• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I really hope that the controller fixes it, as that is the easiest one to replace.

As long as you don't have to repeal it first.

I got the parts. As per normal UPS dropped them at the wrong door. No big. On the other hand, I'm not going to try to replace them with out talking to the rep again. Hopefully tomorrow.

That being said, the controller was not the part I thought it was.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

That being said, the controller was not the part I thought it was.

Not only is not the part I thought is was, the one they sent was the wrong one.  After 2 phone calls we have established which one I need and it's being sent.

Bike update. It wasn't the controller. Which means I need to remove the throttle. Which isn't something I'm going to do with very little sleep. Maybe after game or Sunday. Bleh.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:14 AM, mlooney said:

Bike update. It wasn't the controller. Which means I need to remove the throttle. Which isn't something I'm going to do with very little sleep. Maybe after game or Sunday. Bleh.

Wasn't the throttle either.  They are sending a new rim, which is the bit that seems to be broken, however that doesn't include the tire, so I've got to take it to a shop to have the tire replaced.  I am less than gruntled by this.

Wish I could come help you with the bike, or take it to the shop for you on my bike rack.  I don't suppose that the head office of the company is in the northwest Chicago suburbs, so I can at least yell at them for you?

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Wish I could come help you with the bike, or take it to the shop for you on my bike rack.  I don't suppose that the head office of the company is in the northwest Chicago suburbs, so I can at least yell at them for you?

Actually their HQ is in Joplin MO, which is just down the road from here.  My niece does her dance lessons there.

I was planning on doing a real test of the bike in the morning.  But the weather channel website says we have a 100% chance of getting rain.  I have done a multiple miles bike ride in the rain before and I don't want to have to all of that fun and excitement again.

Yeah, my trip to ExpectoCon last weekend had the annoyance of heavy enouh rain to reduce visibility, starting while I was in a construction zone with narrower and fewer lanes.  And no exits for far too long.  What should have been a two hour trip was more like five, with a fair bit of stress.

And then another bunch of storms came up just as I was ready to start the drive back.  It's only to the level of annoying, rather than worse, because I made the smart decision to wait until the worst passed before heading out.  The Woodman's had free WiFi and the gas station's convenience store was closed and very few were using the pumps, so I just stayed under the awning and watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.  My main annoyance was that the driver's seat is stuck and can't lean back, so I couldn't get some sleep instead.  But the movie was good, and by the time it was over, the bad weather was, too.  (And the Woodman's is 24-hour so I even had a handy bathroom before setting out. ;-)   I got home at almost 3am, with work every day the rest of the week, so I'm still short on sleep.  No disaster, but definitely annoying.

Dear Amazon. Some one needs to add a field to items that people buy that indicates that it is highly likely that this is a one time purchase and it's not a collectable item where you might want several of them. Electric bikes, for example. You can stop sending me emails every time one in your systems goes down in price by a dollar. I have a bike. It's less than a month old, I'm not likely to be in the "let buy a bike" mode for a while now.

I strongly suspect that this time next month I'm going to be getting emails about bike trailers because I bought one. Assuming of course I decide to do that.

On 8/27/2018 at 3:00 PM, mlooney said:

I strongly suspect that this time next month I'm going to be getting emails about bike trailers because I bought one. Assuming of course I decide to do that.

Ooh, sounds like a good addition if you really plan on using your bike to run errands and shop and such!

On 8/27/2018 at 4:00 PM, mlooney said:

Dear Amazon. Some one needs to add a field to items that people buy that indicates that it is highly likely that this is a one time purchase and it's not a collectable item where you might want several of them. Electric bikes, for example. You can stop sending me emails every time one in your systems goes down in price by a dollar. I have a bike. It's less than a month old, I'm not likely to be in the "let buy a bike" mode for a while now.

Back in 2006, I decided to take a college IT course. The financing for tuition was done through a bank that I didn't have any accounts with, and for several months, I got calls with offers for lines of credit, credit cards or checking accouts, which I repeated turned down because I already have a bank I deal with and the bank that I've got the tuition loan from doesn't even have a branch near me.

Fast forward to 2015, I get a new van, and as luck would have it, the dealership finances it through that bank as well and so the calls begin again, and about twice a month they'd be like "our records show that you have been in good standing with us in the past (with the tuition loan) and continue to do so now (with the van payments)" and each time I'd respond with "I'm only with you because of the loan, I have accounts with a local bank and am happy with that" but it took until about 2 months ago to finally get them to stop, at least I hope they've stopped, I've got 2 years left on the van payments so we'll see what happens once I've paid it off.

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Stop making the payments and you will get an entirely different type of correspondence.

That happens every time we switch TV providers, the previous one would always call several times trying to get us back with them.

23 hours ago, Scotty said:

That happens every time we switch TV providers, the previous one would always call several times trying to get us back with them.

I think Comcast must have given up on me.  I dropped cable more than a year ago, and I haven't gotten any offers for good deals to come back in a long time.  I may have to lure them -- Doctor Who will be back on BBC America "Fall 2018" and I haven't had as much luck convincing the Beeb that my computer is in London as I used to have.  If only BritBox carried new episodes, so I could sign up for them instead!  (Or, heaven forbid, if only there were some actual competition for Comcast I could switch to instead...)

I went out for a ride on the bike, not going any where, but just to ride it.  On the way back home a [redacted][redacted] middle aged woman driving a [redacted] SUV going the other way made a left turn in front of me, forcing me off the road and into the ditch, where I face planted.   My bike and I are ok, modulo a bruised knee.  I've taken some meds and I'm going to lay down.

Just a reminder that middle aged women driving SUVs are out to get me.