• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That was my plan.  Until a certain Dr Jones made a little instructional video showing EVERYONE how to get around that system.

Not that guy again. I just had the most annoying time with him when he was trying to steal my time machine using the dumbest justification ever. He said, "It's going to belong in a museum!"

"Museum" is a code word for "long drawn-out chase scene followed by ill-advised opening by the bad guys, followed ultimately by storage in a vast government warehouse until needed as a cheap gag prop for a future movie.

5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

"Museum" is a code word for "long drawn-out chase scene followed by ill-advised opening by the bad guys, followed ultimately by storage in a vast government warehouse until needed as a cheap gag prop for a future movie.

I am not a bad guy! I do my ill-advised openings for SCIENCE!

Eve Online annoying thing number 3456:

NPC Sanshas command ships.  Not that they are hard to kill, but they are damn near impossible for salvage drones to deal with once the battle is over.  My normal method of dealing with them is loot them, then blow up the wreck so my drones will not spend hours attempting to salvage them.

I've had 9 cups of strong tea, an Adderall (10mg) and a 16 oz Jolt Cola this afternoon. (Afternoon being defined as "after 11:00 AM")  Why the hell do I feel like I should go to bed fairly soon?

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

I've had 9 cups of strong tea, an Adderall (10mg) and a 16 oz Jolt Cola this afternoon. (Afternoon being defined as "after 11:00 AM")  Why the hell do I feel like I should go to bed fairly soon?

Take a POWER NAP!!!!!

Ads on mobile that replace everything on the screen with the ad. Makes it hard to read Not Always Right when it keeps replacing the story with a full-page ad for an iPhone 7 (which is also weird, as I use an android phone and haven't been searching for new phones). There's also a sharp increase in pop-ups that are successfully blocked, as in like four per story.

Oddly, for Not Always Right this only happens when I follow a link to an individual story from TV Tropes, not when on the general site itself or when going to the stories directly from Not Always Right.

10 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Ugh. That really sucks. Feel better soon.

It's my own fault.  If I fail to drink enough -any thing- for 3-4 days I have a good chance getting a micro stone.  Due to weird sleep hours I missed drinking enough tea, so I have a stone.  Knowing why I have it doesn't make it hurt less, of course.

Just now, mlooney said:

It's my own fault.  If I fail to drink enough -any thing- for 3-4 days I have a good chance getting a micro stone.  Due to weird sleep hours I missed drinking enough tea, so I have a stone.  Knowing why I have it doesn't make it hurt less, of course.

Quite the contrary, actually. Makes you feel stupid. I hate it when I pull that sort of crap on myself.

On 2/10/2018 at 9:13 PM, mlooney said:

Just returned from a 5 hour D&D game, just in time for a micro kidney stone to kick in. This is not my happy face.

Well, at least it was courteous enough to wait until after you got back from the game.  Assuming it was a good game, and not a "this sucks so badly I wish I had an excuse to leave, even a kidney stone would be better!" in which case the timing sucks too.  ;-P

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Well, at least it was courteous enough to wait until after you got back from the game.  Assuming it was a good game, and not a "this sucks so badly I wish I had an excuse to leave, even a kidney stone would be better!" in which case the timing sucks too.  ;-P

I've found that standing tends to mask the first twinges of a micro stone.  I DM on my feet most of the time, so there was that.  And no, it wasn't a bad game, really good as a point of fact.

That feeling you get when you think your game is ready for play testing, but you keep having this nagging thought that you have left out something important. Well, that is what testing is for.

22 hours ago, mlooney said:

That feeling you get when you think your game is ready for play testing, but you keep having this nagging thought that you have left out something important. Well, that is what testing is for.

Well. I found out what was missing when I checked core/careers.tex and found 7 include files commented out. Doing them now.

I just did my twice a month "update and reboot if needed" on my linux boxes and my iMac.

Damn it.  All of them have major updates, which means "reboot is needed".    This is a pain in the sitting area because the linux client for Dropbox takes all freaking day (well, 30 minutes or so) to finish starting, as it walks over the whole of the ~/Dropbox directory and sees if there is any thing to update.  And this slows the whole box down.  Bleh.

Somebody where I work has not shown up for his shift in two days.
I am working my third twelve hour shift in as many days.
There is no word from the office about getting a new person in to train.
I don't even know if the office is actually going to fire this person.  He talked his way back to work after multiple days of no-call/no-show before.

21 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Somebody where I work has not shown up for his shift in two days.
I am working my third twelve hour shift in as many days.
There is no word from the office about getting a new person in to train.
I don't even know if the office is actually going to fire this person.  He talked his way back to work after multiple days of no-call/no-show before.

Are they at least making you work the graveyard shift? You do have a lot of practice with ancient tombs.

The only free and open source client for Google drive for Linux, `grive`, is a real freaking pig to run.  Slowest thing I've found to do a remote update and sync.

#1stworldproblems.

Lost power in another block of the house. This block includes my bedroom, my brothers' room, the attic lights, and the workshop.

Stupid late 60's wiring.