• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

And it's going to take 6 hours to upload my data that isn't on the SD card to Drop box.  Seems that the up speed on WiFi isn't the same as down speed.

If it's store 'in the cloud', it might be your ISP. Spectrum, formerly Time Warner, is highly asymetric, much higher download speed and capacity. Might be typical.

I have AT&T, and one of their few claims to fame is high upload speed. I don't generally need it, but since I an working from home since COVID, it occasionally comes in handy when transferring files to customers.

On 5/5/2022 at 0:01 PM, Darth Fluffy said:

If it's store 'in the cloud', it might be your ISP. Spectrum, formerly Time Warner, is highly asymetric, much higher download speed and capacity. Might be typical.

I have AT&T, and one of their few claims to fame is high upload speed. I don't generally need it, but since I an working from home since COVID, it occasionally comes in handy when transferring files to customers.

If I do a speed test from a computer that is hardwired to the router I get the same speed up as down.  I've only noticed a problem with large uploads via WiFi.  Not sure what to make of that.

They are finally mowing my yard. Explorer is not happy, but is staying on the bed, not getting under it.  Could be that the muffler on the riding mower that they are using is better than the push mower that they used next door.

I have a head ache.  I'm going to take some meds and lay down.  It's late enough in the day that I don't feel bad about laying down. 

I'm humming birding today.  Hard to keep on one project.  Haven't do that in a while.  Less than gruntled by this.  The Wellbutrin doesn't seem to be working today.

I just got an Amber Alert on my phone. For someone in Rose Hill. Rose Hill is 2 and a half hours away by car. Someone needs to work on the algorithm that decides who gets an Amber Alert.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I just got an Amber Alert on my phone. For someone in Rose Hill. Rose Hill is 2 and a half hours away by car. Someone needs to work on the algorithm that decides who gets an Amber Alert.

If they suspect the kidnapper is fleeing the scene, a 2 1/2 hour radius is not unreasonable. Hell, in New Mexico, that's just a bit past 'the next town'.

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

If they suspect the kidnapper is fleeing the scene, a 2 1/2 hour radius is not unreasonable. Hell, in New Mexico, that's just a bit past 'the next town'.

Possible, but there really isn't a good route from there to here.  There are much larger cities in the same circle of range that have direct routes.

59 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Possible, but there really isn't a good route from there to here.  There are much larger cities in the same circle of range that have direct routes.

Ah, that's fair.

12 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Ah, that's fair.

The really irritating this is that Amber alerts make the same noise as weather alerts, which is much more important to me.  It's not like I'm going to find a missing child in my living room.

Just now, mlooney said:

The really irritating this is that Amber alerts make the same noise as weather alerts, which is much more important to me.  It's not like I'm going to find a missing child in my living room.

...  unless they're hiding from the same tornado?

8 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

...  unless they're hiding from the same tornado?

They might have problems with my locked doors.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

They might have problems with my locked doors.

This is why you should teach your children to pick locks, in case they get abducted and have to flee a tornado.

1 minute ago, Darth Fluffy said:

This is why you should teach your children to pick locks, in case they get abducted and have to flee a tornado.

If I had children I might teach them that.  It's been 30 some odd years since I've picked a lock, not sure I could do it any more.

I have a headache that is not responding to my current allowed drugs.  I have body aches more than my normal "I'm an old fart" level.  I'm humming birding and can't stay focused on one task.  We have a 70% chance of rain staring about 1:30.  I'm sure all of these things are related.

It's raining again.  Forecast to last until 5-6 PM.  My headache is manageable, but still there.  Going to take a nap, maybe watch videos in bed, maybe read some data sheets, assuming I can deal with the light from the tablet.  This has not been a good day so far.

It's forecast to stop raining in about an hour. Then I have to deal with the front leaving. The rest of the week looks good. Wish this headache would go away. First long term migraine in a while.

My mellow has been harshed.  I just banged the ever-loving [redacted] out of my right knee.  Taken meds and am going to laydown for a while to take weight off of it.

Today seems like it might be a good day.  Of course yesterday started that way, but ended with knee pain and headache.  The front has moved on, so I shouldn't have any weather related issues.

On 5/18/2022 at 10:14 AM, mlooney said:

So, I decided to go watch Top Gear on Amazon Prime.  It's not free any more.  Really cheesed of by that.  Let's see what's on Netflix

I've just learned, via cracked.com of all things, that Top Gear is coming to Netflix which might explain why it's not free on Amazon prime any more.

Taking an early nap yesterday messed up my sleep schedule. I need to keep that in mind when I decide to crash about 2 in the afternoon.

My refrigerator just started making noises when the compressor is in use.  I hope that this isn't an indication that it's about to fail. 

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

Taking an early nap yesterday messed up my sleep schedule. I need to keep that in mind when I decide to crash about 2 in the afternoon.

It’s more important that you get to sleep when you need it rather than according to arbitrary scheduling, unless you have appointments that you would end up missing.