• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

STORY: Monday March 7, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2164

Looks like Nanase's gonna try sending a Fairy over again, will it work, or will we get an explaination to why it didn't work when Tara was chasing Elliot in the mall?

Also, Diane's confusion is understandable considering Ellen just referenced the fact that she's Elliot's duplicate and knows him more that just a regular sister would. ;)

39 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Also, Diane's confusion is understandable considering Ellen just referenced the fact that she's Elliot's duplicate and knows him more that just a regular sister would. ;)

So looking forward to Diane's eventual reaction when she finds out about the cloning via magic diamond. Ashley's to. 

Nanase has>met Cheerleadra by now, but she hasn't seen the area where the Griffins are and Ch(etc.) isn't carrying a preexisting doll, so unless Nanase has received a slight upgrade the connection shouldn't work.

Of course, lately even Nanase can't keep up to her frequent upgrades, so that wouldn't take much of a stretch.

It's possible Nanase has been to the wooded area, or at least near there while jogging. Also it might still be close enough to where they were that it wouldn't be much trouble. On the other hand if the superhero form itself is what's preventing Nanase from sending a fairy, maybe high resistance or just outright blocks those types of spells, then it would be a simple matter of Elliot morphing back to normal to let her do that. If that's the case, I wonder if Elliot would have to hang up first or if the phone would just appear in his hand still connected with Ashley? :)

So...like, they already all drove back to Charlotte's dorm, and didn't clarify where everyone was going before driving off? Huh.

3 hours ago, Haylo said:

Nanase has>met Cheerleadra by now, but she hasn't seen the area where the Griffins are and Ch(etc.) isn't carrying a preexisting doll, so unless Nanase has received a slight upgrade the connection shouldn't work.

Of course, lately even Nanase can't keep up to her frequent upgrades, so that wouldn't take much of a stretch.

Goodness, that was a lot of white space.

25 minutes ago, Hunendora said:

So ... Nanase, are you going to help ask questions or to help offend Elliot? :rolleyes:

~chuckle~

4 hours ago, Matoyak said:

So...like, they already all drove back to Charlotte's dorm, and didn't clarify where everyone was going before driving off? Huh.

Well, Tara and Andrea were still off to the side sharing a moment when the rest decided to meet back at Charlotte's, so they didn't really have a chance to voice their concern and suggest an alternative until it was just Elliot left.

Also It did occur to me after my previous post that another possibility that Nanase's fairy doll spell didn't work was either because of Tara with that magic claw that would have dispelled Elliot's superhero form, or the Immortal causing interference to prevent outside magical intervention.

10 hours ago, Haylo said:

That depends. Maybe it is the same wooded area Damien used to keep his headquarters in? (In fact, that may be where the griffins are headed. It probably lies empty by now.)

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well, Tara and Andrea were still off to the side sharing a moment when the rest decided to meet back at Charlotte's, so they didn't really have a chance to voice their concern and suggest an alternative until it was just Elliot left.

But why do that? Why wouldn't you check with the very two people you need to talk to about where you should talk with them?

Well Elliot was in a rush to get everyone out of the area before anyone showed up to investigate the explosion (not likely but hey Elliot doesn't know that everyone just shrugged it off as leftover fireworks) that he just didn't think to ask if it was a good idea to go to Charlotte's or not until after it had already been decided.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2164

Looks like Nanase's gonna try sending a Fairy over again, will it work, or will we get an explaination to why it didn't work when Tara was chasing Elliot in the mall?

Even if the current level of trust, I doubt the main eight would trust Diane, Charlotte and Ashley would that knowledge just yet.

Considering Nanase had already let it slip in front of Elliot, Ashley and Tara that Diane is Susan's sister, I wouldn't be surprised if anything else happens to slip through while they discuss things.

20 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

So looking forward to Diane's eventual reaction when she finds out about the cloning via magic diamond. Ashley's to. 

Maybe they manage to keep something secret? ... ok, I know, unlikely ...

48 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Considering Nanase had already let it slip in front of Elliot, Ashley and Tara that Diane is Susan's sister, I wouldn't be surprised if anything else happens to slip through while they discuss things.

... exactly.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also It did occur to me after my previous post that another possibility that Nanase's fairy doll spell didn't work was either because of Tara with that magic claw that would have dispelled Elliot's superhero form, or the Immortal causing interference to prevent outside magical intervention.

I would definitely like to know what was the reason ... all three options (Cheerleadra, Tara, Immortal) would make sense.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I would definitely like to know what was the reason ... all three options (Cheerleadra, Tara, Immortal) would make sense.

