• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

I woke up, well, this afternoon, feeling like I had been beaten with sticks or slept on the ground, not in my bed.  I suspect this is weather related, or at least I hope that is the case, but damn it's annoying.  The fact that I don't have any mid level pain meds right now isn't helping, and I'm not taking my strong ones unless this gets a lot worse or doesn't go away by Thursday.  Bleh.

On 10/12/2016 at 11:28 PM, mlooney said:

I woke up, well, this afternoon, feeling like I had been beaten with sticks or slept on the ground, not in my bed.  I suspect this is weather related, or at least I hope that is the case, but damn it's annoying.  The fact that I don't have any mid level pain meds right now isn't helping, and I'm not taking my strong ones unless this gets a lot worse or doesn't go away by Thursday.  Bleh.

Not good. :( I hope you feel better soon. Sympathies from my wife also; she frequently has to struggle with weather induced migraines or bodily pain.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Forum spam.

'Nuff said.

Just now, PSadlon said:

Spammers

Thirded. I was in the process of reporting every single one of those posts when they went poof just now.

That was the first time I ever reported anything online for any reason ever.

13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

The Moderator: Thank you for the reports! I have dealt with the spambot. Hopefully this will not become a recurring problem.

~tOH.

I reported one of the posts hoping that when you or another mod saw it, you also see the poster's history, I'm not sure it works that way though I'm sure you would have seen all those posts anyway, but I was somewhat disappointed to find there wasn't a "report member" option anywhere that I saw as that's what I attempted to do first.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I reported one of the posts hoping that when you or another mod saw it, you also see the poster's history, I'm not sure it works that way though I'm sure you would have seen all those posts anyway, but I was somewhat disappointed to find there wasn't a "report member" option anywhere that I saw as that's what I attempted to do first.

The Moderator: I can see poster histories but in this case I hardly needed to. An entire forum full of spam from a new poster. He got the boot at once.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

The Moderator: I can see poster histories but in this case I hardly needed to. An entire forum full of spam from a new poster. He got the boot at once.

I sorta feel bad for missing this.

Just sorta.

25 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Ok, I missed the story here...

Why would anyone attack this place with a spambot?

They have nothing better to do, so they troll around for forums that they can disrupt. The old forums used to have the admins approve of new members before they could post. I had to email Thom directly as that was one of the suggestions to speed up approval as it proved you weren't a spambot. The new forum doesn't seem to have that process.

Spammers also exploit the Law of Large Numbers. If they spam a thousand message boards, and only one board in every hundred has just one person taking the bait, then that's still ten suckers that they've hooked.

I've got stuff to do today, and I feel like I'm coming down sick. Again. Head throbbing despite Tylenol and Tramadol, feverish/weak feeling, slightly upset stomach. A few minutes ago, I took a shot at critiquing one of my team members' works on Scribophile. Barely made it through.

God, I hate this. My immune system sucks.

38 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I've got stuff to do today, and I feel like I'm coming down sick. Again. Head throbbing despite Tylenol and Tramadol, feverish/weak feeling, slightly upset stomach. A few minutes ago, I took a shot at critiquing one of my team members' works on Scribophile. Barely made it through.

God, I hate this. My immune system sucks.

Nonetheless, Prof, take care of yourself. Make sure you stay hydrated and don't push yourself too hard. We value you here, old friend, and want you to stay healthy :)

... and now I'm not so sick. No idea why ...

* checks weather forecast and pollen counts ... ragweed SKY HIGH over weekend ... just in the high range today *

Sigh. Ragweed needs to die a sudden and ugly death.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Ragweed needs to die a sudden and ugly death.

Not one of my allergies, but Oak trees need to learn how to reproduce with out pollen.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Not one of my allergies, but Oak trees need to learn how to reproduce with out pollen.

Oddly enough, the oaks in my area didn't go to seed this year, not one acorn has fallen and normally by now the parking lot at work would be covered, the past 2 years were really bad with the number of acorns that fell though. People say that no acorns this year means we'll have a mild winter.

We've got a ton of acorns coming off of the big Live Oak in front of our house. Thank goodness we got a new AC/heat pump system earlier this year—we're gonna need it, judging from the acorn count.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

We've got a ton of acorns coming off of the big Live Oak in front of our house. Thank goodness we got a new AC/heat pump system earlier this year—we're gonna need it, judging from the acorn count.

That's very ironic considering where we live, me being in Canada and you being in Texas, that our mild winter would be your hell freezing over. ;)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

That's very ironic considering where we live, me being in Canada and you being in Texas, that our mild winter would be your hell freezing over. ;)

'Sokay. I own a Honda Ridgeline. Those things can handle it. Got me to and from work during ice/snow days (read: nights) when I was an overnight traffic reporter for the local news radio station. Never missed a day due to "undrivable roads."

It probably helps that it was built in Honda's Ontario factory. :D

"Undrivable" where my father grew up meant "unplowed roads deeper than two feet". Of course, this was in Buffalo, where most winters had at least two spells where the only way to exit the house was via the second floor window due to snow pileup.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Last time I said "Go {name of sports team}!", I followed it with "- and take {name of sports team in a different sport} with you!"

Sounds like the buttons that read "Wesley Crusher?  Good idea, turn it on!"