• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

NP: Monday, May 16, 2016

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Is this about Fallout: New Vegas too? Although obviously not the No Kill Run :)

The desk fan implies FO4. :P

(As does the armor, for that matter, jokes aside).

I don't know what specific game Dan had in mind (I don't play shooters, and rarely bother with first or third person games because they often make me nauseous) but I'm certain there are at least a few where the sentiment applies.

20 minutes ago, Matoyak said:

The desk fan implies FO4. :P

(As does the armor, for that matter, jokes aside).

Yeah the vault suit suggests FO4 as well, would be funny if the shotgun dropped at the start of the game as you were leaving the vault.

To be fair, it would be a "Legendary" radroach.

Not sure who tells tales of this particular fearsome radroach, but apparently it has a reputation.

30 minutes ago, showler said:

To be fair, it would be a "Legendary" radroach.

Not sure who tells tales of this particular fearsome radroach, but apparently it has a reputation.

"So there I was, exploring the wastes when I came upon a radroach nest. I tried to be extra quiet to not disturb them as I passed by, but stepping on a bloodbug corpse ruined that plan, that's when the Deathclaw appeared. the Deathclaw took one swipe and knocked the shotgun that I had just modded to fire explosive rounds, right out of my hands and into the radroach nest. I managed to finish off the Deathclaw by kiting it around with my rifle, but by the time I got back to retrieve the shotgun, the largest of the radroached was just finishing swallowing the thing whole. When it burped, it fired off a round that exploded nearby causing shrapnel to hit me in the leg, there was no way I was going to get that gun back, my scavenging days were over because of that radroach."

You know what's funny, I'm currently watching someone play FO4 and they just came upon a room (not in the vault) that had a number of radroaches, one of which was Legendary, it dropped a Quickdraw Submachine Gun though but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the area that Grace got the shotgun. :)

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

The bigger question is what the cockroach was going to do with it...

Yes, roaches lack the requisite appendages for properly aiming and firing such a weapon.

47 minutes ago, Sweveham said:

If there is one thing I learnt from RPGs, it is that monsters and animals, including insects, carry money and weapons by the truckload.

It's one of those things where Willing Suspension of Disbelief needs to be applied to enhance enjoyment.

4 hours ago, partner555 said:

It's one of those things where Willing Suspension of Disbelief needs to be applied to enhance enjoyment.

It easier to believe Fallout's loot mechanic than it is, say, Borderlands' loot mechanic. ;)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

It easier to believe Fallout's loot mechanic than it is, say, Borderlands' loot mechanic. ;)

Borderlands loot mechanic was awesome :P

In my first play through, I found a level 19 Masher (revolver that works as a shotgun, this one did 99*7 DMG per shot and the two rounds in the clip could be fired almost instantaneously, so basically 1386 DMG, before a fast reload) as a random drop from a thug by the exit from the zone with the Skagzilla arena, just before reaching the first vehicle based boss (I forget his name).

This gun was one of my primary weapons, I used it to kill the destroyer, played through all the DLC, went back for the second play through, and then used it to kill the destroyer again, before finally finding a better level 52 one near the end of the last DLC...

my favorite gun in Borderlands was a either an assult rifle or a submachine gun, not sure which, that could eat it's entire ammo supply under a minute. Phasewalk right up to the middle of a group and then just hold down the trigger spraying bullets everywhere.

not one clip, the entire reserve. even with a full set of storage deck upgrades.  can't for the life of me remember where i got it... Probably didn't help that i knew the unlimited character upgrade points cheat...

5 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

my favorite gun in Borderlands was a either an assult rifle or a submachine gun, not sure which, that could eat it's entire ammo supply under a minute. Phasewalk right up to the middle of a group and then just hold down the trigger spraying bullets everywhere.

not one clip, the entire reserve. even with a full set of storage deck upgrades.  can't for the life of me remember where i got it... Probably didn't help that i knew the unlimited character upgrade points cheat...

See, this is why I like swords. They don't run out of ammo.