• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

It's 85, feels like 93 right now.  I just returned from my monthly ATM/Credit Union trip.  I should have taken the e-bike.  I'm sweating like crazy and am out of breath.  Health weather covid risk is still at 76 but I didn't get close to anybody who wasn't wearing a mask.

My state (Texas) and Florida account for 40% of the new COVID hospitalizations across the country, according to the CDC today. Stupid gimboids in this state, both living in it and running it. I'm seriously considering getting COVID shot #3 due to my immune system condition after a month in the hospital for a stubborn infection.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Are they offering that?

They are to immuno-compromised people. I might fall into that category, considering that I'm overweight and that I've been on antibiotics for a month. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday with my primary care doc - I will be discussing the matter with him at that time. 

I just got a text from my job

Fred (the tropical depression, not Flintstone) is not expected to affect our operations next week

But they will keep monitoring

This is the annoying part of the storm

If it isn't going to hit, precautionary measures seriously interrupt business

It it does hit, precautionary measures mean the difference between business and no business

How can we blame this on Aaron Burr?

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

They are to immuno-compromised people. I might fall into that category, considering that I'm overweight and that I've been on antibiotics for a month. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday with my primary care doc - I will be discussing the matter with him at that time. 

Well, good luck then.  

2 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It it does hit, precautionary measures mean the difference between business and no business

Good luck!

32 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Well, it looks like Fred may not hit, but Tropical Storm Grace is on her way

Why did it have to be Grace?

Better hope that Grace isn't, you know, angry.

I just got a notice to vacate with a must move date of 9/30.  Called the rental agent, reason is the new owner is remodeling my side of the house.  They have a couple of places that I could move into.  I'm trying to get transportation so I can see them tomorrow.   One is within theoretical walking distance.  I just got back from walking to look a the outside of the place.  I'm riding the e-bike there next time however. Looks nice enough. Waiting on a callback from the rental agent to give me a walk through.  Might have to wait a few days for that.

Just got back from looking at the "new" place.  Needs cleaning more than my current place does, but the rental agent said it was going to be cleaned.  Have a tentative move in date of the 20th.  Now I just need to start packing and/or arranging for a packing and moving company.  I'm a lot less freaked out than I was even this morning.

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Good

Don't use up all your freak-out all at once.  Make sure you save some for later

Good plan.  I suspect I'm going to have several cases of freaking out to do during this move.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Good plan.  I suspect I'm going to have several cases of freaking out to do during this move.

Sorry to hear about the impending freak-out. Wish I could help. If you need anything, put it up on your Amazon wish list.

I really should be packing, but I've got a bad case of the blahs.  I've got 8 days and I'm only about 40% done.  Gonna try to get the rest of my books packed today, which will kick me up to 60% or more done.  Part of the problem is I really don't like making boxes from their flat form to box form.

10 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

A little C4 will inflate those boxes right away for you. :P

Don't have any C4.  And if I did I would have used it long ago.

The self inflicted damage that Facebook has done to themselves.   Not sure if I should post it here or in the "Things that make you happy" thread.

Hopefully I just had my last point of contact with the old place. I had to pick up a book that I preordered with the old address via Amazon. I could not find a way of changing the address of that order, so I just waited until I got the notification that it has been delivered then I rode the e-bike to get it.

Ok, my chromebook which for over two months had forced me to log in a a guest, is now letting me log in normally again which is good

But some of my passwords were changed and some websites seem to have lost my e-mail address so I can not reestablish my account

Do I really want to create a new user account on websites I only used occasionally in the first place?