• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Monday May 23, 2016

if her bangs weren't so messy, or Dan's usual tendencies with bust sizes weren't In effect, I would have compared her to an older blond Marinette. which probably won't mean a thing to half of you cause you probably don't watch the same cartoons I do.

I like where the designs are going. Both characters feel more enthusiastic than they normally are (Lisa is basically me right now, which feels all wrong). It also feels as though there's something wrong with their bust sizes....

I do hope Chika will appear, ye :3

I like the setting and am looking forward to the kind of questions we'll  be seeing the following weeks! I'm pretty sure this is the first Q&A that has come since I first caught up with the webcomic a few years ago.

4 hours ago, WR...S said:

It's weird... fourteen years of shrinking being a non-canon tradition, and it still hasn't happened in canon yet.

We have Rhoda who's confirmed marked with a size adjusting spell, that boar must have grown larger than what Tedd's TFG could have done. I really want to say that the pinup of Rhoda shrinking Catalina out of her clothes, while likely not canon in the actual story sense, is still an accurate demonstration of Rhoda's spell.

55 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We have Rhoda who's confirmed marked with a size adjusting spell, that boar must have grown larger than what Tedd's TFG could have done. I really want to say that the pinup of Rhoda shrinking Catalina out of her clothes, while likely not canon in the actual story sense, is still an accurate demonstration of Rhoda's spell.

I wouldn't say that. Dan could very easily be exaggerating Rhoda's ability in the pinup because it's not canon. Until we get direct confirmation from Dan, either in the form of an in canon demonstration or a direct response on Twitter or, say, an upcoming Q&A comic, I'd say the jury's still out.

Considering that Dan has said there will be shrinking (eventually), that Grace "saw" Rhoda shrink herself, that the symbol looks bidirectional... I'd say it's basically certain that she can shrink people.  But still, it feels like it's been right around the corner longer than I've been reading.

Is there a limit to the amount of time a person can remain shrunk in EGS?
I have had the thought before that shrining large segments of the human population could greatly extend resources.

Even if food would need to be shrunk for a shrunken human to digest it, there are significant savings that could be obtained in shelter, heating, and illumination.

If a desktop monitor can look like a huge display screen, an old movie house that seated 200 normal sized people could be retrofitted to seat a shrunken audience of 2,000 or more.

"Answer harder" is "Die harder", "The Questioning" is "The Quickening", what is "Requestionance" from?

17 hours ago, Stature said:

I feel like there are some things that are peculiar with Lisa and Amanda (sans the obvious), but I do not know what...

Aren't the outlines thicker? Also, Amanda's mouth is open VERY widely.

10 hours ago, Maplestrip said:

I like where the designs are going. Both characters feel more enthusiastic than they normally are (Lisa is basically me right now, which feels all wrong). It also feels as though there's something wrong with their bust sizes....

"Wrong"? :)

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
9 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

I'm virtually certain she will be... later.

And probably normal size, too. If for no other reason than because they need someone normal-sized to operate the rest of their stuff.

Yup. I'm not sure they will be able to operate the TOUCHSCREEN. Although presumably they already tried.

4 hours ago, Howitzer said:
5 hours ago, Scotty said:

I wouldn't say that. Dan could very easily be exaggerating Rhoda's ability in the pinup because it's not canon. Until we get direct confirmation from Dan, either in the form of an in canon demonstration or a direct response on Twitter or, say, an upcoming Q&A comic, I'd say the jury's still out.

I'm not sure what other reasons than the exact range of her ability would the pinup have for not being canon.

16 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The time limit of one month was mentioned to be maximum for TF gun and given how the TF gun works, it may be close to general limit for enchantments, at least in the "wouldn't need additional energy to keep going" sense. Or not.

If a desktop monitor can look like a huge display screen, an old movie house that seated 200 normal sized people could be retrofitted to seat a shrunken audience of 2,000 or more.

That wouldn't work. Smaller people would need smaller pixels and therefore bigger resolution. The phone behind Amanda needs to be "retina" or something comparable to be usable, and even then it will be poor quality for them in their current size.

there are significant savings that could be obtained in shelter, heating, and illumination.

The most important savings of shrunk population is SPACE. Anyone who tried to bought parcel of land would confirm that space costs money.

15 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I have had the thought before that shrining large segments of the human population could greatly extend resources.

Even if food would need to be shrunk for a shrunken human to digest it, there are significant savings that could be obtained in shelter, heating, and illumination.

Grace had mentioned that Tedd had said the smallest he could get with the TFG and watches was around 80% of normal size, I think Tedd himself complained about having trouble getting someone smaller than 79.XX%. As for how much bigger it's apparently 26% bigger than normal, but again I think Rhoda's spell made the boar much larger than 26% bigger than normal, which is why I believe that her spell could make someone smaller than 79.XX% of normal.

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Grace had mentioned that Tedd had said the smallest he could get with the TFG and watches was around 80% of normal size, I think Tedd himself complained about having trouble getting someone smaller than 79.XX%. As for how much bigger it's apparently 26% bigger than normal, but again I think Rhoda's spell made the boar much larger than 26% bigger than normal, which is why I believe that her spell could make someone smaller than 79.XX% of normal.

Just to clarify, I do think you're probably correct. I was mearly pointing out that we don't actually have any evidence yet. The pinup doesn't count, as it's not (yet) been confirmed canon.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

"Answer harder" is "Die harder", "The Questioning" is "The Quickening", what is "Requestionance" from?

Hmm, wasn't there a Star Trek titled Resistance?  *checks*  Nope, I think I'm thinking of First Contact.  Although there were both a couple of episodes and a novel by that name, so I'm not actually wrong....

14 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Metal gear?

Its assuredly this. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. 

7 hours ago, Arcanimus said:
22 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Metal gear?

Its assuredly this. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. 

Sounds like it.

23 hours ago, Howitzer said:
23 hours ago, Scotty said:

Just to clarify, I do think you're probably correct. I was mearly pointing out that we don't actually have any evidence yet. The pinup doesn't count, as it's not (yet) been confirmed canon.

Also, just because she can shrink someone more than to 80% doesn't mean she can shrink them as much as shown with Amanda. Maybe her limit is 50%, or 25% ...