• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

So, what's the best way to send Dan a Q for his Q&A's?  I don't expect to get into the new Q queue, just a reference for future queues.

Much grass.

Either way, seeing as he's been working on this Q&A for a long while now, you would be too late to send anything in for this one. I can imagine him remembering questions for later, though, or perhaps answering them directly (if appropriate)

4 hours ago, partner555 said:

Dan limited the questions to those donating via Patreons according to his posts there.

Which seems a little unfair to everyone who isn't a Patreon supporter, for various reasons, and has no idea their questions are being ignored because he didn't bother to tell anyone outside that inner circle....

5 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Which seems a little unfair to everyone who isn't a Patreon supporter, for various reasons, and has no idea their questions are being ignored because he didn't bother to tell anyone outside that inner circle....

He's mentioned the Q&A a couple times in the last few comic pages, though he didn't actually say how he was getting questions there and I can't remember if he mentioned patron only questions on twitter either. I do know he mentioned that he's doing patron only this time around because in the past he would get an "avalanche of questions that's difficult to sort through" which makes sense considering he's been struggling lately with the pinups, sketchbooks and writer's block getting in the way (not the NP character). So I can understand if he'd want to tone things down a bit somewhere.

15 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Oh, I understand his reasons, I was just saying it's unfair to not *tell* the rest of his fandom that that's how he's doing things this time.

I feel like I have read him say it outside of Patreon at some point, but can't remember where. Also, I suspect it's not purely Patreon only, as he's addressing the confusion around Arthur vs Old Man Sirleck at the very least. I think he's just focusing mostly on Patreon asked ones.

6 hours ago, Matoyak said:

I feel like I have read him say it outside of Patreon at some point, but can't remember where. Also, I suspect it's not purely Patreon only, as he's addressing the confusion around Arthur vs Old Man Sirleck at the very least. I think he's just focusing mostly on Patreon asked ones.

Yeah the Arthur vs Sirleck thing looks to be a non patreon issue but it's not the first time he's seen people saying something and gone "I really should address this.", there was the Question Mark intermission. Tensaided/Spidervamp sketchbook, and the numerous extra comics where he needed to clarify what a character meant or make a correction based on new info (Ellen's statement of having no body hair being corrected to having very fine arm hair stuff).

Arthur vs Sirleck doesn't have to be a patreon question, but as Dan said, it was an old issue that resurfaced when Sirleck reappeared in the last story and he feels obligated to address it, he could have used other means, heck that twitter post with the two characters side by side should been enough, but chances are not everyone would have seen it so instead of plastering it all over social media and stuff, the fact that there's a Q&A conveniently being worked on he might as well use that.

On 16 May 2016 at 7:25 AM, Maplestrip said:

Either way, seeing as he's been working on this Q&A for a long while now, you would be too late to send anything in for this one. I can imagine him remembering questions for later, though, or perhaps answering them directly (if appropriate)

Oh, thanks, but like I said I don't expect to get into this latest Q&A, or even necessarily the next one, I just wanted to know how to get into the queue if there is one.  Besides he may answer my question as part of the story anyway (although I doubt it'll be soon).  I was basically just going to ask how Immortals came about, and if a human can become an Abomination, does that mean humans can become Immortals, too, as flip sides of the same coin?

No big deal, really.

7 minutes ago, CptNerd said:

I was basically just going to ask how Immortals came about, and if a human can become an Abomination, does that mean humans can become Immortals, too, as flip sides of the same coin?

There's a noticable segment of the fandom who believe that Tedd is a future Immortal, thus the "dangerous rarity" designation.

48 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

There's a noticable segment of the fandom who believe that Tedd is a future Immortal, thus the "dangerous rarity" designation.

That's an interesting thought. Another possibility is that it might be possible for someone to "ascend"  if they are able to meet certain prerequisites like magic power, mental capacity, maybe there's a very, very, VERY rare spell that can be gained. Maybe another Immortal or multiple Immortals can grant a person proper Immortality.

On 5/18/2016 at 3:45 AM, Scotty said:

That's an interesting thought. Another possibility is that it might be possible for someone to "ascend"  if they are able to meet certain prerequisites like magic power, mental capacity, maybe there's a very, very, VERY rare spell that can be gained. Maybe another Immortal or multiple Immortals can grant a person proper Immortality.

What you're describing is Friendship is Magic.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it is possible to ascend to immortality as a human, I kinda doubt it. I would like to know where immortals came from, though!

3 hours ago, Maplestrip said:

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it is possible to ascend to immortality as a human, I kinda doubt it. I would like to know where immortals came from, though!

There are several potential ways to achieve immortality.  This is the one I find most intriguing.

Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged was - indeed, is- one of the Universe's very small number of immortal beings.

Most of those who are born immortal instinctively know how to cope with it, but Wowbagger was not one of them. Indeed, he had come to hate them, the load of serene bastards. He had his immortaility inadvertantly thrust upon him by an unfortunate accident with an irrational particle accelerator, a liquid lunch, and a pair of rubber bands. The precise details are not important because no one has ever managed to duplicate the exact circumstances under which it happened, and many people have ended up looking very silly, or dead, or both, trying.

From Life, the Universe, and Everything by Douglas Adams

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
spelling