• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Well, I just talked to the supervisor of the roofing crew.  They aren't doing the last bit of the roof today due to weather today and tomorrow.  Thursday it the target date.  They are "capping" the parts they have done, what ever that is, today.

'Capping' sounds like sealing the peak of the roof. Maybe also making sure all the protrusion flanges are sealed. You want them to get that stuff right, that's where the failures occur.

8 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

'Capping' sounds like sealing the peak of the roof. Maybe also making sure all the protrusion flanges are sealed. You want them to get that stuff right, that's where the failures occur.

Yeah, based on what noises that they were making I suspect that was what they were doing. Still wish they would just finish this.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Annoying?  Perhaps.

But a sweeper after roof work is often appreciated by tires.

The roof work debris field never got close to the road.  And they sweep just next to the curb, which means that if your tires are in danger you are driving too close to edge of the road.

I just stood up and twisted my right foot.  No reason, it just decided that it needed to bend inward.  Gonna get out the ice pack from the freezer, take some analgesics and lay down for a while.

For reason I don't understand, Chrome decided to start acting weird, and stayed that way after a full purge of the program and re-install.   Fixed it by loading Chrome Beta.  Meh.

Amazon has changed their "track package" thing to always show the map with your house marked on it, regardless of how far away the truck is, as apposed to the former method of showing the map when the truck was close.  I do not approve of this change.  This only applies to where Amazon is the delivery service, just FWIW.

I suspect that I'm going to need to change my pillow use or how I sleep as I've had neck pain pretty much every morning for the last week or so.  I'm at the age where I can't even sleep right to avoid pain.  No one told me about this aspect of being a senior citizen.   

Random bit of irritation.  On my microwave entering time is not the same for time cook as it is for kitchen timer.  To enter 4 minutes on time cook is <time cook>4 0 0<start>  On kitchen timer it's <kitchen timer>0 4<start>.  Why not the same UI?

On 3/5/2023 at 11:56 AM, mlooney said:

Random bit of irritation.  On my microwave entering time is not the same for time cook as it is for kitchen timer.  To enter 4 minutes on time cook is <time cook>4 0 0<start>  On kitchen timer it's <kitchen timer>0 4<start>.  Why not the same UI?

Indeed.

I have body aches for no apparent reason.  Next rain front isn't forecast until Saturday.  I slept well.  Haven't banged any body parts into the desk.  This random aches and pains bit of growing old is starting to chap my buns.

32 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I have body aches for no apparent reason.  Next rain front isn't forecast until Saturday.  I slept well.  Haven't banged any body parts into the desk.  This random aches and pains bit of growing old is starting to chap my buns.

My legs hurt. Gonna go back to bed. I'll be damned if I know why they hurt, other than just being old.

Sunday, during my D&D game, my glasses broke (the right lens came out).  While I found the screw I didn't have  driver small enough to put it back in, so I ordered a eyeglass repair thing from Amazon.  It came into day and I spent 30 some odd minutes trying to get the new screw into the glasses, and failing.  I looked at the left side and found that I was doing it upside down and that the screw head was on the bottom of the glasses.  Did that and it went together the first time.  Looking at them, the hinge screw come in from the top and the ones that hold the lenses in place come in from the bottom.  Not quite sure I understand why they do that, but if I need to repair them again, I'll know.

Yahoo! Mail lost its mind today, Wouldn't let me in. Gave me an error message, saying, "too many redirects - try deleting your cookies."

Oh, no. The cookiepocalypse. All my saved logins have to be recreated now, just because Yahoo! Mail is barfing. Joy.

13 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Yahoo! Mail lost its mind today, Wouldn't let me in. Gave me an error message, saying, "too many redirects - try deleting your cookies."

Oh, no. The cookiepocalypse. All my saved logins have to be recreated now, just because Yahoo! Mail is barfing. Joy.

Can't you delete just your Yahoo cookies?

1 minute ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I don't have that fine-grained control over cookies. It's either all or nothing.

That is annoying. I don't know if I do or don't; I suspect I could find the cookie files and delete them individually, but they may be bundled into a database. Back in the day, the philosophy was to keep it simple so you could find and delete them, if needed.