• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

If I start getting multiples in at a time I'll call the rental agent and see if I can get an exterminator.  I can't afford to call one my self.  I suspect that an exterminator costs more than my emergency fund.

If you are renting, the owner should take care of this. If they choose not to, your municipality might force them to.

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

If you are renting, the owner should take care of this. If they choose not to, your municipality might force them to.

I'm renting and if it turns into a bigger problem than just being annoying I'll contact the rental agent and get it taken care of.

33 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm renting and if it turns into a bigger problem than just being annoying I'll contact the rental agent and get it taken care of.

Bear in mind that wasps are venomous, a single sting can be fatal to someone who is allergic, if you let it go, you might be found to be culpable if you have an incident where a delivery person gets stung if you let it slide. A massive number can be fatal even without allergies, a hive will have a massive number, and that hive may be in your attic, crawl space, or walls - otherwise, why are they coming into your house? The flip side of that is, if they are external, and they are coming in, what is attracting them, and can you eliminate it?

On 6/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, mlooney said:

Some how wasps are getting into the house.  I get one or two a day for the last week or so.  Avoided being stung so far and have killed all of them.  Not sure how they are getting into the house.

A few years ago we had problems with wasps getting into our motorhome, probably one or two a day. (Eventually I figured out how - via the vent for the fan over the stove - and applied some mesh screening.) It was summer, of course, so usually the door was open all day - so if a wasp landed on the screen door, it was easier for me to shoo the thing outside than to kill it.

And one day I learned that a wasp had gotten in the house when it flew a complete circle around my head, buzzing as loud as it knew how, and then flew straight to the screen door.

I laughed and said "You've been here before, haven't you?" And let the bug out.

I don't have a screen door and if if I did it's too damn hot to have doors and/or windows open, so wasps that make it into the house, from where ever they are coming from get squashed.

I read a comment on a Ewe Toob video and, foolishly, checked it out

The comment was lamenting what came up if you searched for the Swedish National Anthem

When I looked, the first two results were Du gamla, Du fria, Du fjällhöga nord

But the third result was 

Dansa med oss, klappa era händer
Gör som vi gör, ta några steg åt vänster
Lyssna och lär, missa inte chansen
Nu är vi här med caramelldansen

I can't say I'm surprised.  I once bought a cassette tape claiming to be National Anthems of the World.  And this was a physical tape make by humans and sold in a store.  Not the result of some algorithm.  This tape I had to buy with actual money said the National Anthem of Australia was Waltzing Matilda.

Edit:  If the salute the song inspires involves imitating cat ears, it is probably not a national anthem . . . 

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Oops

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The comment was lamenting what came up if you searched for the Swedish National Anthem

Dansa med oss, klappa era händer
Gör som vi gör, ta några steg åt vänster
Lyssna och lär, missa inte chansen
Nu är vi här med caramelldansen

What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

As I've mentioned before, I download and make PDF of Worldwide Equipment Guides, which are what the US army thinks we may encounter as equipment of either opposing forces or allied forces, so we need to know some data about them so we can train.  I'm getting these for a ground based wargame.  I was ignoring things that were designed to be anti-ship missiles as that out of scope for the game.  Then Russia started using ASM against ground targets.  Now I have a whole other class of weapon I need to deal with and 50ish data sheets to get.  Meh, it's only going to add about an hour to the download sequence, one new rule and 50 or so groups of  game stats.  Need to do something other than veg and watch Mythbusters of an afternoon anyway.

I'm so glad today was more or less cool and cloudy.  Don't think I want to deal with a migraine when it's hot and bright.  With any luck this will break by morning.

47 minutes ago, mlooney said:

There is a car alarm going off across the street.  Really irritating 

And it's off.  Took long enough

I woke up 4 something this morning.  Decided to actually get up.  I've now competed all my normal morning tasks, to include taking my meds.  Not sure what to do for the rest of the morning as I don't feel like watching videos.  Might work on Project X for a while.

I haven't turned on my laptop in about 6 weeks.  Everything wants to update plus I made 40,000 (more or less) changes to my Dropbox account.  The machine has been dead in the water with 100% disk usage for the last couple of hours.  Dropbox claims between 2 and 5 hours, depending, to finish. Glad I did it today instead of on game day at the game location.

It's a real pain in the ass to walk some one through logging on to Discord the first time when they are barely computer literate.  Took just shy of 23 minutes.  Hopefully they can log back in tomorrow for game.

On 7/2/2022 at 4:16 PM, mlooney said:

It's a real pain in the ass to walk some one through logging on to Discord the first time when they are barely computer literate.  Took just shy of 23 minutes.  Hopefully they can log back in tomorrow for game.

Have you tried any of the RPG game remote frameworks? I am looking at them on Steam (some on sale this week) and wondering if they are a good idea. The Fantasy Grounds one looks good, but appears to charge a lot for every rule tweak DLC.

20 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Have you tried any of the RPG game remote frameworks? I am looking at them on Steam (some on sale this week) and wondering if they are a good idea. The Fantasy Grounds one looks good, but appears to charge a lot for every rule tweak DLC.

We've looked at Roll20, but my maps are just PDF and making them into a usable Roll20 map would be more work than I want.  Plus, given the problems I had with setting up Discord, I don't want to think about setting up Roll20 with my group.

I've been living my laptop open after I did my massive update an Dropbox change Saturday.  Some how, Explorer manage to adjust the screen intensity.  Looking at the keyboard that was an strange set of keys to press with her feet.  They are rather far apart, yet not far enough apart for her front and back feet to hit at the same time.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Some how, Explorer manage to adjust the screen intensity.  Looking at the keyboard that was an strange set of keys to press with her feet

And this was the manipulation she allowed you to discover.  

What is she typing when you are not looking?

59 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And this was the manipulation she allowed you to discover.  

What is she typing when you are not looking?

No wonder you post so much about your cat.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

No wonder you post so much about your cat.

I post photos of Explorer as therapy.  It's one of the things that gets me out of bed every morning.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I post photos of Explorer as therapy.  It's one of the things that gets me out of bed every morning.

Got ya. The twisted PoV was that she was posting her own pictures.

29 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Got ya. The twisted PoV was that she was posting her own pictures.

Well, she doesn't have thumbs, so using the camera would be tricky.  She does bat the mouse around some times, so it's possible that she could use the bookmarks on the bookmark bar to get here.  Then, of course, is the problem of typing with paws.  So I let her dictate to me what's going on.