Personal guess: Cheerleadra is a sufficiently different person from Elliot that when Nanase tried to send a fairy it failed. She's probably trying to send the fairy to Cheerleadra this time instead of Elliot. I'm thinking this is a likely reason as when Elliot changes into any of the alternative forms his personality also changes. Heidi is a blast when playing Mario cart and mild mannered Mildred (I can't remember what name, if any, that form has been given) makes Rhoda seem pushy. This coupled with a change of sex and physical form makes them seem more like completely different people than a simple shape change.

In contrast the TF gun hasn't been shown to modify peoples personality to the same degree. It's possible that it's capable of it, but so far it seems Tedd has been rather careful with this aspect. What I remember him doing was tweaking the sexuality of FV5 slightly, but it's implied that it's not a dramatic change.

It is a guess so it's going to be interesting to see how close I got it.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe they manage to keep something secret? ... ok, I know, unlikely ...

It feels like they are heading towards a near-full disclosure sort of situation, and eventually the diamond will come up. 

Might not be for a while, but it feels to me like it will come up eventually. I half expect they will have to explain the proper and improper awakenings and Elliot and Ellen's awakening being at least partially explained. 

I can see the conversation being something like this:

Diane: So how did you and Elliot get your magic?

Ellen: Well, towards the end of January of last year, Elliot was accidentally turned into a girl by Nanase's cousin. In an attempt to turn himself back to normal Elliot went and touched a magic diamond, him gaining the ability to change forms at will was one side effect of that.

Diane: That explains Elliot, but what about you?

Ellen: Well....You could say I was the other side effect of him touching the diamond.

Nanase: That's right! Your '1st Birthday' is coming up in a couple weeks isn't it Ellen?

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I can see the conversation being something like this:

Diane: So how did you and Elliot get your magic?

Ellen: Well, towards the end of January of last year, Elliot was accidentally turned into a girl by Nanase's cousin. In an attempt to turn himself back to normal Elliot went and touched a magic diamond, him gaining the ability to change forms at will was one side effect of that.

Diane: That explains Elliot, but what about you?

Ellen: Well....You could say I was the other side effect of him touching the diamond.

Nanase: That's right! Your '1st Birthday' is coming up in a couple weeks isn't it Ellen?

Oh yeah, I can see that. And now I'm imagining Diane's shocked expression.

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I can see the conversation being something like this

Not betting, but they might either 1) skip the deets; or 2) not tell at all.

22 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Oh yeah, I can see that. And now I'm imagining Diane's shocked expression.

Less shock, more expression, I would say.

8 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Personal guess: Cheerleadra is a sufficiently different person from Elliot that when Nanase tried to send a fairy it failed. She's probably trying to send the fairy to Cheerleadra this time instead of Elliot. I'm thinking this is a likely reason as when Elliot changes into any of the alternative forms his personality also changes. Heidi is a blast when playing Mario cart and mild mannered Mildred (I can't remember what name, if any, that form has been given) makes Rhoda seem pushy. This coupled with a change of sex and physical form makes them seem more like completely different people than a simple shape change.

In contrast the TF gun hasn't been shown to modify peoples personality to the same degree. It's possible that it's capable of it, but so far it seems Tedd has been rather careful with this aspect. What I remember him doing was tweaking the sexuality of FV5 slightly, but it's implied that it's not a dramatic change.

It is a guess so it's going to be interesting to see how close I got it.

Just because this option make sense it doesn't invalidate other options. In fact, if Nanase will just try Cheerleadra now and succeed, we will STILL not be sure what was the reason, unless she WAS trying Cheerleadra specifically before as well and mentions it now.

And about TF gun modifying personality ... it can be argued either way - you may count changing sexual preference (adding heterosexual) as personality modification or you can argue that TF gun doesn't change personality itself at all and everything is done by hormones or something which doesn't count as part of personality.

On 8.3.2016 at 5:44 PM, LivewareProblem said:

Looks like it's story time for Diane. Might be difficult to explain this one.

I think it's more likely that Ellen will ignore her question and change the subject. They're trying to get to know Diane better, sure, but I doubt they're ready to share all their secrets with her just yet.

On 8.3.2016 at 6:07 PM, Guest said:

That depends. Maybe it is the same wooded area Damien used to keep his headquarters in? (In fact, that may be where the griffins are headed. It probably lies empty by now.)

Um, wasn't the Nest a long drive away from Moperville? Elliot and the griffins are definitely still in Moperville, so no, I'd say this is not the same wooded area where Nanase was with Grace and Ellen when they tried to locate the Nest.

On 8.3.2016 at 7:47 PM, exterminator said:

It's a twin bond thing, Diane. You won't understand... yet.

Sadly, I find it pretty unlikely that Diane and Susan will ever have the same kind of bond as Elliot and Ellen. Even if they eventually learn to like each other, all those years spent apart and not even knowing about each other's existence won't be magically swept away.