• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

NP: Wednesday, May 18, 2016

What kind of movie can you even get out of Tetris? The mechanics as far as I understand them have not much to offer in terms of world setting for a movie, and there is no plot whatsoever in the games to adapt to the big screen.

Tri... tri... trilogy?!

...how?  Why?  Just, on every level, what?!

If you're going to make a series, at least make it a tetralogy, sheesh.  Plus, the canonical film adaptation has already been made.

(Hmm...combined with the trilogy, maybe two wrongs make a right.)

A potential Tetris movie was available as a laughable concept for more than ten percent of both the twentieth and twenty first centuries.

And this should not be a trilogy.  Tetris would seem to demand a Tetralogy.  What in the name of the Tetragrammaton were they thinking?

Ouch. WR...S beat me to the tetralogy goke. Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Forgot Vital Point

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Actually, if you want to get technical Man has been fitting blocks together for millennia. ;)

True, but that's not what Tensaided was referring to. He was talking about making a Tetris movie as being a joke. Movies as an art form still have 80 or 90 years to go before you can apply the term "centuries" to them. Not to mention that Tetris itself is younger than I am.

I think Dan and Tensaided are being a bit premature here. The Tetris movie is still a ridiculous joke, albeit it is now sadly a reality instead of a hypothetical.

And seriously, a trilogy? You're probably better off spending several hours playing the game Tetris instead of watching the films.

There is the documentary "Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters" that was released in 2011. If people want to seriously make a proper tetris movie, it should probably revolve around the e-sports scene, maybe follow a person (or people) trying to become a world champion, and either it'd be a documentary like the one I linked, or something goofy.

I remember seeing a joke trailer of Tetris... in which it was a team sport where people piloted the blocks...

If that's what the movie is actually like, there's at least a slim chance it'll be ONLY so bad it's good...

2 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

I remember seeing a joke trailer of Tetris... in which it was a team sport where people piloted the blocks...

If that's what the movie is actually like, there's at least a slim chance it'll be ONLY so bad it's good...

There might have been a small chance of that if it was only one film. The fact that they announced a TRILOGY almost certainly sinks that hope.

11 hours ago, Sweveham said:

And seriously, a trilogy? You're probably better off spending several hours playing the game Tetris instead of watching the films.

As a test, you can play the game and watch the movie simultaneously. If the movie will be interesting, you will lose the game due to dividing attention.

Well according to an article on the Escapist, the Tetris movie (and by extension the trilogy) is going to be an "epic sci-fi thriller." Doesn't say much though, as Sci-fi covers a wide range of things, from space opera to cyberpunk and more. Could be interesting, and potentially coherent, if they make it a VR/cyberspace movie with the character's getting trapped in a game of Tetris or something.

10 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Well according to an article on the Escapist, the Tetris movie (and by extension the trilogy) is going to be an "epic sci-fi thriller." Doesn't say much though, as Sci-fi covers a wide range of things, from space opera to cyberpunk and more. Could be interesting, and potentially coherent, if they make it a VR/cyberspace movie with the character's getting trapped in a game of Tetris or something.

With the amount of information available it's hard to say: is the whole trilogy supposed to be about Tetris, or is that supposed to be trilogy and first movie will be about Tetris?

7 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

It sounds like they'll be following the Battleship model to me...

Great. The US Army gets bombarded with bricks falling from outer space. I guess Michael Bay will be providing the plot.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Great. The US Army gets bombarded with bricks falling from outer space. I guess Michael Bay will be providing the plot.

Nah, Bay's work might be monumentally stupid, but it atleast tends to be mostly origional stupid. thinly veiled carbon copies of other movies made with no understanding of what made the other one work or not work is more J.J. Abrams style.

13 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Nah, Bay's work might be monumentally stupid, but it atleast tends to be mostly origional stupid. thinly veiled carbon copies of other movies made with no understanding of what made the other one work or not work is more J.J. Abrams style.

Burn!....