• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

I just learned that if I fail to clean up Black Susan's litterbox each and every morning, I will get to clean to floor and the litterbox the next day.

My cup of joy overflows.

13 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I just learned that if I fail to clean up Black Susan's litterbox each and every morning, I will get to clean to floor and the litterbox the next day.

My cup of joy overflows.

Nonetheless it is a good thing you are doing. I hope your sister appreciates the effort. Keeping kitties happy is a demanding task, if one I personally find very worthwhile. :)

32 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Nonetheless it is a good thing you are doing. I hope your sister appreciates the effort. Keeping kitties happy is a demanding task, if one I personally find very worthwhile. :)

It's sister in law and it looks like I am keeping Black Susan for a while, as, this morning aside, she is much better behaved here than at David and April's house.  Plus I like a cat that sits at your feet when on the computer.  April, not so much with the liking.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

It's sister in law and it looks like I am keeping Black Susan for a while, as, this morning aside, she is much better behaved here than at David and April's house.  Plus I like a cat that sits at your feet when on the computer.  April, not so much with the liking.

Ah. That, I can fully respect and empathise with. My own departed and sadly missed cats were very good company when I was working at the computer. Mind you, sometimes they would walk in front of the screen and step on the keyboard in a bid for attention. I did not really mind as they didn't do it too often and I usually decided that was a good time to take a break to pay attention to the kitties. (There was of course the time where one of my cats wiped an entire 40-man World of Warcraft raid single-pawedly. I was busy healing the main tank as she stepped on my Divine Intervention emergency hotkey. This made the main tank invulnerable and removed him from combat, which meant that the boss was free to take his rage out on the rest of us. Seconds later most of the healers were dead and half a minute after all that remained on the battlefield was a huge pile of corpses and the rather bemused main tank. Who was completely fine once my Divine Intervention forcefield was gone.)

But all such shenanigans aside, my cats were fine company and a source of great joy to me. I once laughed myself sick because I had left my comp idle with Diablo 2 running. When I came back, one of my cats was frantically clawing at the monitor in an attempt to murder my henchman, who kept moving randomly around the screen while my character idled. She was nearly going berserk at him. My other cat stared at his sister like she had gone crazy and I decided to prolong my break because I didn't have the heart to interrupt her fun.

Good luck with the kitty, mlooney. Post pictures of her if you get the chance to, please?

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

mlooney: party increased by one cat.

David and April: party decreased by one cat.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

While I concede that an Ice Cream Headache may occasionally be part of the price to pay for the overall enjoyment of frozen treats, I have yet to discover a "Good" headache.

The only good headache is a headache killed stone cold dead by effective medication.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

The only good headache is a headache killed stone cold dead by effective medication.

Then this one is a very bad headache.   Well, not very bad, but damn if it's not responding to my drugs.  The lack of any thing for the sinus part I'm sure has to do with that.

25 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Then this one is a very bad headache.   Well, not very bad, but damn if it's not responding to my drugs.  The lack of any thing for the sinus part I'm sure has to do with that.

Oof. Hope you get better soon, then. :/

On 11/26/2017 at 0:11 PM, The Old Hack said:

Ah. That, I can fully respect and empathise with. My own departed and sadly missed cats were very good company when I was working at the computer. Mind you, sometimes they would walk in front of the screen and step on the keyboard in a bid for attention. I did not really mind as they didn't do it too often and I usually decided that was a good time to take a break to pay attention to the kitties.

Hobbes used to think his job was to help my posture.  Either that, or he thought he was a lumbar support pillow.  I'd be sitting at the desktop, and he'd fit himself in between my back and the back of the chair.  He would stay there forever if I'd let him.  If it weren't for the fact that switching to a laptop let me put the feet up on the recliner and have room for everyone to pile on top of me, he would have been very unhappy with the march of technology.  Now I'm down to just Mary, she seems to think that there isn't room for both herself and an iPad....

On 11/26/2017 at 10:44 AM, mlooney said:

My sympathies to April.  I tried to add a cat to my household, a stray who'd been brought to us with a badly injured front leg that turned out to be completely shattered just above the elbow, with bits of metal mixed in, meaning he was likely shot.  He was dubbed Lefty before I'd even amputated the leg, and after he'd recovered in a cage at work long enough, I brought him home to the spare room to let him have more room to learn to walk and jump three-legged, in the hopes Mary would learn to accept him.  Sadly, after months of trying, she was still attacking him any time they were face to face (well, any time she didn't have food to eat instead....), so Lefty wound up taking a trip to my mom's house, and they seem to be quite happy together.  I still miss him sometimes, though, and I'll be looking forward to seeing him at Christmas!  :-)

I have a sore throat and I don't have any salt to make a salt water gargle. Caffeine free "Constant Comment" tea helps some.

This is not my happy face.

Annoying -- weather forecasters/reporters who say things like "We're supposed to be having highs in the forties," or "This is way above normal!"

No, it's way above average, and we're supposed to be having ups and downs that are on average getting lower but continue to fluctuate like they always do.  It would be abnormal for every day's high to be exactly the average.

Come on, people, it doesn't take any more words to be accurate in this case, just use "average" when you mean "average"!

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The TV weather people like to think they are smarter than the "Average" meteorologist.

Well, in Oklahoma, where the National Weather service lives, that is the case, or at least was.   I'm not to happy about the local weather people now that I've move to a small town with a weird selection of "local" stations.

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Some TV news crews have meteorologists. Others have weather announcers, who know about as much about weather as sports announcers know about weather.

In Denmark we used to have a pair of sports announcers who knew about as much about sports as they knew about weather. And their weather expertise was limited to deciding that if they got wet when they went outside, it was probably raining. They had an amazing talent for ruining any event they commented on with inane babble and gossip about the involved athletes that had nothing to do with what they were actually engaged in on screen.

Their most memorable moment was without question during a Tour de France while it was going through a mountainous region. One poor bicyclist slid off the path and fell into a chasm and they didn't notice. When the cameras then panned to follow the fallen contestant, the two idiots complained about not wanting to look at stupid mountain views but at the race. I think they were still complaining when we learned that the poor man had died from his injuries. :(

The "Science" channel is frequently repeating a commercial for an upcoming show about an archeological dig at a possibly Biblical location.  One commentator seems so excited to have seen a piece of pottery with the name "Goliath' on it.

The Goliath legend is over three thousand years old and the tale in Samuel is only one side of the story.

Besides, it might just be a dog dish made by Davey in pottery class.

People playing a game in early access complaining when a patch or update breaks their save.

Some people even go so far as to demand that a developer put the patches into a separate branch for beta testing....

The game is currently either in alpha or beta, the whole point of releasing patches and updates is for players to test them and report issues so that they can be fixed before the finished product is released, so it would be redundant to have people beta test before it's released to be beta tested....

Because I want to watch selected TV shows, I called up Cox to find out what the cheapest way of getting them was.  Turns out that I need the whole shooting match to get Discovery-Science.  OK, did that.

Then I find out that their SSO server is dead with a return to service date of "around the 19th", which means I can't watch them.   So, if it's still dead come the end of the month, well, I'm cancelling the TV side of the service.   I expect this to be a major hassle.