• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I just found out how Jehova's Shitnesses observe social distancing.

They call their victims on the phone.

They tried it on me.

I wasn't buying.

My late mother dragged my unwitting ass through that cult from second grade through fifth grade. I was made a pariah by the rest of my school as a result. Anyway, I had to do the door-to-door shiat. I was brought along as well-dressed, well-behaved, cute "bait" for the victims potential members. My job was to stand put and shut up. I hated it.

49 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

My late mother dragged my unwitting ass through that cult from second grade through fifth grade. I was made a pariah by the rest of my school as a result. Anyway, I had to do the door-to-door shiat. I was brought along as well-dressed, well-behaved, cute "bait" for the victims potential members. My job was to stand put and shut up. I hated it.

I do not blame you. I despise them, especially for what they do to children.

Speaking of what they did to children, my paternal grandfather's parents were members of that group, and they also believed in Faith Healing over medical science, so they kept him at home severely ill for three years as a child. As a result, he missed so much school that he was unable to finish high school before being drafted into WWII, and always resented being denied a proper diploma instead of a G.E.D.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Speaking of what they did to children, my paternal grandfather's parents were members of that group, and they also believed in Faith Healing over medical science, so they kept him at home severely ill for three years as a child. As a result, he missed so much school that he was unable to finish high school before being drafted into WWII, and always resented being denied a proper diploma instead of a G.E.D.

Well yeah. I had a classmate whose parents were Witnesses. She was in a traffic accident. Rather than having her hospitalised so she could get a blood transfusion they kept her at home to pray over her.

That ended about as well as you might expect. My whole class was stunned.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Well yeah. I had a classmate whose parents were Witnesses. She was in a traffic accident. Rather than having her hospitalised so she could get a blood transfusion they kept her at home to pray over her.

And yet they persist. Yet another data point in favor of the notion that if there is intelligent life on Earth, it isn't us.

13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I was going to write that "if I'd still been a JW, the prohibition against transfusions would have killed me 10 years ago during my gastric bypass disaster," but then I doubt I'd have been allowed to get a gastric bypass. I probably would've committed suicide before I made it out of junior high school - the ostracization was that bad.

My left knee is giving me fits most nights.  It's not so painful that I have to use a pain killer of some sort, but it is enough to be a bother for a few minutes each night.  Truth be told during the 10-15 minutes it is hurting it hurts enough that I do want something for the pain, but it gets over it after I walk around a bit, sooner than most pain meds would kick in.  The problem with it is that it's difficult to predict when it's going to freak out on me. 

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

My left knee is giving me fits most nights.

I just smacked my left knee into my bedroom desk as I was getting my night time meds out.  I added OTC pain pills to my normal pills I take each night.  If it doesn't stop hurting in the next 30 minutes or so I'm putting a dose of the prescription analgesic cream I have on it.

They are adding new cabinets to the other side of the house.  So far all they have done is unload them from the truck, but I fully expect load banging noises any time now.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

They are adding new cabinets to the other side of the house.  So far all they have done is unload them from the truck, but I fully expect load banging noises any time now.

Either they aren't starting yet or I was mistaken about the noise it would make.  No banging and saw noises so far.  I'm counting that as a win.

10 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I woke up about 2:30 this morning. I think I can go back to sleep now. At any rate I'm going to try.

EtC was laying at the foot a my bed until I came back to it.  As soon as I laid down, she came up to me and laid down at my side.

I have a mid grade migraine that really isn't responding to my current OTC drugs. Of course today would be the day that they are ripping out the old cabinets and installing new ones in the other side of the house. Power tool noises and migraines don't mix well.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I have a mid grade migraine that really isn't responding to my current OTC drugs. Of course today would be the day that they are ripping out the old cabinets and installing new ones in the other side of the house. Power tool noises and migraines don't mix well.

EtC is in full on freak out mode from the noises being made on the other side of the house.

And they are back working on the other side of the house.   EtC went from being sleeping at my feet to being right up next to my face, freaking out.

They are painting/staining the new cabinets on the other side of the house.  I can smell the paint, but so far today it hasn't triggered a migraine.  Crossing my fingers that it doesn't 

Somebody has a very loud sound system in a car or van and is playing it with the doors shut, so only the bass notes are getting out.  Been doing it for about 30 minutes now and it's driving both me and Explorer the Cat nuts.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Somebody has a very loud sound system in a car or van and is playing it with the doors shut, so only the bass notes are getting out.  Been doing it for about 30 minutes now and it's driving both me and Explorer the Cat nuts.

I regularly report these idiots to the police Non-Emergency phone number. It's supremely satisfying to see a cruiser show up and catch someone in the act. Once, I saw four units respond - must have been something else going on. Put the fear of Cthulhu in them, though - that address never spawned another complaint.

17 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I regularly report these idiots to the police Non-Emergency phone number. It's supremely satisfying to see a cruiser show up and catch someone in the act. Once, I saw four units respond - must have been something else going on. Put the fear of Cthulhu in them, though - that address never spawned another complaint.

While this isn't the first time I've had this problem, it doesn't happen often enough to make an issue out of it. Plus it wasn't during what should be quiet hours.  I bitch, but I don't push it.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

While this isn't the first time I've had this problem, it doesn't happen often enough to make an issue out of it. Plus it wasn't during what should be quiet hours.  I bitch, but I don't push it.

There's a "loud car" ordinance in our city code. Can't be emitting more than a certain dB level from X feet away (I can't remember the specifics), regardless of the time of day. Got passed mainly because of "boom fests" that would happen at a certain car wash that was next door to a church. On Sunday mornings, no less.

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

There's a "loud car" ordinance in our city code. Can't be emitting more than a certain dB level from X feet away (I can't remember the specifics), regardless of the time of day. Got passed mainly because of "boom fests" that would happen at a certain car wash that was next door to a church. On Sunday mornings, no less.

I live in a small town in Kansas.  I suspect we don't have a "loud car" ordinance.  If they do it again soon I'll see about what I can do.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Because you are an informal social gathering for celebrating the life of a recently departed person and giving emotional support to the survivors?

It took me a second to get that. 

/me says you get an underline, several arrows and green star on your page in The List