• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Are smoke/CO detectors programmed to wait until 4am before announcing their battery is low?

To the best of my knowledge, yes. That was what happened roughly every third month with my old one. Which badly needs replacing.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

The primary Eve online server is dead right now.  No indications as to why.

Have you seen the on-line company Eve is keeping?  I tried to be reasonable.  I tried to warn her.  But she would have none of it.

That server is DEAD to me!

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Have you seen the on-line company Eve is keeping?  I tried to be reasonable.  I tried to warn her.  But she would have none of it.

That server is DEAD to me!

Look, Eve turned fourteen just a month ago. She's only being a teenager, this is something she will work out on her own in time. Puberty is a rough time, so cut her a break.

15 hours ago, mlooney said:

My all in one router/cable modem/WiFi system takes too damn long to recover from a power glitch.

Yeah, I've had to "power cycle" my router a couple of times this week.  Storms, or Comcast hooking up a new cable to a neighbor in the next building and burying it, or router getting old?  Who knows.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Yeah, I've had to "power cycle" my router a couple of times this week.  Storms, or Comcast hooking up a new cable to a neighbor in the next building and burying it, or router getting old?  Who knows.

I know it was a power failure, which lasted like 5 seconds.  The Chrome book laptop never blinked, of course, but I had to reload X windows on Godzilla and I've ignored the iMac...

Could be worse, the power flickered while I was in the middle of extracting a large three-rooted tooth from a very sweet lady pitbull mix this morning.  Very, very glad it didn't do more than flicker!

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Could be worse, the power flickered while I was in the middle of extracting a large three-rooted tooth from a very sweet lady pitbull mix this morning.  Very, very glad it didn't do more than flicker!

I remember when I visited New Jersey in 2012 during that big storm in the autumn. We had battened down the hatches and were pretty anxious at the time. The power flickered for about half a second but then we were fine.

Turns out that two thirds of the town we were in lost all power and stayed without power for a week. It was two weeks before full function returned. We were just some fifty yards away from the edge of that. Talk about dodging a bullet. :icon_eek:

While sinus headaches are not as deeply painful as migraines they are longer lasting and don't seem to respond to drugs they same way.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

The fireworks have started.  I've been told that it's going to go on all week, based on last year.  The cat is freaking out.

The good news is they might have stopped for a while.   The bad news is because we have a thunderstorm going on.  Cat still freaking out.

Also the fireworks people might not be awake at 07:00, but I wouldn't count on that.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Fireworks are going off again.  I have a very upset cat in my lap now.

Catnip OTC or gabapentin prescription might help....for the latter you'd have to talk to your vet.

15 hours ago, mlooney said:

So far fireworks have been light to moderate. Susan, the cat, has been either hiding in her cat cave or hanging out with me the whole time.

When the fireworks did reach the "warzone" level, Susan was in full cuddle mode and stayed with me.

A 5 second power loss will result in my life being disrupted for about 15 minutes while all the electronics in it get over it.

10 hours ago, mlooney said:

A 5 second power loss will result in my life being disrupted for about 15 minutes while all the electronics in it get over it.

Is this related to the phenomena that will make me gain five pounds if I eat a one pound box of candy?

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is this related to the phenomena that will make me gain five pounds if I eat a one pound box of candy?

I suspect so.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:38 AM, mlooney said:

In the last 30 minutes I've had 3 people (a single and a pair) knock at my door and ask about my evicted neighbour.

Just had a pair of police officers ask about them.