• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

STORY: Monday, May 16, 2016

And just how is he going to rain hell on Moperville? If he was the one responsible for the large number of aberrations mentioned by Andrea, just how many are under his control?

Sirleck has set himself up to be the Puppet Master, which is quite thematically appropriate, given that he "puppets" his hosts.

He has said here that he is willing to expend the majority of his funds (presumably tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars) in this endeavor. Besides bringing in more Aberrations (possibly enough attacking simultaneously that Adrian would feel morally obliged to take action), he may be planning to hire groups of Mercenary Mages in order to coordinate a more organized attack. Imagine a Mage equivalent of Boba Fett being sent to attack Adrian and draw him into a larger trap . . .

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

(possibly enough attacking simultaneously that Adrian would feel morally obliged to take action)

Considering they'll be attacking Adrian, he'll be taking action out of self defense first, would there be any moral obligation if he learned there were more vampires in Moperville after that? If he feels he's being targeted, he'll likely do anything in his power to prevent them from succeeding.

hmm...I wonder though, would he assume this is another lesson from Pandora? How would he react to that?

4 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

This is not good. Sirleck plans to arrange a Justin Bieber concert in Moperville.

No no, it's likely far worse: He plans to stage a live original play of Twilight. The actors themselves are not vampires, but the outrage and need to defend their honor will attract many.

"New Challenger Approaches the Stadium of the Main Eight (Or Nine, Who Knows?)" EXTRA! EXTRA!

But no, you cannot body snatch anyone anymore, Sirleck. The old man is all you need.

I wonder how Arthur/Sirleck's wealth will help him rain hell on Moperville (if I'm reading panel 3 correctly). If his plan involves other supernatural beings, why would they care about money?

16 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I wonder how Arthur/Sirleck's wealth will help him rain hell on Moperville (if I'm reading panel 3 correctly). If his plan involves other supernatural beings, why would they care about money?

Well, all the aberrations we've seen were wearing clothes that fit them reasonably well. Spidey's had some serious custom tailoring (which he may have done himself, but then he'd still have to acquire fabric, thread, buttons, and preferably a sewing machine and a reasonably-secure work space). They may prefer to not live outside in the rain and cold. They may need to eat ordinary food to maintain their bodies, more often than would be satisfied by their need to drain victims of life-force. Most probably need to travel every so often to avoid attracting too much attention. They may have ambitions beyond living a really long time - Sirleck for example.

Money would be useful.

However, if I were an aberration and learned that someone was trying to draw a lot of aberrations to Moperville, I'd be careful to stay well away from that city. Preferably on another continent. Because the expected consequence of a concentration of aberrations is a concentrated aberration-hunt.

12 hours ago, partner555 said:

And just how is he going to rain hell on Moperville? If he was the one responsible for the large number of aberrations mentioned by Andrea, just how many are under his control?

I'm going to guess that he's got some powerful magic of his own. Given that magic mirrors its owner... well, this guy's probably gonna be a lot longer-lived of an enemy than Not-Tengu was.

29 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

I'm going to guess that he's got some powerful magic of his own. Given that magic mirrors its owner... well, this guy's probably gonna be a lot longer-lived of an enemy than Not-Tengu was.

Now consider this: Ed Verres said not-Tengue wasn't special at all.  Just some guy who figured out how to get magic. 

Suppose Sirleck is special...

I like how Dan combines text and visuals to great effect in this page. The "camera" does a "close-up" on Sirleck's face while his monologue zeroes in on a conclusion. And then we have the final panel, with it's combination of the threatening conclusion in the text box and the creepiest image Dan has drawn of Sirleck yet.

This is why I love comics: using image and text together to do things you couldn't do with only one of them.

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I wonder how Arthur/Sirleck's wealth will help him rain hell on Moperville (if I'm reading panel 3 correctly).

I hope you're not referring to Arther J Arther with that comment. He's not related to Sirleck and looks rather different from Sirleck's current host. n_n;

Well, this comic does answer one question we had; Sirleck is definitively assuming that one of the two improperly-reset immortals is Raven's parent. I wonder if Magus will warn his off in time for Sirleck to save himself/long before, or if Sirleck will find out the hard way...  

I also wonder how far in advance Pandora can predict things. If this event is what she saw back two years ago when she warned Edward et. al. in the woods, then it's entirely possible that Sirleck is the hawk, not Magus, even if Magus was the proiverbial "egg" that started it all. In which case, Pandora has been expecting Sirleck's attack all along, and everything she's been doing with handing out magic marks ties in not only with making magic more common and Raven able to live as himself (as opposed to an old man), but preventing Moperville from being destroyed in one abberation's zeal. 

