• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

On 2/11/2024 at 7:59 PM, ChronosCat said:

First of all, sorry to hear about your troubles, mlooney; you have my sympathy.

Now on to a much less serious annoying thing:

I'm a fairly big Godzilla fan, and I like to have physical media for my entertainment when possible. As a result I have collected DVDs and/or Blu-Rays of every Godzilla movie to have an official English-subtitled release - which is to say, every Godzilla movie except the anime "Monster Planet" trilogy released in 2017 & 2018. That trilogy was released on DVD & Blu-Ray in Japan shortly after their initial releases, but of course those discs don't have English subtitles. As far as I can tell, even years later the only way to see the English translation legally is by streaming them on Netflix.

As I've mentioned before, my internet is too limited for doing much if any streaming, and so long as that's the case there's no way I'm paying for a streaming service. This means that if I want to see the Monster Planet trilogy and understand what's being said, I'll need to visit my sister and ask to use her internet and the Neflix account she's sharing with a friend... or wait and hope that one of these years they'll finally do US Blu-Ray release. (Well technically I could also try learning Japanese, but I don't really want to learn another language just to watch anime & monster movies.)

Have you given the idea of green parrot copy of them any credence?

As the adding insult to injury part of my Bad Day I bricked my Chromebook.  I got a new cheap Chromebook and have discovered that it really doesn't have a camera app.  This is actually a good thing as I now have to get out of bed to take photos of Explorer.  I could use the tablet, but it's Discord app is sub-optimal and making browsers use the web based version of Facebook is a bit of a pain.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Have you given the idea of green parrot copy of them any credence?

Green parrot...? As in "arr, shiver me timbers"?

I wouldn't knowingly pay for such a thing except as a last resort, and if it's going to be digital I'd need to be somewhere with good internet access anyway, so I'd want to see about the possibility of using my sister's internet and her friend's Netflix account first.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:59 PM, ChronosCat said:

. . . I'm a fairly big Godzilla fan, . . .

Seems apropos. Exactly how large are you? Do we need to warn the air traffic control folks in your region?

3 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Do we need to warn the air traffic control folks in your region?

Nah; like Jet Jaguar and Zone Fighter, I'm only gigantic when I need to be.

There is a cherry picker working on the apartment building across the street.  About half the time it's in reverse or doing something else that triggers that beeping backing up noise.  Driving me and Explorer a bit mad.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:29 AM, mlooney said:

There is a cherry picker working on the apartment building across the street.  About half the time it's in reverse or doing something else that triggers that beeping backing up noise.  Driving me and Explorer a bit mad.

The beeping noise from the cherry picker across the street is back.  It's still irritating the hell out of me and Explorer

19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Are you irritated that Explorer beat you under the bed and now she won't share?  

Not really.  It's not that comfortable for a human.  

The fucking beep is back.  Explorer is hiding in the bedroom and I'm getting more than a little piss off about the whole thing.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

The fucking beep is back.  Explorer is hiding in the bedroom and I'm getting more than a little piss off about the whole thing.

They seems to have stopped, but that might just be lunch time.