• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

My skinny white boy butt.  If I sit to long on my desk chair, it goes to sleep and/or starts hurting.

Two potential solutions:

One, take it as a hint that exercising a little is good for you.
Two, get a better chair.

I recommend both.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Two potential solutions:

Two, get a better chair.

I recommend both.

I'm working on the better chair.   And I do try to go out and walk when it's not crappy weather.

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Two potential solutions:

Two, get a better chair.

There is a third option

Many of us who spend most of our time sitting tend to grow a larger cushion.

10 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Many of us who spend most of our time sitting tend to grow a larger cushion.

While I am gaining weight due to my current brain drugs, I'm not getting a larger butt.  It's still a skinny white boy boney butt.  If any thing it's getting smaller, but that's hard to be sure on.

May I recommend getting a pair of adjustable ankle weights?  Many years ago, I had shortened patellar tendons and had to do physical therapy.  Lie on back, tighten quadriceps on one leg, raise on a count of (I think) five or six, lower on a count of six or eight, release quads.  Repeat 25 times on each side twice a day, increase by five every few days, when you're doing fifty go back to 25 but increase the weight.

Anyone who thinks you can't get a proper workout or build muscle with wimpy little ankle weights needs to try this.  Man, could I get my muscles sore!  And after I'd finished the official physical therapy, I started using them for leg lifts in all four directions.

I actually literally just this week bought a new set of ankle weights and a yoga mat to stash away at work, for those days when I would be able to take a long walk at lunch, but can't leave the building because the other doctor has someone under anesthesia.

I bought a new pair of sneakers, from the New Balance store.  They're the same kind as my previous pair, fit great, comfortable to walk in.  Wore them to work the next day.

They squeak.

Every step, all day.  I was hoping it was just a short-lived temporary problem, but it didn't get any quieter all day.  The staff asked me to wear my old sneakers the next day, which I did, and even they weree squeaking a little bit briefly, meaning something from inside the new shoes transferred to my inserts.

I went to a routine doctor's appointment and the lady leaving as I arrived had equally squeaky shoes....asked her and sure enough, they were brand new New Balance sneakers.  She wears a brace, I use orthotic inserts.  Seems to be a problem with putting some sort of insert like that into them.

I stopped in at the New Balance store when I was passing by, and they said getting a different pair probably wouldn't help.  Their suggestion was to put tissue paper in between the shoe and the orthotic, which seems to me like a recipe for wrinkled, crumpled paper rubbing against my foot at just the wrong moment.

My current plan is to put in a gel insert and see if the squeak will go away with some walking.  I recall now that my current pair of shoes did the same thing when I got them, although not as bad.  They did eventually get better.  Still, it's danged annoying to have to deal with, and you'd think if it's this consistent a known problem, they'd have done something about it!

My clock was off.

I was just looking at some videos before going to sleep and noticed the clock on the screen said it was nearly time for me to get up.

Somehow my computer thought it was in Amsterdam.  Not US Eastern time.

I don't even own a pair of wooden shoes.  Any more.

For reasons as yet unknown, my X windows setup has gone walk about. Every thing hangs if I try to do a normal lightdm startup. If I boot to a console and use startx every thing works just fine.

The question is do I just deal with it or spend several hours yelling at my computer trying to fix something that really is just candy on top any way?

Do not disrespect the candy coating.

Without the candy coating, M&M's become a gooey bag of chocolate and peanuts.

Without the candy coating, that apple on a stick is actually a HEALTHY snack.

We certainly don't want anything like that to happen.

9 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Do not disrespect the candy coating.

Without the candy coating, M&M's become a gooey bag of chocolate and peanuts.

Without the candy coating, that apple on a stick is actually a HEALTHY snack.

We certainly don't want anything like that to happen.

The candy coating is my favorite part of the M&M.  The rest of it is milk chocolate.   I don't dis milk chocolate by any means but there's also a ton of other milk chocolate delivery systems out there if that's all you want.

I did experiments to figure out how few M&Ms I could put in my mouth to that that burst of sugary "candy coating" flavor.  the answer was 3 regular M&Ms. 

I used to dislike M&Ms minis because the coating didn't taste right.  that has been corrected.

We had a rain front roll in.  While I was DM my D&D game that I do every Saturday.  It triggered a migraine, which wouldn't be too bad if I had any of my drugs on me, which I didn't.  Ended the game early so I could take drugs and hid in the dark.

31 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Power failures.  Just annoying.

Seconded. I was subjected to two long ones a few years back. They came almost back to back, with only a week or two between them. The first one was just in my apartment and eventually got fixed when a guy from the power company found the break. When the second one came I was about to blow my fuse, then I discovered that all of Copenhagen and its suburbs had lost power, so at least it was not the same problem. Still, that was not fun.

There are so many types of "Power" that have been desired and used throughout human history.

Who would have thought that spinning magnets in coiled wires would be the power that could most effectively build and destroy civilizations?

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There are so many types of "Power" that have been desired and used throughout human history.

Who would have thought that spinning magnets in coiled wires would be the power that could most effectively build and destroy civilizations?

I disagree with that last one. The power that can most effectively build and destroy civilisations is brain power. In fact, it is rather a sine qua non for the building of them.

27 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Eve's server is doing a good imitation of a bouncing rubber ball right now.

Who's fighting who this time?

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:
32 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Eve's server is doing a good imitation of a bouncing rubber ball right now.

Who's fighting who this time?

They are being DDoSed.  At least 2 attacks.  That's taking PvP to a new level.

I have a migraine that isn't responding to my normal drugs as well as I would like.  Due to my brother and niece being at her karate tournament this week,  in addition to the migraine I've called off my D&D game for the week.  I'm going to go hide in a dark room for the afternoon.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I have a migraine that isn't responding to my normal drugs as well as I would like.  Due to my brother and niece being at her karate tournament this week,  in addition to the migraine I've called off my D&D game for the week.  I'm going to go hide in a dark room for the afternoon.

Take care of yourself, man, and feel better.

mlooney TMI post below in the spoiler

I have not had a bowel movement in like 6 days, which is about 3 days longer than normal.  I just had one

1. Blocked the toilet up.  Took about 10 minutes with the plunger to clear it.
  2. I have literal butt hurt.
  3. I feel more than slightly nauseous

I hate some of the side effects of my brain drugs.

52 minutes ago, mlooney said:

mlooney TMI

I've set my phone/alarm clock to wake me at 11:59 so I can pay my bills and what not.  However due to lingering effects of the TMI issue, I'm going to bed early today.