• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

I just briefly locked my self out of the the house.  I forgot that one of the 3 locks on the front door is spring loaded and it relocked when I closed the door.

Well, it was spring loaded.  Now it's broken, I have a sore shoulder and I had to at take and anti-anxiety pill.  I'll get my tools out and fix the lock later, but right now, well, frack, off to take a nap or at least lay the [redacted] down.

14 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I may have cracked a bone.  Damn this hurts.

Taking the strong drugs. [edit] Crap. Out of them. [redacted cubed].

The good news:  My shoulder seems to have gotten over what ever I did to it slamming the door open. 

The Bad News: I've had a sinus headache for about 18-20 hours now.  I'm really less than thrilled by that.

46 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I've had a sinus headache for about 18-20 hours now.

I don't know if this is good or bad news. 

I just blew my nose which resulted is a BB to pea size blood clot, out the side that hurts.

Do you currently have health insurance?  If so, now would be a good time to call up your doc and ask them if it's something you need to go in for.  You're the one species on the planet I'm not allowed to diagnose or treat.

1 minute ago, CritterKeeper said:

Do you currently have health insurance?  If so, now would be a good time to call up your doc and ask them if it's something you need to go in for.  You're the one species on the planet I'm not allowed to diagnose or treat.

I have health insurance.  What I don't currently have is a non shrink doctor.  I know, in theory, which clinic I will use, however I'm not a patient there yet.  Plus there is the lack of transportation.   If this doesn't get any better by morning I'm going to re-evaluate my options.

Just so long as you don't end up being transported in the ambulance, after sneezing yourself into epistaxis or something.  Any more problems after that clot?

Most communities these days have some sort of transport for seniors and the disabled to get rides.  Could you get yourself signed up for that?

3 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Just so long as you don't end up being transported in the ambulance, after sneezing yourself into epistaxis or something.  Any more problems after that clot?

Most communities these days have some sort of transport for seniors and the disabled to get rides.  Could you get yourself signed up for that?

No problems, other than pain post clot.  As to transport, there is a point to point bus system here, but it needs at least 3 days notice, minimum.   If I do decided I need to go to the clinic, I've got that covered, in that taxi rides are flat rate in town.

33 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Did you have any other symptoms when your headache was happening (or now, for that matter)?

Just my nose being slightly stuffy, then a blood clot when I blew my nose.  And now that I am not thinking "Migraine" I feel that there is pressure in my right sinus and the head ache isn't quite where a migraine should be, at least on me.

As of right now, I'm more or less pain free.  Not sure if that is the drugs or if I managed to break up the crap in my sinus with a mixture of nasal spray and heat pads.  I'm leaning towards broke up the mass in the sinus, because I'm only 10 minutes away from the "It's been 6 hours" mark from my last pain meds, and pain meds don't last that long on me, normally.

I just got an email from my land lord, about a dead car and trash piled up around the house, aimed at the other side of the building as it happens.  I've spoken with every one in question and even the inspector for the city knows it's not my side of the building and not my stuff.  Plus the inspector told me that it's the landlords problem in the final end.   With any luck at all the fact that 3 people are living there when there should only be 1 will result in them moving out.  A man can dream.

Was the letter addressed specifically to you demanding that you clean up "your" trash, or was it relatively generic, or addressed to the culprits with a copy to you so you know it's happening?

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Was the letter addressed specifically to you demanding that you clean up "your" trash, or was it relatively generic, or addressed to the culprits with a copy to you so you know it's happening?

It was a fairly generic letter.  The actual from the city letter just had the address and was sent to the agents, who then forwarded it to "us" via email.   I'm not worried about it, and like I said, this might result in the other people leaving, which would be a real win all around.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

It was a fairly generic letter.  The actual from the city letter just had the address and was sent to the agents, who then forwarded it to "us" via email.   I'm not worried about it, and like I said, this might result in the other people leaving, which would be a real win all around.

Ah, yeah, that's the sort of thing that probably should be cc'd to everyone in the building. Possibly with a more strongly worded, but private, note to the specific people creating the problem.

29 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Ah, yeah, that's the sort of thing that probably should be cc'd to everyone in the building. Possibly with a more strongly worded, but private, note to the specific people creating the problem.

The property agent told me that she was going to deliver a printed copy of the town's complaint directly to them, and have speaks about the number of people allowed by the lease.  As of this morning. the car and most of the trash is still there.

On 22/01/2018 at 8:12 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This is why, as a security professional, I want all locks everywhere replaced with thumbprint scanners.

I thought your preferences went towards deadfalls, pit traps, huge rolling balls and ancient curses.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I thought your preferences went towards deadfalls, pit traps, huge rolling balls and ancient curses.

That was my plan.  Until a certain Dr Jones made a little instructional video showing EVERYONE how to get around that system.