• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

How would he know whether or not he has encountered the MiB?

Well, if he hasn't encountered anyone wearing black, he obviously hasn't met the Men in Black yet.

I just spent 19 minutes and 25 seconds on the phone to get my Cox service changed to internet only.  At least 7 of those minutes were in total silence while the lady worked on getting my account changed.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

When, I ask, is "end of the day" according to FedEx? My bike is supposed to be here by then.

Well, foo.  Now it's end of day tomorrow.  Not fully gruntled by this

When, I ask, is "end of the day" according to FedEx? My bike is supposed to be here by then.

20 minutes ago, mlooney said:

"Barcode label unreadable and replaced"

OK.  Never seen FedEx do that before.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

53 minutes ago, mlooney said:

33 minutes ago, mlooney said:

"Barcode label unreadable and replaced"

OK.  Never seen FedEx do that before.

Maybe they were Sleep-Shipping?

Got the bike. Assembled the bike. Put air in tires. Now charging the battery because bike no go. I hope it's due to an under charged battery, not any thing else. Removing the battery to charge the battery requires that the seat be removed. This is less than ideal.

51 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Got the bike. Assembled the bike. Put air in tires. Now charging the battery because bike no go. I hope it's due to an under charged battery, not any thing else. Removing the battery to charge the battery requires that the seat be removed. This is less than ideal.

If that's really necessary, it's bad design. Something that is going to be that common, shouldn't require disassembly. Consider installing a hinge under the seat so you can get the battery out more easily, or putting the battery back in rotated 90 degrees so you can hook the charger up without removing the battery, or...

23 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

If that's really necessary, it's bad design. Something that is going to be that common, shouldn't require disassembly. Consider installing a hinge under the seat so you can get the battery out more easily, or putting the battery back in rotated 90 degrees so you can hook the charger up without removing the battery, or...

Actually you can charge the battery while it is attached, as long as you turn it off at the battery as well.

23 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Actually you can charge the battery while it is attached, as long as you turn it off at the battery as well.

But you still have to remove the seat to remove the battery.  Which makes locking the bike out side and just taking the battery inside trickier than it should be.

I'm going to bed. Yeah, it's not even 18:00 (6 pm) yet but I'm wiped out. Putting together the bike and then having it not really work took it all out of me. I'm going to let the battery fully charge, as in keep it charging all night, then if it doesn't work then, well, I've got 431 minutes on my phone right now and I'm willing to use at least 300 of them on line with tech support, starting at 8:00 AM.

49 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm going to bed. Yeah, it's not even 18:00 (6 pm) yet but I'm wiped out. Putting together the bike and then having it not really work took it all out of me. I'm going to let the battery fully charge, as in keep it charging all night, then if it doesn't work then, well, I've got 431 minutes on my phone right now and I'm willing to use at least 300 of them on line with tech support, starting at 8:00 AM.

And I can't sleep.   Going to find a dead tree sleep aid and see if that helps.

I just found out that my bike lamp is broken.  Actually the mount is broken, it is still a light.  This really doesn't matter until later in the fall when it starts getting darker early in the day.  Got a replacement in my wish list, which will be filled come next month.  I just hope that I have a functional bike to attach it to then, and I'm not waiting on repairs or shipping it back to California.  Ironically the maker of the bike is only about a 90 minute drive from here, but I don't know if I can take it there directly.  Will find out about that in the morning.

OK it's not a low charge on the battery.  Their tech supports opens in an hour.  I have an alarm set to call them.

Talked to the tech for the bike. He thinks it's the controller, might be the throttle, so he is sending me both of those to replace and see what happens.

On 8/9/2018 at 7:54 PM, mlooney said:

I just found out that my bike lamp is broken.  Actually the mount is broken, it is still a light. 

Just got the replacement lamp and batteries.  Thanks some one.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, mlooney said:

Talked to the tech for the bike. He thinks it's the controller, might be the throttle, so he is sending me both of those to replace and see what happens.

The parts for my bike were shipped out yesterday, so 3-5 business days later I should have them. I really hope that the controller fixes it, as that is the easiest one to replace.