk" company, which means it's Oklahoma Natural Gas in a not very good plastic disguise.  Same not really functional web page, same messes up tele-tree, same messed up IVR.  I feel nothing but possible pain coming from this.  At least they applied my ONG deposit to my "new" KNG account, even though I should have gotten that deposit back several months ago.  I've been off ONG for about 18 months now.

I have what I hope to all things lawful good is "just" a kidney stone.  Stabbing pain right above my left kidney.  Feels like some stones do, but not quite the same and not in the same spot as most.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have what I hope to all things lawful good is "just" a kidney stone.  Stabbing pain right above my left kidney.  Feels like some stones do, but not quite the same and not in the same spot as most.

It's a stone. It's moving and it [redacted] hurts.

11 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I'm very sorry to hear about it, and hope that it passes quickly and with as little pain as possible.

10 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

SECONDED

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Thirded. I am sorry you have to deal with so much of this. :(

I thank all of you.   I've been slacking on my "drink more fluids than normal people do" thing this last few weeks, and I suspect this is a reminder that water and other drinks are, in fact, a required drug for me.

It's still here but is now following normal patterns, which if I'm lucky means I have a painful piss coming in 4-6 hours, followed by, assuming normal patterns, at least a week of no lower back pain.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:
10 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have a painful piss coming in 4-6 hours,

Right on time.

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I envy you not, good sir. I hope it was productive.

It was.  Slightly smaller than a grain of raw white rice.  Might have been another one, but it was small enough that it just looked like a blood clot in the strainer.

Yes, when I think I am about to pass a stone, I strain my pee.  That wire mesh strainer is used for that, and that only.  It never even GOES in the kitchen, much less gets used there.

PDF files with complex multi layer backgrounds.  They take way too freaking long to render.

Dudes: Design your background, then render it down to a single layer and THEN use it in dried mud.  Just because you can use multiple layers doesn't mean you should.

Dizzy spells.  They take a few seconds to triggers, so I get up from my bed, move across the room then WHAM.  What really sucks is when I have already sat down.  I don't know about any one else, but getting dizzy while sitting down is a special kind of weird. 

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

I don't know about any one else, but getting dizzy while sitting down is a special kind of weird. 

Never experienced that. Mine hit me as I'm approaching a kitchen counter or something similar. It's like my legs start to buckle out from under me.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have a pair of ingrown hairs in my freaking right eyebrow.

They are itchy and stuff.

Out of all the maladies, I've never had an ingrown hair. How do you fix one? Tweezers?

19 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Out of all the maladies, I've never had an ingrown hair. How do you fix one? Tweezers?

Yes.  And a real steady hand in this case.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Because Cox Cable isn't open on Sunday, I have to turn in my modem today, not next weekend, which means I'm going to be off the Internets for a week.  This is less than optimal. :angry:

I am sorry to hear. You will be missed. But at least you will be back again and you will be eagerly welcomed when you do return!

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Because Cox Cable isn't open on Sunday, I have to turn in my modem today, not next weekend, which means I'm going to be off the Internets for a week.  This is less than optimal. :angry:

We'll keep a microwave oven waiting for you when you get back.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have sorta internet if I go down to the office and use the guest account.  I strongly suspect that it will not work at the apartment, but I'm going to see.

I have to walk down to the office, so I'm only on the net at odd times.