• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

I am getting too efficient at doing my morning tasks.  I woke up about 7:00 AM and I'm already done with them.  Need to add somethings to the list of things I do every morning as to not be bored at 9:00.  

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

I am getting too efficient at doing my morning tasks.  I woke up about 7:00 AM and I'm already done with them.  Need to add somethings to the list of things I do every morning as to not be bored at 9:00.  

I'd like to have that 'problem'.

For some one with bi-polar disorder, just going back to bed isn't really a good idea.  For some one with ADHD, not doing any thing really isn't an option as well.  It's not really a major problem but it is annoying.

In addition to chores and other responsibilities, I have a lot of hobbies, including a huge backlog of books/tvshows/movies/videogames/etc. that I want to get around to (and I add to that list faster than I can go through them); as a result the only time I'm not busy is when I'm deliberately taking a break, am too indecisive to decide what to do, or too low energy to do much of anything at all (and even then if I don't want to sleep, I can usually find something not-particularly-involving to read or watch to occupy my mind). Outside of a handful of times where the only things I wanted to do I didn't have time for (or I wasn't able to do for some other reason), I don't think I've been bored in years.

Bored isn't quite the word, but "not quite interested enough in the things I need to do, so I veg" takes too long to type.  It's not so much boredom but a lack of desire to do any thing that is the problem.  It comes and goes.                              

I had a 2 hour long panic. Though that my ride to get my meds from the mental health clinic was scheduled at 11:00. It wasn't it was set for 1:00. Freaked right out until they showed. Really my own fault for not entering it in my scheduling program. Still used more spoons that normal for just getting my drugs. I'm still thinking about taking an anti-anxiety pill. If I don't calm down in 10 minutes or so I'm doing that. Of course that also means I'm not doing anything productive for the next 6-10 hours.

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Might want to talk to your doctor about getting a different (or lower dose) anti-anxiety pill that is less disruptive than the anxiety.

I don't take them often enough to matter. I've taken, including yesterday's, a total of 4 doses in the last 2 years which may explain why they hit with a ton of bricks, I'm not used to them.

42 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I don't take them often enough to matter. I've taken, including yesterday's, a total of 4 doses in the last 2 years which may explain why they hit with a ton of bricks, I'm not used to them.

What are they, anyway, if you don't mind sharing? I'm on lorazepam, 0.5mg, 3x a day. I have a tendency to miss my noontime dose.

4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

What are they, anyway, if you don't mind sharing? I'm on lorazepam, 0.5mg, 3x a day. I have a tendency to miss my noontime dose.

Hydroxyzine.  I was on lorazepam but my current shrink tends to shy away from it.  The fact that I'm not in a place where I get stressors means I don't really need any thing really strong, but 25mg of hydroxyzine will still knock me for a loop, 

From the moment of the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Charles III has been King

This would have happened regardless of what ever else might have been done or left undone

There are dozens of announcements, ceremonies, oaths & rituals that will confirm this right up until the formal Coronation sometime next year

None of them are absolutely necessary

Symbolically, they tie the modern Monarchy and Government to their medieval roots

In some ways, it is like watching a Renaissance Fair

At least, that is what the conformist media would have us believe

In the United States, there are a lot of rituals and procedures to be observed following a Presidential election.  Most of which have been utterly unnecessary since the invention of the telegraph

In 2020-21, supporters of a losing presidential candidate in a particularly bitter election attempted to usurp the results by disrupting several of these procedures that should have been little more than rubber stamping a spreadsheet

I am worried that there are some in UK and/or Commonwealth who may attempt to change the monarch, or even overthrow the monarchy, by disrupting some of these rituals

I've finished the download part of Project X. I've modified the data entry script to massage the data to the way that Tractics wants it. I've tested the script, it works well enough. Now "all" I've got to do is enter the data. There are 1473 entries in the "land" domain, which granted not all are relevant to Project X, but most are. And a good 50-75% of the entries have "variants" to add to the database. I'm going to punt and start tomorrow on the real data entry. Watching videos for a while.

10 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Procrastination

It's the hardest part of any project to finish - you're just never done...

It's not just procrastination, which, granted, plays a part, but I've been having executive dysfunction really bad the last month or so.  Can't really start any thing.  Can't even watch longer videos.  More than slightly sucks.

When you're so close to getting your untamed wilderness of a backyard finally trimmed down to the height of a functional yard only for your lawnmower battery to completely die to the point where it is unable to charge, leaving you with your lawn stuck at two different heights and no way to fix that without spending at least two-hundred fifty bucks that you don't have.

Despite the fact that I went to bed in the early afternoon, I didn't get to sleep until 10:00 PM, with no naps.  Woke up at 3:00, took 30 minutes to get back to being sleepy. Took another 15 or so minutes to actually fall asleep.  Woke up and got out of bed at 8:00.  I feel like shit when I was up at 3:00 I did most of my morning things, leaving me with no "veg out" options for today.  I'm going shopping this morning, then, depending on spoon count, might just crash for a mid day nap.  Really go to talk to my shrink about my screwed up sleeping schedule.

I'm really getting tired of being tired of an afternoon.  Enough so that I might want to take a sleep study and find out if I'm really getting enough sleep. My brother says I snore quite loudly, which is a sign of sleep apnea.  However I don't fall asleep of an after noon, I just run out of energy.  Regardless going to bed to watch videos, read and/or nap.

Hurricane headed more or less this way; we're projected to get 40 mph winds and much rain. If it stays west of us ...

Can't believe Canada got hit. When's the last time that happened?

Not exactly annoying, but the current situation is.

One of the things I've been liking of late is having a lot of covers on me, giving some weight to what is on me, however it gets hot that way. I just ordered a weighted blanket to see how that does.