• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

48 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, I suspect that as well.  Hopefully they will get it fix today.

They found another problem, and are getting the replacement part now

Latest failure find on the furnace. The blower motor is what caused the whole issue to start with. It's sucked from the beginning. They need to get it approved though the rental agent to replace and "may take a day or two". FML

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Latest failure find on the furnace. The blower motor is what caused the whole issue to start with. It's sucked from the beginning. They need to get it approved though the rental agent to replace and "may take a day or two". FML

So it needs to go from “suck” to “blow”?

Internal temperature is rising at about 1 degree per 3 minutes, more or less.  I'm still going back to bed in a few, but I'll be turning the electric heater down.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Internal temperature is rising at about 1 degree per 3 minutes, more or less.  I'm still going back to bed in a few, but I'll be turning the electric heater down.

We need a thumbs up response.

My web host has taken my money (via PayPal and my debit cards shows it as "cash payment", not "pending cash payment") for my SSL cert.  It's still pending.  If it's still pending tomorrow, I'm opening up a tech support ticket with them.

It is taking far too long for my web hosting company to install an SSL cert.  I've paid for it, the payment has cleared and it's been "pending" for 2 and a half days now.  I've already submitted a tech support ticket.  Grr.

10 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have a headache that isn't responding to generic Tylenol. It's 6 hours now so I can take another dose, 

Easy to OD on Tylenol, be careful.

28 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So the manager of my gym asks if I had any questions.  I ask him "Heat Death or Big Rip?" He had no idea what I was talking about.

If there are limits on what I may ask, don't broadly ask me "Any questions?"

I have asked similar non-sequiturs.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

GoComics has been down for the last 3 days.  Not Happy about that.  Hope they get it fixed soon.

It has been several days and they are still down.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
Spelling

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So the manager of my gym asks if I had any questions.  I ask him "Heat Death or Big Rip?" He had no idea what I was talking about.

Nothing is going to increase to infinity in a finite amount of time.

However, it may increase to close enough to infinity that the difference doesn't matter to anyone (or, in this case, there can't be anyone for it to matter to).

I occasionally use the term "functionally infinite" - meaning yeah, there's a finite limit to that, but you're never going to hit that finite limit because you'll hit this other finite limit much, much sooner.

Heat death is actually the most optimistic scenario, since it allows for life to persist the longest. Even after all stars run out of fuel and there is no longer enough hydrogen and helium to produce new ones, technological species can still produce usable energy by feeding what is left to black holes until protons themselves decay away.

The Big Rip, on the other hand, produces a fascinating symmetry to the universe—the final state of ultra-rapid expansion is mathematically identical to the inflationary stage in the Big Bang. This suggests an eternal cycle, in which inflation slows to allow matter to form, then after a time accelerates again and rips it apart, only to begin again.

The next door neighbor is cutting wood on his table saw. Neither Explorer nor I am are thrilled by this. . Between cuts he's hammering nails. Actually not gruntled at all

I went out on my weekly food run and had a blood draw and pee sample for my kidney doctor. When I got home, I dropped a gallon of milk causing it to break. So I ended up going to another store to get more milk (and because it's mainly a dairy store, got some sherbet). This took all my spoons, so I've taken an anti-anxiety drug and am going to crash, even though it's only a little after noon.