... I had something else I was going to add or continue the above thought will, but spell checking and correction made it fly. I'll post again if/when it comes back to me.

37 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

I hope you're not referring to Arther J Arther with that comment. He's not related to Sirleck and looks rather different from Sirleck's current host. n_n;

Well, this comic does answer one question we had; Sirleck is definitively assuming that one of the two improperly-reset immortals is Raven's parent. I wonder if Magus will warn his off in time for Sirleck to save himself/long before, or if Sirleck will find out the hard way...  

I also wonder how far in advance Pandora can predict things. If this event is what she saw back two years ago when she warned Edward et. al. in the woods, then it's entirely possible that Sirleck is the hawk, not Magus, even if Magus was the proiverbial "egg" that started it all. In which case, Pandora has been expecting Sirleck's attack all along, and everything she's been doing with handing out magic marks ties in not only with making magic more common and Raven able to live as himself (as opposed to an old man), but preventing Moperville from being destroyed in one abberation's zeal. 

... I had something else I was going to add or continue the above thought will, but spell checking and correction made it fly. I'll post again if/when it comes back to me.

I was just going to say, that not Arthur. Dan says so in the commentary that the host is as yet unnamed.

There's also this:

So yeah, this is another Tensaided/Spidervamp moment. :P

18 hours ago, partner555 said:

And just how is he going to rain hell on Moperville?

Lilith likes to do it.

15 hours ago, ijuin said:

He has said here that he is willing to expend the majority of his funds (presumably tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars) in this endeavor. Besides bringing in more Aberrations (possibly enough attacking simultaneously that Adrian would feel morally obliged to take action), he may be planning to hire groups of Mercenary Mages in order to coordinate a more organized attack. Imagine a Mage equivalent of Boba Fett being sent to attack Adrian and draw him into a larger trap . . .

I think Adrian would feel morally obliged the first Vampire he notice. He may not be so observant as Helena and Demetrius, but he will certainly enjoy the chance to kill some aberrations ...

15 hours ago, K^2 said:

*Reads note at the bottom*

Half-Life 3 confirmed!

Likely Sister III. But could also be Relations 3 or End of an Era 3. Or Guest Comics 3. Or ... well, anything, considering So a Date - part 3 started without So a Date - part 2 ...

11 hours ago, The Phoenixian said:
11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

This is not good. Sirleck plans to arrange a Justin Bieber concert in Moperville.

No no, it's likely far worse: He plans to stage a live original play of Twilight. The actors themselves are not vampires, but the outrage and need to defend their honor will attract many.

Makes sense. I mean, it will be overkill, single vampire would be enough to kill them, but what vampire will let it be and just expect someone else will do it?

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

However, if I were an aberration and learned that someone was trying to draw a lot of aberrations to Moperville, I'd be careful to stay well away from that city. Preferably on another continent. Because the expected consequence of a concentration of aberrations is a concentrated aberration-hunt.

I think that he is careful to NOT make apparent how many aberrations he draws there ...

4 hours ago, Sweveham said:

I like how Dan combines text and visuals to great effect in this page. The "camera" does a "close-up" on Sirleck's face while his monologue zeroes in on a conclusion.

.... doesn't the "old man" look younger here than before?

4 hours ago, Kazzellin said:

... totally make sense. I mean, I can easily imagine Pandora WAS able to predict this and did it mainly to allow Raven some fighting. Also, the magic marks she was handing out may be BECAUSE she wanted to create opposition against the vampires ... to make the fight more interesting. I mean, what can make the fight more fun than bunch of people who have little training, unreliable powers and thinks there is noone better to protect the city? Also, lot of them will be Raven's students, so another reason for him to fight (yes, I'm assuming we saw only small fraction of marks she was giving).

(On the other hand, it would mean she was able to predict behaviour of three other immortals, on top of lot of others. Well, why not. I already speculated that Voltaire unknowingly reacts exactly as she wanted.)

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
13 hours ago, The Phoenixian said:
13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Makes sense. I mean, it will be overkill, single vampire would be enough to kill them, but what vampire will let it be and just expect someone else will do it?

Or perhaps it will be all of them at once: Bieber playing the lead role in a Twilight play while secretly plotting to kill the audience who are actually angered vampires!

Everyone will be so busy celebrating the demise of the lead and show to defend themselves against the true sinister plot!

First, Not-Tengu not being anything special is just that it wasn't particularly difficult for him to get his monstrous form. he WAS a serious threat- remember that Angel-Nanase would have been defeated had they actually fought.

