• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well, these are hired workmen, not the tenant.  I was told that he (or she, could be either) will be moving in next week.  I'm glad because that means they will stop working on that side of the house once it's rented.  At least they should. 

You have my sympathies.

But, I will still attempt to earn more stars.

29 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

You have my sympathies.

But, I will still attempt to earn more stars.

They finished about 30 minutes ago and I think they are done with the refurbishing of that side of the house.  

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I think they are done with the refurbishing of that side of the house

All this effort into refurbishing

It seems to me that humanity put even half that much effort into furbishing in the first place, a lot of this refurbishing would not be necessary

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

All this effort into refurbishing

It seems to me that humanity put even half that much effort into furbishing in the first place, a lot of this refurbishing would not be necessary

Y'mean, fix global warming now, rather than wait until we're boiling?

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Having at least two tenants in a row that were meth heads undid a lot of the furbishing...

Godzilla AKA "The Butt Warmer" runs linux.  I'm on the 3rd overload of versions of Ubuntu and it's been fairly flakey by linux standards.  I bit the bullet this morning and did a flush, nuke every thing and start over with XUbuntu 20.04 LTS.  All my work files live on Dropbox, so in theory all I have to do is re-download them and set up the applications that I use.  It takes a while to download about a terabyte of data.  This is the work flow change I made that I mentioned in my latest posting to Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

I'm old.  I pulled my back out reaching under my chair to retrieve a fallen d10.  I'm currently laying on my back waiting for the naproxen to kick in. 

45 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm old.  I pulled my back out reaching under my chair to retrieve a fallen d10.  I'm currently laying on my back waiting for the naproxen to kick in. 

Drugs have kicked in or I'm getting over pulling my back. Smart money is on drugs. Still laying down for the night.

I'm devoid of spoons for the day. Finally got a human to talk to about my debit card and should be getting one in 5-10 days, which should be soon enough. That was 6:15 to 6:30ish. Caught the bus, (a 1/3 mile walk to the nearest bus stop) to go to the clinic. Had 3 vials of blood drawn. Just missed the return bus so I ended up calling a cab instead of waiting another hour for the bus. Did I mention this was a fasting blood test? That didn't help my mood. While I was waiting on the cab, I got a call from Via Christie, the local hospital about setting up a bone density scan. That's set up for the end of the month. Also going to be a pain to get to, but I should be able to arrange a ride through SEK-CAP. I need to finish this cup of tea and lay down.

SEK-CAP transportation has changed their number of bags allowed in the van from 3 to 2. I was able to get all my stuff into 2 paper bags, but I had to ask for paper and package them myself. At least the Dillon's people were understanding about it. Still used more spoons than a trip to the grocery store should use. I've eaten a cheese and ham and cheese sandwich and I'm going to veg for the rest of the day.

Listening to the "Christmas in July" seasonal music channel on cable and I think I hear a young Michael Jackson singing John Lennon's Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

This seemed odd to me because if it was Michael Jackson, it would have been his voice from about the time John & Yoko released the original.  Maybe even before.

Turned out it was a Celine Dion cover

This annoys me because apparently my hearing has deteriorated to the point that I can not distinguish between the biggest pop star of my childhood and a diva who sank on the Titanic

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

"Christmas in July"

A concept that makes me rage for reasons I can't fully express.  Of course I'm the person who posts yearly rants about people that don't understand that Christmas starts on the 25th, not ends on the 25th.

Christmas in July, although it began in irony and silliness, is now celebrated for the purest of all reasons in North America

Marketing

With no big North American holidays between the first weekend in July and the first weekend in September, America's retailers need something to generate sales of seasonal merchandise

Question raised in my slightly exhausted brain while reading another thread...

Why is feeling swell usually a good thing, but swelling is almost always bad medically?

I think the English Language needs to be observed clinically

A swell can also be a "a slow, regular movement of the sea in rolling waves that do not break.", which may or may not be a good thing.

My Chrome Book decided that my password was no longer correct, even though I never changed it

Until I can get this resolved, probably by buying a new chrome book when I can scrape together enough money, my connection here will be limited at best

This is annoying for me

Others may find it less annoying

I thought I had a follow up for my colonoscopy today. It was, in fact next Tuesday. I just burned a lot of spoons dealing with the not very good local bus system for no good reason. And I've got to do it again next week. I made lunch and ate it, and now I'm going to take a nap or maybe crash really, really early. I suspect I'll get up around 4 or 5 however.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I thought I had a follow up for my colonoscopy today. It was, in fact next Tuesday. I just burned a lot of spoons dealing with the not very good local bus system for no good reason. And I've got to do it again next week. I made lunch and ate it, and now I'm going to take a nap or maybe crash really, really early. I suspect I'll get up around 4 or 5 however.

My next trip to the doctors will not be so bad, as I got a point to point ride arranged, which means i don't have to deal with the slow schedule of the bus system.

Well, I am able to get back online by using "Guest Mode"

But all my files and bookmarks are unavailable to me

If I am effectively using a machine that has been reset to factory specs, I might as well be using a new machine

I will be seeking to obtain a new portable computer at my earliest convenience

You should be able to log into Google, reset your password and then use that log into your Chrome book.  At least that is what I understand it to do.  Could be wrong.

Minor vent.  After I lost my wallet, I decided to get a "key finder" fob to attach to it.  I only needed one, so I bought a single bluetooth fob.  Problem is that where I normally keep my wallet and where I normally keep my phone is just on the edge of bluetooth range and the tab would drop to "out of range" and need a rather painful repairing to do.  So this morning I sucked up the cost and bought a set of 6 RF key fobs.   They, in theory have a 100 ft range, so they should work anywhere in the house.  Now I need to figure out what to tag with the other 5 fobs.

On 7/24/2021 at 1:24 PM, mlooney said:

You should be able to log into Google, reset your password and then use that log into your Chrome book.  At least that is what I understand it to do.  Could be wrong.

Unfortunately, I suspect that power failure on the day my computer went kerflooie may have resulted in some sort of damage