• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

On 1/24/2020 at 1:17 PM, mlooney said:

The rental agent was just by to record what the house looked like after he was evicted.  I heard her in the house and knowing that no one should be in that part of the house I went over to see what was up.  Derick, my ex-neighbour  left all or almost all of his stuff behind, and in a major mess.  This isn't going to end well I suspect.  Of course first they have to find him as he just sorta vanished.  He's not getting his deposit back, that much I'm sure of.

If any of it is in good enough shape, perhaps you can convince them to let you have it.  Technically, they'd have to throw it away, and then you could take it from the trash, but perhaps they'd be willing to help you haul it into your place once it's officially discarded....

They have to keep it, for like 90 days or something.  I didn't see any thing I wanted and my side of the house is pretty full right now any way.  But I'll keep that idea in mind once they start the removal process.

I'm awake at 2:30 in the morning. Not a good sign. And I've been to bed already, it's not a case of still being up, it's a case of woke up at 2:15 and have not been able to go back to sleep.

I have a sore throat and a bit a runny nose, both signs of a cold returning. I've been awake for roughly 6 hours and I'm going back to bed and take some night time NyQuil and hope that deals with it.

Well walking around, checking my balance on the credit union, eating lunch, paying off my ambulance bill and then getting Explorer's appointment set took more out of me than I though it would.  Going back to bed.

I have a buckling spring keyboard that is supposed to be delivered today. I hope the 3-5 inches of snow we are getting doesn't have an effect on UPS, but I can live with it if it does.

I had plans on doing a lot of writing today, on several projects, but my nasal passages decided that it would be fun to flood instead, so I've taken drugs to stop that. They did, but I'm in no shape to think about anything.

Because I was feeling bad yesterday I went to sleep around 1:30 in the afternoon. I slept until about 2:45 this morning. It's now roughly 3:30 AM and I'm fully awake. On the plus side, I seem to be over my cold, but I'd rather be asleep again. Time to do some data entry on Project X I suspect. Or work on "The Terran Campaign" for "Edge of Imperial Space".

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Because I was feeling bad yesterday I went to sleep around 1:30 in the afternoon. I slept until about 2:45 this morning. It's now roughly 3:30 AM and I'm fully awake. On the plus side, I seem to be over my cold, but I'd rather be asleep again. Time to do some data entry on Project X I suspect. Or work on "The Terran Campaign" for "Edge of Imperial Space".

Let's see, at least 13 hours of sleep (uninterrupted I assume since you didn't mention any) feeling better because of it... only complaint being boredom?

I wish I could get 7 hours uninterrupted sleep most days. lol

Tried something fancy for dinner last night. My lady is supposed to be on a low-salt diet, so the only seasoning I used was from a container labelled "Garlic Pepper". The result was (a) way too salty, (b) strangely sweet, and (c) seriously in need of more garlic and more pepper.

I looked at the ingredients list on the "Garlic Pepper". The first two ingredients are salt and sugar.

(The container is now in the trash.)

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I looked at the ingredients list on the "Garlic Pepper". The first two ingredients are salt and sugar.

(The container is now in the trash.)

The trash sounds like the best place for that.

9 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Once when I visited England I purchased a bottle of putative 'strawberry milk.' It did not taste very much like strawberry. A closer examination of the ingredients label showed a number of esters and flavouring chemicals but no strawberry content whatsoever. I am still wondering how that could even be legal.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

The trash sounds like the best place for that.

I completely agree.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Once when I visited England I purchased a bottle of putative 'strawberry milk.' It did not taste very much like strawberry. A closer examination of the ingredients label showed a number of esters and flavouring chemicals but no strawberry content whatsoever. I am still wondering how that could even be legal.

If the list says "natural flavours" or "artificial flavours" anywhere, then that is where they hid the whatever-is-supposed-to-taste-like-strawberry.

Something which advertises itself as tasting like a certain flavour ought to at least have a resemblance to that flavour.

54 minutes ago, ijuin said:

If the list says "natural flavours" or "artificial flavours" anywhere, then that is where they hid the whatever-is-supposed-to-taste-like-strawberry.

See, this is the problem RIGHT THERE. What is a main selling point of a product should not be buried in a list of buzzwords. It should be DIRECTLY IN THE PRODUCT in a visible form that (in this case) may also be smelled and tasted. At least they put actual strawberries in Danish strawberry yogurt.

The cleaning lady on the other side of the house is using massive amounts of Pine-Sol to clean.  The last couple of days the fumes have managed to make it to my side of the house.  Pine-Sol seems to be a migraine trigger for me.  FML

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

The cleaning lady on the other side of the house is using massive amounts of Pine-Sol to clean.  The last couple of days the fumes have managed to make it to my side of the house.  Pine-Sol seems to be a migraine trigger for me.  FML

A problem with migraines caused by a chemical trigger is that they last at least as long as the trigger is present.

mlooney TMI post below

I am not having my normal constipation effects from my brain drugs.  Having the exact opposite as a point of fact.

The good news is the Explorer has figured out what "let me up" means and, infact, lets me get up.

Either the book of faces has done something weird or my Chromebook is going wanky. I've had 3 instances of the "Chrome has run out of memory or crashed" screens while reading FB today.

Edit:  Correction, five times.

Edit of Edit.  6 times.  I'm not going to read FB on my Chromebook any more.

Are you using the Chrome web browser as well? In my experience, it has a huge memory leak and will eat up all of my current system’s 24 GB with less than a dozen tabs open.

2 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Are you using the Chrome web browser as well? In my experience, it has a huge memory leak and will eat up all of my current system’s 24 GB with less than a dozen tabs open.

Chromebooks only run with the Chrome browser unless you do some things like load Linux on them.  So, yes I'm use Chrome.  And it's been crashing with 1 or 2 tabs open.  Only FB seems to be triggering it.