• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Doing data entry with out Adderall is more than I can do for more than an hour or so.  Problem with taking Adderall right now is I have a 3pm D&D game and I would rather not crash in the middle of it, vs towards the end.

Project x is coming along nicely. I have data entered for 1098 vehicles so far. I should finish the vehicles data entry in a few days, then I move on to the load outs, which i suspect it going to be more of a head ache than getting vehicle armour data.

Due to changing medication instructions I'm having real problems doing data entry for project X.  Can't stay on target long enough to matter and I can't take Adderrall this month. 

I've had a mild headache for about 20 hours now.  Starting to chap my buns a bit that it's not responding to my normal OTC meds.

I ordered a book, actually one of a set of books off of Amazon.  Got a notice that it was cancelled due to a price error.   So I ordered another copy from an other vendor, still off of Amazon. 

Today, when I got back from the library, I have 4 books delivered, including two copies of the supposedly cancelled book.  This explains why I never saw a credit back on my card.  Grunt, snarl, snort, etc.

It's roughly 10:40 AM. I've been up and moving for several hours. I can't stay on target, any target, for more than 30 minutes at a time and my normal fix for that, adderall, is off limits this month. Going for a walk, then going to try and fix Eve on Godzilla, see if that can keep my moving until the afternoon.

[redacted] it.  I'm going to lay down for a while.  I got eve working on all three machines, so I may get up after a while and do it for a while, but really right now, don't wanna.

I have a low grade migraine. My OTC stuff, plus copious amount of hot tea, are knocking it down to "This sucks" vs "Hide in a dark room" level, but, please note, it still sucks.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If animals (including other humans) make a lot of noise in their mating rituals, we can complain.

But when plants broadcast their reproduction through the atmosphere, we are supposed to sit back and accept it?

Well, when you put it that way...

Anyway, generic NyQuil seems to have worked.   Only problem is that it knocks me out, which may or may not really be a problem.

I have a DVD or CD jammed in the drive on Godzilla.  Based on how it responded to me attempting to pry it open after pushing the button I'm going to need to open up the case and deal with it.

I'm not sure why I attempted to open the drive today, but I did.  I don't need to burn a CD or any thing, just got bored and pushed the button and it failed to open.  So of course I tried again with a butter knife...  Meh.  

On 3/29/2019 at 4:16 PM, mlooney said:

I have a DVD or CD jammed in the drive on Godzilla.  Based on how it responded to me attempting to pry it open after pushing the button I'm going to need to open up the case and deal with it.

I'm not sure why I attempted to open the drive today, but I did.  I don't need to burn a CD or any thing, just got bored and pushed the button and it failed to open.  So of course I tried again with a butter knife...  Meh.  

Does the drive not have the little hole you can shove a paperclip into? Or are we jammed beyond that?

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Does the drive not have the little hole you can shove a paperclip into? Or are we jammed beyond that?

Jammed way past that.  I think.   I'll  play with that later before I rip the case apart.

I have a persistent low grade headache that is just enough to trigger my take drugs reflex, but doesn't seem to be responding to my normal ones.  I suspect I have a pollen problem and if it doesn't go away soon I'm going to take NyQuil and pass out for the rest of the day.

New roof, new heater, new a/c, new owner.

What does that add up to? $25.00 more per month starting in July.

On the good news front, however, I renewed my lease. I don't know why I worry about that as much as I do, but It's good to know that I have a roof over my head until July 2020 at a price I can afford.

On 5/2/2019 at 2:02 PM, mlooney said:

New roof, new heater, new a/c, new owner.

What does that add up to? $25.00 more per month starting in July.

I've seen rents go up by that much even without any improvements being made.  Sounds like you got a pretty good deal, assuming you can still afford to live there with the increase.

On 5/2/2019 at 2:02 PM, mlooney said:

On the good news front, however, I renewed my lease. I don't know why I worry about that as much as I do, but It's good to know that I have a roof over my head until July 2020 at a price I can afford.

Congrats!  I hope you continue to enjoy a safe and comfortable home.

Both the direct express web site and phone system are down right now. I strongly suspect I'll be, at a minimum, changing pass codes and maybe cards "real soon now". Less than pleased about this.

[Edit]  It's back up and I'll be changing pin and pass words soonish.

As if I didn't have enough to be annoyed about, I'm starting to feel the first signs of a kidney stone.   Really less than happy about this.

I have a mild, left side of the head migraine,  a micro stone that is starting to pass, my right knee is starting to feel arthritic again and I have a cat that expects to get soft food at dawn.   Guess which one of these got me out of bed this morning.

Tomorrow is going to suck. Due to the phone being dead I don't have transportation to my shrink arranged, which means the bike. That would not be a bad thing, other than the 80% chance of rain. I'm seeing cold and wet in my future. Crap Etc.

[Edit to add]

Thanks to my brother I have a ride, so I don't care if it rains now.