• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

The lawn people are doing my lawn right now.  Not that it really needed it yet but they are out there with driving mowers and weed wackers.  EtC freaked out when they started up and ran away into the kitchen.  I have a sinus headache going on right now and the dust they are kicking up isn't making it any better, plus the sound isn't helping.

I'm surprised that they are doing this as we are under a stay at home state wide lock down and they aren't wearing masks or any thing.

Well, yeah, it is surprising, because it is the beginning of pollen season and allergies. Maybe too early further north, we are already getting the chartreuse dust on cars.

I don't think they're particularly at risk doing lawns, except maybe from each other. Do they bill electronically, or do you have to hand the boss cash each time?

The thing I would not want to be right now is a retail worker. Too strapped to not work, and in close proximity to too many people all day. Can't be good.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Do they bill electronically, or do you have to hand the boss cash each time?

Neither, they are paid by the rental company, which is why I never know when they are going to show up.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Neither, they are paid by the rental company, which is why I never know when they are going to show up.

Still good, you don't have to interact with them.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:
2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Still good, you don't have to interact with them.

Yeah, that is pretty much how I feel about them.

Since I had my lawn work done, somebody with in close ear shot has done their lawn every day as well.  Saturday was the worse with my next door to the east neighbour doing theirs, which was loud enough to make EtC go and hide for a while.  Right now the vacant lot across the  street is being done and they need to get a muffler on their riding lawn mower.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Since I had my lawn work done, somebody with in close ear shot has done their lawn every day as well.  Saturday was the worse with my next door to the east neighbour doing theirs, which was loud enough to make EtC go and hide for a while.  Right now the vacant lot across the  street is being done and they need to get a muffler on their riding lawn mower.

Today has been warm enough to have my window open, however it's apparently also been nice enough of a day for the street cleaners to be out doing their thing. Mind you with the low level of traffic due to people staying home except for going out to get groceries, it's probably the best time to do street maintenance.

Though there's also this one guy that's been going back and forth through town on a lawn tractor towing a roller behind him so there's that noise too.

My next door neighbor decided it was time to mow the back yard, vs the front yard he did Saturday. Explorer took to the closet and is hiding behind the semi dead TV I have in there.

24 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Semi-dead?

I'm missing the remote control for it, so it's stuck on what input it can use.  Someday I have plans on making it a computer monitor...

18 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Did it watch what it was actually showing and lose the will to live?

No, I suspect not, just lost the remote.  Granted it did spend a lot of time showing "The Real Housewives of ...." when it was my mothers.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

No, I suspect not, just lost the remote.  Granted it did spend a lot of time showing "The Real Housewives of ...." when it was my mothers.

Kind of reminds me of my wife's old television, which she inherited from her mother. It was from 1990, 20 inch screen, a massive heavy box. It lasted until I bought her a brand new flat screen TV, 25 inch widescreen format. I had to take the old one to the dumpster and I could barely lift it. The new one? She managed it quite comfortably alone with one hand. We were both very amused.

14 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Kind of reminds me of my wife's old television, which she inherited from her mother. It was from 1990, 20 inch screen, a massive heavy box. It lasted until I bought her a brand new flat screen TV, 25 inch widescreen format. I had to take the old one to the dumpster and I could barely lift it. The new one? She managed it quite comfortably alone with one hand. We were both very amused.

My huge one I managed to unload on Best Buy, who was still recycling them. When I moved a year or two later, I found a couple of CRT monitors; Best Buy would no longer take them. The one involved an hour long trip to the dump. The second one, my son in law said, "Leave it on the lawn, someone will take it." Within two days it was gone.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The second one, my son in law said, "Leave it on the lawn, someone will take it." Within two days it was gone.

That happened with the TV set that my cat abandoning house neighbour left behind when he took off for where ever it is he went.  The cleaning lady put it at the curb and it was gone in less than 2 days, along with 2 chairs and a table.    

Around here (Silicon Valley), even the thieves won’t take CRT televisions or monitors—nor will the fracking waste disposal company take them.

3 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Around here (Silicon Valley), even the thieves won’t take CRT televisions or monitors—nor will the fracking waste disposal company take them.

I live in the middle of nowhere SE Kansas.  If it looks like it might work, some one will take it.

Mrs. Prof misplaced her credit card again. She does this on occasion, and it's a pain in the arse when it happens. It's probably buried under a stack of something left from the construction going on in our house, and she just can't find it. What's frustrating is that she's not going all-out to look for it. I'd be panicking, looking for it and calling my bank if I couldn't find it. Then again, I don't lose my credit card on a whim like she does.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

I just found out how Jehova's Shitnesses observe social distancing.

They call their victims on the phone.

They tried it on me.

I wasn't buying.

I got a piece of snail mail