• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Just had a pair of police officers ask about them.

Good Lord. With this kind of progression, you'll soon be seeing the FBI, the NSA, Secret Service and eventually the Men in Black. :icon_eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

How would he know whether or not he has encountered the MiB?

Well, if he hasn't encountered anyone wearing black, he obviously hasn't met the Men in Black yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the MIB  types show up, I hope the flashy thing deals with headaches.  I've got one that isn't bad enough for /strong/ drugs, but is bad enough to make it suck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just spent 19 minutes and 25 seconds on the phone to get my Cox service changed to internet only.  At least 7 of those minutes were in total silence while the lady worked on getting my account changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Amazon.

Yes, I bought an electric bike. That means, for a while any way, that I will not be buying another one. You can stop with the emails showing me each and every one you sell.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

When, I ask, is "end of the day" according to FedEx? My bike is supposed to be here by then.

Well, foo.  Now it's end of day tomorrow.  Not fully gruntled by this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

When, I ask, is "end of the day" according to FedEx? My bike is supposed to be here by then.

 

20 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Well, foo.  Now it's end of day tomorrow.  Not fully gruntled by this

"Barcode label unreadable and replaced"

OK.  Never seen FedEx do that before.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mlooney said:

When, I ask, is "end of the day" according to FedEx? My bike is supposed to be here by then.

 

53 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Well, foo.  Now it's end of day tomorrow.  Not fully gruntled by this

 

33 minutes ago, mlooney said:

"Barcode label unreadable and replaced"

OK.  Never seen FedEx do that before.

Maybe they were Sleep-Shipping?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the bike. Assembled the bike. Put air in tires. Now charging the battery because bike no go. I hope it's due to an under charged battery, not any thing else. Removing the battery to charge the battery requires that the seat be removed. This is less than ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Got the bike. Assembled the bike. Put air in tires. Now charging the battery because bike no go. I hope it's due to an under charged battery, not any thing else. Removing the battery to charge the battery requires that the seat be removed. This is less than ideal.

If that's really necessary, it's bad design. Something that is going to be that common, shouldn't require disassembly. Consider installing a hinge under the seat so you can get the battery out more easily, or putting the battery back in rotated 90 degrees so you can hook the charger up without removing the battery, or...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

If that's really necessary, it's bad design. Something that is going to be that common, shouldn't require disassembly. Consider installing a hinge under the seat so you can get the battery out more easily, or putting the battery back in rotated 90 degrees so you can hook the charger up without removing the battery, or...

Actually you can charge the battery while it is attached, as long as you turn it off at the battery as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Actually you can charge the battery while it is attached, as long as you turn it off at the battery as well.

But you still have to remove the seat to remove the battery.  Which makes locking the bike out side and just taking the battery inside trickier than it should be.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to bed. Yeah, it's not even 18:00 (6 pm) yet but I'm wiped out. Putting together the bike and then having it not really work took it all out of me. I'm going to let the battery fully charge, as in keep it charging all night, then if it doesn't work then, well, I've got 431 minutes on my phone right now and I'm willing to use at least 300 of them on line with tech support, starting at 8:00 AM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm going to bed. Yeah, it's not even 18:00 (6 pm) yet but I'm wiped out. Putting together the bike and then having it not really work took it all out of me. I'm going to let the battery fully charge, as in keep it charging all night, then if it doesn't work then, well, I've got 431 minutes on my phone right now and I'm willing to use at least 300 of them on line with tech support, starting at 8:00 AM.

And I can't sleep.   Going to find a dead tree sleep aid and see if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found out that my bike lamp is broken.  Actually the mount is broken, it is still a light.  This really doesn't matter until later in the fall when it starts getting darker early in the day.  Got a replacement in my wish list, which will be filled come next month.  I just hope that I have a functional bike to attach it to then, and I'm not waiting on repairs or shipping it back to California.  Ironically the maker of the bike is only about a 90 minute drive from here, but I don't know if I can take it there directly.  Will find out about that in the morning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK it's not a low charge on the battery.  Their tech supports opens in an hour.  I have an alarm set to call them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

OK it's not a low charge on the battery.  Their tech supports opens in an hour.  I have an alarm set to call them.

 

Talked to the tech for the bike. He thinks it's the controller, might be the throttle, so he is sending me both of those to replace and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 7:54 PM, mlooney said:

I just found out that my bike lamp is broken.  Actually the mount is broken, it is still a light. 

Just got the replacement lamp and batteries.  Thanks some one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, mlooney said:

Talked to the tech for the bike. He thinks it's the controller, might be the throttle, so he is sending me both of those to replace and see what happens.

The parts for my bike were shipped out yesterday, so 3-5 business days later I should have them. I really hope that the controller fixes it, as that is the easiest one to replace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now