• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

5 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

mlooney, have you tried swiping up from the bottom of the screen? It may make the buttons visible. (Or, maybe not.)

Just tried it.  Nope.  Most of the time I can hit the square button on the 1st or 2nd try any way.

There is a front rolling in, I feel like crap and my leg hurts. I'm going to take a nap. Downside, if I sleep too long I'm going to wake up way to early tomorrow. Deal with that if and when it comes up.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Grunt.  Several shows I want to watch are UK only.  Does anybody have a good VPN that has a UK server that isn't Nord?

Only a paid one, and I don't think you'd be able to take advantage of mine. Bitdefender.

It's 1:30 AM, (Christmas day, but hat doesn't matter)  more or less. I have migraine.  I have taken my migraine meds.  My keyboard is too loud.  When I have a migraine is the only time I don't like my model M.

It' 7:40 AM.  I can take another dose of my migraine meds in about 50 minutes.  I may do that, depending on how things go for the next chunk of time.

It's 2 oclock in the morning.  I have a slight hangover.  I don't need some rando racing their motorcycle engine up, then squealing away right now.

When installing a new USB webcam, it makes troubleshooting much easier if you make sure that the port on the USB hub didn't get turned off when you installed the camera.  LFMF

Has any one else noticed that technical (and military tech in particular) videos are being done via text to voice?  It's a bit odd hearing "1975" being said as "one thousand 9 hundred and seventy five" when it's a date.  Plus acronyms are frequently  mangled.   Its sorta the audio version of the uncanny valley.

It's winter break.  The kids in the other side of the house are staying for the week, or at least I assume they are, as they are here on a Monday which is not normally the case. They are making lots of noise and their grandmother (again assumed) is yelling at them at random.  This is less than optimal.

I just got a spam call with a number that indicated it was from Sweden, in English but text to voice. Told me that they noticed a possible fraudulent thing on my Amazon account. Didn't listen to it past that. Odd.

Falling is not fun

Just tripped on the bus on my way home from the gym

The aisle was blocked by passengers who could not or would not make room for someone carrying a gym bag

By the time I got to the stairs, the driver started moving

Result:  Newton was right

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

My office chair just broke.  I've ordered a new one.  Sitting in a padded wooden chair now.  I'm seeing a lot of "working" from my bed until the new one gets here.  Really less than pleased by this.

And I can't sit in the wooden chair with out killing my butt, even with a ton of seat cushions on it.  Back the office chair but not leaning back.

I've managed to block the office char from leaning back too far so I can sorta lean back and not kill my back while typing. Still less than optimal

I really need a new chair. The point where it was only sorta broken just snapped. I have to sit more or less leaning the left. Still better than using a wooden chair.  FedEx says it will be delivered on the 14th.  Amazon says January 20 - January 25  I'm hoping FedEx is right.

22 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Thanks to Einstein, even major corporations know time is relative

I shouldn't bitch too much.  They have it arriving on the 15th.  Amazon's delivery date is the 20th to the 26th.

19 hours ago, ijuin said:

Yeah, better tomorrow than a week from now.

FedEx is currently saying it's due by this evening, plus it's in Kansas now, so finger crossed.

FedEx just changed the status of my chair from "On Time" to "Delayed".  I suspect that I'm not getting it until Monday because I don't think FedEx Home delivers on Sundays.  Less than thrilled about this.