• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
liontari

Index of ongoing plotlines

1 hour ago, liontari said:

Made some small changes in light of recent developments. As before, suggestions and corrections are welcome.

Would it be possible for you to summarize the changes made when you post about an update like this?  Otherwise, it's rather like the spellbooks, searching for any minor changes hidden in something long and complicated. ;-)

Or perhaps an page over at Shiveapedia?  And then let those who place the updates there alert us to the updates here?

Shiveapedia already covers all of this, of course, but it is not particularly concise.

Something like what Maplestrip did with the Character Relationship Diagram, mapping the interconnected stories instead of actors, would be useful.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vZSyhAUz29WBT83IXKe5OasfYeLKBpiW6sqoUGDBPNA/edit#gid=0

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or perhaps an page over at Shiveapedia?  And then let those who place the updates there alert us to the updates here?

Shiveapedia already covers all of this, of course, but it is not particularly concise.

I have to admit that I didn't even think of the wiki option. It certainly would make the revision history easier to see/manage. Feel free to modify my post and upload it there, if you can think of a good way to do so. I think I'll continue with the updates here for now.

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Would it be possible for you to summarize the changes made when you post about an update like this?  Otherwise, it's rather like the spellbooks, searching for any minor changes hidden in something long and complicated. ;-)

Sure, I was just assuming that anyone happening upon this topic is currently actively reading new EGS strips and probably only consulting the index to refresh his/her memory regarding older subplots. I'm not really providing any noteworthy analysis or even speculation on new comics.

I mostly changed the first three subsections under The main nexuses due to the previous month's updates, and also the text under Grace regarding her dreams. Also added Greg, as I'd forgotten about him, added some new text and a link regarding Tedd's nature, and moved Susan's father from Miscellaneous to Susan/Diane.

One thing I'm wondering about but perhaps Dan doesn't ever intend to address is immortals. Can they be killed, as in in the "full" sense, not just a reset? If not, can they still reproduce with each other or is it only with mortals? If they can reproduce and a full death is at least rare, is the world overpopulated with immortals? If they can't reproduce, where did they come from? Are they the same immortals who existed since... forever? Why are they so similar to humans?

My current head-canon (which can easily change, I've no attachment to it) is that immortals used to be human until something happened, and with all the resets they've done they don't remember it themselves.