• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

If you can and haven't already, install a third-party-script blocker. I use uBlock Origin, but I have no idea if it's available for Chrome on ChromeOS.

Same for a flash blocker, if Chrome supports Flash. There, I use the creatively-named FlashBlock (same qualifier).

Just now, Don Edwards said:

If you can and haven't already, install a third-party-script blocker. I use uBlock Origin, but I have no idea if it's available for Chrome on ChromeOS.

Same for a flash blocker, if Chrome supports Flash. There, I use the creatively-named FlashBlock (same qualifier).

I run Ublock origin and to the best of my knowledge Chrome on ChromeOS doesn't do flash.  

I'm a bit confused. Firefox, on Godzilla, my Linux work station thinks I live in Canada and only allows Canada and UK as language options. Which is weird because the locale is set to LANG=en_US.UTF-8 on Godzilla. In fact I don't have any thing set to non US settings, so I don't know where it's picking that up from. This only matters on spell check, which I depend on, to be honest.

19 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm a bit confused. Firefox, on Godzilla, my Linux work station thinks I live in Canada and only allows Canada and UK as language options. Which is weird because the locale is set to LANG=en_US.UTF-8 on Godzilla. In fact I don't have any thing set to non US settings, so I don't know where it's picking that up from. This only matters on spell check, which I depend on, to be honest.

It should still allow it, you could be an ex pat, or visiting.

Quick Google check thinks it's one of the extensions you're running.

27 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It should still allow it, you could be an ex pat, or visiting.

Quick Google check thinks it's one of the extensions you're running.

I'll turn off every thing but ublock origin but there is no way I'm turning off my ad blocker.  See what that does.

Just a test of resetting my Firefox stuff to make it think I'm an American

Center Centre Humor Humour.

Nope still thinks I'm Canadian and/or British.

28 minutes ago, mlooney said:
Just a test of resetting my Firefox stuff to make it think I'm an American

Center Centre Humor Humour.

Nope still thinks I'm Canadian and/or British.

OK, I've removed even the command line tools that are British and Canadian and "poof" I'm an American.  That's weird.

11 minutes ago, mlooney said:

OK, I've removed even the command line tools that are British and Canadian and "poof" I'm an American.  That's weird.

Really weird. Seems that my local word list wasn't effected by removing the UK/Canada files. Proof: Hurty/hurty isn't red lined.  Hurty and hurty were added to my local word list due to my habit of posting "Brain Hurty" or "brain hurty" posts on the book of faces.

They are replacing the floor in two of the rooms of the other side of the house.  They are making a lot of weird noises and thumps.  Explorer the Cat is Not Happy With This.

5 minutes ago, mlooney said:

They are replacing the floor in two of the rooms of the other side of the house.  They are making a lot of weird noises and thumps.  Explorer the Cat is Not Happy With This.

Really Loud weird noises right now.  The cat is freaking right the hell out.

42 minutes ago, mlooney said:

36 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Really Loud weird noises right now.  The cat is freaking right the hell out.

They are using a power tool that makes a high pitch whine.  Explorer has moved into the kitchen, the farthest she can get from the noise. 

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

They are using a power tool that makes a high pitch whine.  Explorer has moved into the kitchen, the farthest she can get from the noise. 

They seem to be done or at least not making weird noises.  Explorer has returned to the bed room but is very skittish and is alternating between next to me or in her box. 

22 minutes ago, mlooney said:

They seem to be done or at least not making weird noises.  Explorer has returned to the bed room but is very skittish and is alternating between next to me or in her box. 

Not done, but now using what sounds like hand saws.  Explorer seems to be over the freaking out stage.

29 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Slacker

I have been able to maintain a low level freak out since I was eight years old

Well she is a cat.  Not known for long term freakouts.

The floor people are back, working on the room "next" to my kitchen.  They also don't seem to understand the question "Are you going to be pounding on the floor".  I was told they weren't.  They are.

23 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The floor people are back, working on the room "next" to my kitchen.  They also don't seem to understand the question "Are you going to be pounding on the floor".  I was told they weren't.  They are.

Now using the high pitch whine tool. I'm overjoyed by this whole thing.1

1Not really overjoyed by this.

26 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Now using the high pitch whine tool. I'm overjoyed by this whole thing.1

1Not really overjoyed by this.

And they are doing it in both rooms, the one by my bedroom and the one by the kitchen.  Not really possible to avoid it.   If I, or Explorer, sit in the living room, we hear the work in both rooms.  I've decided, as has Explorer, that the bed room is the best option because it's got the comfy bed.   I really hope they finish today, I'm not looking forward to any more of this crap.

I've had my cleaning lady by today, and just had the exterminator by.  That's about my level of letting people into the house for a day.  Explorer the Cat was Not Happy when the bug guy moved her current hiding place to spray. She has gotten over it and is now on the desk making it hard for me to type.

I am out of spoons.  I'm letting the stuff that the bug guy sprayed down dry over night and I'll put the kitchen back together in the morning.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

I've had my cleaning lady by today, and just had the exterminator by.  That's about my level of letting people into the house for a day.  Explorer the Cat was Not Happy when the bug guy moved her current hiding place to spray. She has gotten over it and is now on the desk making it hard for me to type.

He's the competition.