What I find interesting is that a threat this large may mean that there is an apocolypse of sorts- in terms of revelations Specifically, since Noriko was surprised Tedd was (supposed to be- I somewhat doubt he still is) magically impaired it can be assumed Nanase's mother has magic of her own. A threat this big may cause her to actually use it. That, and I have a feeling that if Sirleck really is "raining hell" down on Moperville, then it may cause Noriko to turn up- either at Edward's request, or pissed off at the threat to Tedd. ( note that she prioritised her career over her family- it never said she stopped caring about them at all)

I can think of a rather frightening reason why this plan would be expensive for Sirleck. If enough of his wealth is bound up in Moperville real estate, raining hell down on it will probably cause it to depreciate in value.

Just ask the Pharaoh. What happened to the Egyptian market after the Plagues?

1 hour ago, sstabeler said:

First, Not-Tengu not being anything special is just that it wasn't particularly difficult for him to get his monstrous form. he WAS a serious threat- remember that Angel-Nanase would have been defeated had they actually fought.

My point about special-ness turns on how powerful not-Tengue was/is in the context of Ed Verres saying the guy was nothing special.  If not-Tengue is "nothing special" and he's that powerful, imagine what someone who was special might be like.  I'm thinking Sirleck might well be "special", though it's unlikely that just being a vampire/aberrent is enough to qualify. 

I'm romancing the idea that the longer one is an aberrent/vampire the less human (and more powerful) one becomes.  The vamp that Nanase and Susan killed in France was the most human as well as the weakest we've seen.  Spider-vamp was stronger and also less human.  Sirleck is a collaboration between Salvadore Dali and HR Geiger.  What would that say about how powerful he might be?

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

I can think of a rather frightening reason why this plan would be expensive for Sirleck. If enough of his wealth is bound up in Moperville real estate, raining hell down on it will probably cause it to depreciate in value.

Just ask the Pharaoh. What happened to the Egyptian market after the Plagues?

I'm sure frog's legs were cheap for a while there, but you can't base an economy on that kind of niche item...

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 6:32 PM, hkmaly said:

Likely Sister III. But could also be Relations 3 or End of an Era 3. Or Guest Comics 3. Or ... well, anything, considering So a Date - part 3 started without So a Date - part 2

... totally make sense. I mean, I can easily imagine Pandora WAS able to predict this and did it mainly to allow Raven some fighting. Also, the magic marks she was handing out may be BECAUSE she wanted to create opposition against the vampires ... to make the fight more interesting. I mean, what can make the fight more fun than bunch of people who have little training, unreliable powers and thinks there is noone better to protect the city? Also, lot of them will be Raven's students, so another reason for him to fight (yes, I'm assuming we saw only small fraction of marks she was giving).

(On the other hand, it would mean she was able to predict behaviour of three other immortals, on top of lot of others. Well, why not. I already speculated that Voltaire unknowingly reacts exactly as she wanted.)

I'm wondering if the three isn't more of a "3... 2... 1..."-type of situation. Dan *did* mention a "final countdown" during one of the Q and As, years ago. It was both related to the song and yet not at the same time. 

Good points. 

...I am now picturing a Rhoda-shrunken vampire being chased around by kitty-form Catina. ^__^

Hopefully the fight will be enough in the future that a) more people than just Justin will have been awakened by her, and 2) unreliable powers are more stable and not so unreliable as to be ineffective. :S There's a difference between unpredictability as an asset and unpredictability as a liability. :I

I'm wondering how many people Pandora's stamped at this point. I'm thinking it might be possible for her to have done 1% of the population of Moperville at this point. There is Luke and his group, after all. We still don't know who he went to the comic shop for, either. Might be closer to .25%, though. Hmm...

Then again, I'm also wondering if it's possible that Tedd can use his insight to see how the spells the vampires wove to make them what they are function, so Raven can just go "disenchant" at the right part. "Oh look, you're back to being a regular magic user. Care to surrender?" ;P

I... honestly don't think I would be suprised to find Pandora is accurately predicting the actions of three other immortals. She probably has a lot of balls in the air that she's juggling.

18 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

hen again, I'm also wondering if it's possible that Tedd can use his insight to see how the spells the vampires wove to make them what they are function, so Raven can just go "disenchant" at the right part. "Oh look, you're back to being a regular magic user. Care to surrender?" ;P

That really depends whether it's an actual enchantment and not a spell that changes the default form  And whether or not Adrian has any spells that forces a reset of a person's default form.